• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had some time to process the debate... and I'm fucking furious. This managed to make me hate Trump more than I thought I already did. How the fuck do you debate someone who lies about everything? That, bringing all of Bills accusers, and threatening to throw her in jail has me fuming.

He's our little orange wannabe despot.

America will do a great thing when we shame him in front of the world.

Holmes

What does sealing the deal even look like? Being ahead by double digits nationwide? Clinton had what seemed to be a knockout punch at the 1992 town hall, won by 5.5%. Obama also had one in 2012, won by 4%. Both candidates were leading before those debates and were leading afterwards. I think you guys are putting too much stock in this debate and also wetting yourselves because, even though he still did, Trump didn't shit the bed so badly this time around.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There are no insiders or outsiders here. Being welcoming is a requirement of communities, not a suggestion.

In future, if you have a complaint about other posters, feel free to contact a moderator.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE ESTABLISHMENT MODERATOR.

Contribution:

Just like Reagan didn't need to seal the deal with Mondale and his tank shenanigans, Hillary doesn't have to do anything, the coffin is already sealed. Now it's about damage control for Republicans.

Diablos

The problem with not delivering the knock out punch is that allowing a decent performance means Trump base rallies to him.

If Hillary had knocked him out our chances of House takeover will go up even more.
This. Hillary is more than likely going to be our next President but I think last night was crucial for increasing the odds of winning back the House. Hillary did OK but if she went all out on him it would have really helped in that regard.

I'm more concerned about if she wins and we get 4 years of gridlock or she wins and we get the House and have at least 2 years of progressive policy again. Not to mention we can save the ACA too.

I guess it's a good problem to have but god dammit if the House is within reach we have to go for it HARD. I still feel robbed after 2010.

Cyanity

Banned
I know new oppo is probably going to destroy Trump's candidacy for good before November, but my best case scenario for this race is Trump truly believing that he's going to win up until the race is called for Clinton. I want to hear the concession speech after that one. I wanna hear him broke.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I know new oppo is probably going to destroy Trump's candidacy for good before November, but my best cade scenario for this race is Trump truly believing thay he's going to win up until the race is called for Clinton. I want to hear the concession speech after that one. I wanna hear him broke.

And then I want wrong doing to surface and Trump to face consequences for it. Trump university, sexual assault, tax evasion, whatever it may be. I want him to be caught for something. Dude is sleazy as hell.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why are people complaining Hillary didn't finish off Trump and have more GOP leaders abandon him?

We WANT them to stick with him.

Mosse

Neo Member
Why do some people want a boxing match? This is not wrestling or a soap opera, this is not a place to throw punches and hurl insults at each other. It's a presidential debate where the candidates is supposed to answer undecided voters by talking directly to them about their policies. I saw one candidate who walked around, speaking to those who asked questions, and answered with actuall substance. Then there was this angry little man standing in the corner lying and not even being able to apologise about his disgusting behavior towards women without talking about isis most of the time.

Maybe it's because Im not american and don't understand what you want in a president. But how anyone can say that trump won when the only ones he spoke to was his own base, who would follow him anyway no matter what, is beyond me.

Some of you should get your priorities straight, this is about leading a country, not hosting a tv show.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My sense is that life is a lot harder for pat toomey, Rubio, jelly ayotte, etc now.

If you've abandoned him, his people are now energized.

If you haven't, he's obviously deplorable but you can't ditch him now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Criminal and future jailbird Shutlary is in Ohio for a rally today. Let's hope she does well!

And Obama tomorrow in NC!

Trump was awful: that should go without saying but people misconstrue Clinton criticism with Trump support whenever it isn't clearly stated.

That said, Clinton gave some truly awful answers with her public/private stance answer to the Wall Street transcripts question being the worst. The nuance of the Executive as demonstrated by that movie is completely lost on the average American who pays zero attention to politics outside of reading the odd headline.

Cyanity

Banned
Is the clip of Trump's rambling "locker room talk" answer to pussygate where he somehow ends on ISIS out there anywhere? I want to revel in the sheer idiocy of it.

This. Hillary is more than likely going to be our next President but I think last night was crucial for increasing the odds of winning back the House. Hillary did OK but if she went all out on him it would have really helped in that regard.

I'm more concerned about if she wins and we get 4 years of gridlock or she wins and we get the House and have at least 2 years of progressive policy again. Not to mention we can save the ACA too.

I guess it's a good problem to have but god dammit if the House is within reach we have to go for it HARD. I still feel robbed after 2010.

If she went all out she'd risk sinking to his level and creating the both sides are unhinged narrative.

A KO would have to be dirty and probably wouldn't land anyway

Dierce

Is it possible that by rallying his own base orange turd also unwillingly helped rally Clinton's base? I don't think there could have been any clearer display as to how despotic, ignorant and vile that turd of a man truly is.

I hope by the last debate Clinton has a rebuttal for every single talking point he uses and addresses in such a way that makes it clear that she is running to be president of the US. Not the dictator.

Boke1879

not seeing a lot of panic, everything is just like "wtf this is who we have to choose from?"

Oh many people are just fine with picking Hillary. Relitifating primaries are fantasizing about candidates is wasted energy.

Hillary won the debate it's reflected in polls and people here are still freaking out. The left truly is the worst.

Cyanity

Banned
Trash Nate wrote a good piece on last night's debate:

The Second Debate Probably Didn’t Help Trump, And He Needed Help

The second presidential debate on Sunday night was a strange one, with Donald Trump appearing to be on the brink of a meltdown in the first 20 to 30 minutes and then steadying himself the rest of the way. But here’s the bottom line: Based on post-debate polls, Hillary Clinton probably ended the night in a better place than she started it. And almost without question, she ended the weekend — counting the debate, the revelation on Friday of a 2005 tape in which Trump was recorded appearing to condone unwanted sexual contact against women, and the Republican reaction to the tape — in an improved position.

At times during the past two weeks, but particularly on Saturday afternoon as prominent Republicans were denouncing or unendorsing Trump one after another, it has seemed like Trump’s campaign is experiencing the political equivalent of a stock market crash. By that I mean: There’s some bad news that triggers the crash, and there’s also an element of panic and herd behavior, and it becomes hard to tell exactly which is which. At some point, the market usually finds its footing, as the stock has some fundamental value higher than zero. But it can be a long way down before it does.

At this rate, there is nothing Trump can do to win the election. Short of Hillary literally dying. And then I'd still not be convinced America wouldn't vote Kaine in.

Chumly

NBC was unanimous this morning that trump might have won his supporters last night (racists, bigots etc) but there was not a single person that he won over that wasnt already 100% on his side.

Feeling pretty good about the debate. With people already voting it's a downhill slope now to the finish line

not seeing a lot of panic, everything is just like "wtf this is who we have to choose from?"

That's even worse...

Oh no we'll have to elect a dedicated hard working extremely experienced woman as President...

A dedicated hard working extremely experienced woman running on the most progressive Democrat platform in history to boot.

Mikef2000

If she went all out she'd risk sinking to his level and creating the both sides are unhinged narrative.

A KO would have to be dirty and probably wouldn't land anyway

I agree completely. Clinton clearly won with everyone except his base(and the hard right). If anything this is even better because now it puts other republicans between a rock and a hard place, they eaither disavow Trump and piss of his base or they continue to support him and get beaten dowwn by everyone else.

Obvious Trash. Things may fall, they will fall to a certain point, this is bad.

If you push a slinky down the stairs it will eventually hit the bottom of the stairs. Or stop somewhere on the stairs.

See, I can write shit analogies too.

Is it possible that by rallying his own base orange turd also unwillingly helped rally Clinton's base? I don't think there could have been any clearer display as to how despotic, ignorant and vile that turd of a man truly is.

I hope by the last debate Clinton has a rebuttal for every single talking point he uses and addresses in such a way that makes it clear that she is running to be president of the US. Not the dictator.

Oh, it absolutely did. People are furious at his behavior.

Trump was awful: that should go without saying but people misconstrue Clinton criticism with Trump support whenever it isn't clearly stated.

That said, Clinton gave some truly awful answers with her public/private stance answer to the Wall Street transcripts question being the worst. The nuance of the Executive as demonstrated by that movie is completely lost on the average American who pays zero attention to politics outside of reading the odd headline.

The answer about that line being in regards to the movie Lincoln worked out as well as possible for Clinton. The people who aren't happy with it wouldn't be satisfied with anything she said. Outside of that group, all I've seen is a few fact checkers confirm that she was right. Having the wikileaks stuff not be talked about is the best outcome you're going to get.

Cyanity

Banned
Is anyone else bothered that climate change was never brought up last night? Would have enjoyed watching Trump squirm on that one.

sazzy

i'm switching to watching New Day in this time slot until the election is over.

bye bye joe... only gonna catch up clips which seem interesting on youtube

Diablos

Does this count?
31d.gif
This is amazing. Wow

Raaaas poll is a pleasant surprise

We gotta win the House back fam. What are key races that we should be donating to? Aaron Strife to thread pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom