• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

When Donald interrupts Clinton:

"Donald, you say you respect women. One way to show that respect is to not interrupt a woman when she's talking"

edit- Also.last night when Donald mentioned Michelle, I was really hoping he would try and diss her and spiral out of control
She wants him to keep doing it.

It's totally of no importance, but I noticed the nasal voice and sniffing as well. Seems like the guy hasn't recovered from whatever it is that's troubling him.

I'd actually love to know what his daily routine is in terms of diet, sleep and medication. It might be because of how both candidates present themselves, but I would think Clinton has a much more stable and healthy routine, while Trump is having a hard time, probably sleeping too little and using meds to quickly halt symptoms but who are perhaps less helpful for a long term recovery.

Then again, the reports of Hillary not wanting to drink water when she was sick surprised me, to say the least. You'd think she'd be smart enough to strictly follow medical advice.

*sniff*

It must be lovely to be able to look at Donald Trump and think 'Well he's not going to massively adversely effect my life'.

Never Trump people really have three choices. Bernie or Bust people only really have one choice since they're now supporting bust.

All the time I was supporting Clinton because of her character, Sanders supporters told me I shouldn't be because of the issues where I was slightly closer to Bernie. Now... they're telling me they're voting completely in ignorance of the issues because what matters is preventing Clinton from winning.

Which maybe is all it ever was about for them.

I used to not like Clinton too. So I get it. But I dropped claims that McCain would have been a decent President long before the general election and fully threw my weight behind Obama.

Not seeing Clinton win is more important than preventing a GOP controlled house and senate and whitehouse and supreme court? What lies do you tell yourself to convince yourself of that? Both parties are the same? Clinton is really a GOP person in sheeps clothing? The GOP will be able to handle Trump and stop him being too disastrous? It's better to rebuild from the ashes of all the poor and minorities who would be caught in the flames if the Trump Presidency is a massive disaster?

Which lies let you think stopping Clinton is more important than handing every branch of government to the GOP?

I used to like Hillary. Then I learned about her. Nothing has been so disheartening as seeing that an actual center left candidate could have been the nominee and watching as the DNC did everything they could to prevent it. It's why I'm not voting for Russ, even though I think he's the better candidate. I'm just not playing this game anymore. No more Democrats.

Hillary missed many opportunities to twist the knife IMO

She couldn't go there. On so many things. She didn't have an answer for his accusations that his loopholes were the same loopholes that all of her donors use. She couldn't do much about the argument than she's been in politics for thirty years and things have gotten worse. She couldn't answer the fact that Obamacare is hopeless and failing.

It's weird, because Bernie could have gone there. Hillary can't answer most of his most effective charges.

Diablos

Mika thinks the media overreacted to a Presidential nominee saying he sexually assaulted women on video, what world is this?
I think lots of people can't make the distinction between sexual behavior men can exhibit and then taking that behavior over the line and committing sexual assault and bragging about it. It's not one and the same.

If he was talking about what he and his wife like to do for example it would be embarrassing perhaps but not so bad that it hurts his campaign.

Diablos

Morning Joe acting like the video is a nothingburger now. If Trump gets another chance because of his debate then the only rigging going on is propping up this poor excuse of a nominee. For fuck's sake.

i'm getting really angry watching morning joe tday, and i'm not sure why
See above. That's why

Morning Joe acting like the video is a nothingburger now. If Trump gets another chance because of his debate then the only rigging going on is propping up this poor excuse of a nominee. For fuck's sake.

The crazy thing is NO ONE ELSE is doing this. Even Willie was like "are you fucking kidding me?"

I'm aghast.

And don't worry about the video becoming nothing. It will be in ads until November and there's likely more coming.

TheFatOne

She couldn't go there. On so many things. She didn't have an answer for his accusations that his loopholes were the same loopholes that all of her donors use. She couldn't do much about the argument than she's been in politics for thirty years and things have gotten worse. She couldn't answer the fact that Obamacare is hopeless and failing.

It's weird, because Bernie could have gone there. Hillary can't answer most of his most effective charges.
you can only do so much when your opponent slings bullshit at you. You can't refute everything and even when you just lay out the facts it's not good enough because they can just keep slinging more bullshit. I mean trump started the night by essentially telling Cooper he's wrong and Isis. Seriously he defended his comments by taking about Isis. You can't defend yourself against bullshit like that. This entire show was simply for Trump's base and nothing more. Also Bernie is mediocre at best in debates. Would have been out of his depth in both debates.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You guys live in a parallel reality. There's no horse race narrative and we shouldn't waste oppo on a positive cycle for Clinton. She won last night!

WTF was that analogy? Mika has lost it. Trump said he could shoot someone and get away with it, he hasn't actually done it!! (that we know of) He was bragging about actually sexually assaulting women on the video, Mika is fucking dense

I hate insomnia, why am I watching Morning Joe?

Cyanity

Banned
Let the base continue to think their candidate for president is acceptable. When the next tape releases and more GOP leadership bails, they will simply refuse to vote downballot, and the Dems have a greater chance of winning senate and house majorities.

Brinbe

Morning Joe is the biggest non-entity ever. Who the fuck, aside from maybe PoliGAF, even watches the show and is influenced by their opinions?

Remember when this was the show that welcomed Trump on and had a huge love-in with the man? They're not worth it. Never forget http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/10/media/donald-trump-morning-joe/

And I give New Day credit, they just had media experts Brian Stelter and Bill Carter on and they ripped apart any arguments the Trump supporters had about any alleged media bias/complaints of unfairness. They've been a good watch this morning.

sazzy

maybe hillary not attacking back played well with undecided or independent voters???

or is that just wishful thinking?

Let the base continue to think their candidate for president is acceptable. When the next tape releases and more GOP leadership bails, they will simply refuse to vote downballot, and the Dems have a greater chance of winning senate and house majorities.

Yup. The dude on CNN last night was 100. Clinton won by Trump "winning". This will be his peak, still 7 points behind.

I'm sorry, and this isn't me being shady, but some of you really, really don't get how this works. Donald Trump's campaign died with that video. It is not going to un-die. It is dead, and it is going to stay dead. Sitting here and praying for an oppo a day is just....it's not even bed wetting. It's bad strategy.

We literally are 30 days out from the election. The RNC is cutting back their funding of Trump's ground game. 50 GOP Congresspersons and nominees are refusing to support him. Rinse Pubis has told the RNC that they are not bound by the nominee. They have removed the top of the ticket from their GOTV phone scripts. He, literally, just bombed another debate.

Who gives a shit what "Morning Joe" has to say about anything. Literally, there are 10 people that watch Morning Joe regularly, and half of them post in here about how terrible he is every morning.

Morning Joe: "If the plan was to get people to stop talking about Billy Bush and that tape, mission accomplished"

Changes channel

CNN: Leading off the hour talking about the tape

Brinbe

Panelists on CNN brought up a good point earlier. Billy Bush just got suspended and pretty much fired from his show on Today for his comments, and on the other hand, Trump is running for President... Just look at that if you think it's an inconsequential comment.

Maybe Morning Joe is trying to stifle it because it happened on a NBC show and they've looked bad as a whole during this whole process.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, ANA WITH PUSSY HAHAHA NEVER GETS OLD

benjipwns

Banned
NBC said it wasn't going to do anything to Billy Bush last week and that his position was safe, then Republicans were raging at them for the "double standard" so they suspended him.

So, Donald Trump talked about how he'd dictatorially abuse the Presidency to go after political opponents...

And people are freaking out about Joe Scarbowhogivesafuck.

Brinbe

God bless you, Ana. She's absolutely killing the mental gymnastics Scottie's been treading in with her support of Trump. It makes no sense to lambaste Navarro for her usage of the word, then support Donald Trump. And dear God is it vulgar to hear it outloud like that. I think if more reporters were forced to actually say "grab them by the pussy" when quoting Trump, no one would be trying to minimalize it.

Its been said, but it will suck when Ana's stumping for Rubio or whoever in four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom