• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
how_much_does_donald_trump_respect_women-_pre-2005_tape_release_post-2005_tape_release_chartbuilder_28cb56e8bba8fa32a69548bccdba52b1.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

how_much_does_donald_trump_respect_women-_women_pre-2005_tape_release_women_post-2005_tape_release_chartbuilder_02f0e7d1f9f11ccdc0d177efd24208c3.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

how_much_does_donald_trump_respect_women-_men_pre-2005_tape_release_men_post-2005_tape_release_chartbuilder_ceae4129541cf5c539aab6ae8e196990.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

Why don't they ask the undecided voters in the town hall what they thought of the debate?
It's like 40 people. It's not significant, really. Plus, none of the networks "own" those voters. That would be a logistic nightmare. I guess they could call them back or something.

But something that I do think is important is how Hillary and Trump acted afterwards. Hillary immediately worked the crowd. Trump just stood there with his wife and spawn. He eventually went around, but only after he saw Hillary do it. He has no natural inclination as a politician. None at all.

It's like 40 people. It's not significant, really. Plus, none of the networks "own" those voters. That would be a logistic nightmare. I guess they could call them back or something.

But something that I do think is important is how Hillary and Trump acted afterwards. Hillary immediately worked the crowd. Trump just stood there with his wife and spawn. He eventually went around, but only after he saw Hillary do it. He has no natural inclination as a politician. None at all.

I mean the focus groups networks do have like 20.

I am thinking Gallup could go back to them and get their responses.

Ryuuroden

Why don't they ask the undecided voters in the town hall what they thought of the debate?

I listened to BBC ask undecided voters last night and they were still.........undecided. Gotta be either trolling this point or they must be so undecided about everything I don't know how they are still alive....."should I buy this food or not" etc.

or, they are staying undecided so they can continue to be on the news.

Reading facial expressions, they all seemed horrified by much of what Trump was saying especially during the answer to the islamaphobia question. He literally attacked the woman by saying Muslims needs to report things.

Edit: I love how much Joe is triggered by Bill. lol he's so damn angry

Geraldo Rivera: I have ‘embarrassing’ tapes of Trump
Rivera said he started going over past interviews with Trump, the Republican presidential nominee.
“I have interviewed Donald Trump many times and been with him may times, and I have tapes,” Rivera said on Fox News’s "The Five" Sunday, Politico reported. “My brother and I have been starting to go through the tapes now, and there are statements that, in the context of the current climate, would be embarrassing.”

DO IT

Hmmm, sweet Rasssss in the morning, doesn't know what it wants.

Brinbe

Pence on CNN. Looks like he cried himself to sleep last night.

Rass +7 means she's actually up by like 15 or he's up... FUCK

Is it too optimistic to think that this will lead to schools everywhere having conversations about how this kind of talk is not ok even in locker rooms?

thefro

Is it too optimistic to think that this will lead to schools everywhere having conversations about how this kind of talk is not ok even in locker rooms?

There's a huuuge difference between "this is how I got some action" and "I can even sexually assault women and get away with it because I'm rich/famous"

I mean the problem here is that some of these men (A) feel the same way and/or (B) don't actually care.

that's an odd poll.

it looks like the tape took men who thought he respected them "a lot" and moved them entirely to the "not at all" category. "some" and "not much" didn't budge.

Those almost had to be men who were completely tuned out and not paying attention. I don't know how else you would explain that.

Patryn

Apparently the Trump campaign had a larger plan for the four women they held a press conference with:

The gambit to give Bill Clinton’s accusers prime seats was devised by Trump campaign chief executive Stephen K. Bannon and Jared Kushner, the candidate’s son-in-law, and approved personally by Trump. The four women — three of whom have alleged Bill Clinton sexually assaulted or harassed them years ago — were to walk in the debate hall at the same time as the 42nd president and confront him in front of a national television audience.

“We were going to put the four women in the VIP box,” said former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, who represents Trump in debate negotiations. “We had it all set. We wanted to have them shake hands with Bill, to see if Bill would shake hands with them.”

The plan was shot down by the debate organizers (thankfully):

Frank J. Fahrenkopf, the debate commission’s co-chairman and a former Republican National Committee chairman, caught wind of the plot on Sunday and immediately moved to put an end to it. Fahrenkopf tartly warned a Trump staffer that if the campaign tried to put the four women in the family box, security personnel would remove them, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversations.

“Fahrenkopf said, ‘no’ – verbally said ‘no,’ that ‘security would throw them out,’” Giuliani said.

After issuing his warning, Fahrenkopf and co-chairman Mike McCurry, a former Clinton White House press secretary, took the stage to make pre-debate announcements.

At that point, the co-chairmen were not certain whether the Trump campaign would abide by Fahrenkopf’s order. A Republican strategist later said that it was only when Fahrenkopf saw Giuliani leading the women to other seats that he knew the campaign had backed down.

Just wow. The Trump campaign trying (and succeeding, sadly) to make a mockery of this election process.

Boke1879

I would LOVE for Trump to get more people dropping support from him publicly. Just because I want to see the current GOP in dysfunction.

But part of me wants them to think tonight was acceptable and stick with him. So when more shit comes out or he flies off the handle again. They look even more stupid.

what happened with Pence?

I would LOVE for Trump to get more people dropping support from him publicly. Just because I want to see the current GOP in dysfunction.

But part of me wants them to think tonight was acceptable and stick with him. So when more shit comes out or he flies off the handle again. They look even more stupid.

Yup. Let him a less than apocalyptically bad week now. It's early anyway. Then when the hammer drops, the damage is that much worse.

Context:
At the end of this New Day segment, Pence was running through his Syria/Debate talking points as the segment time ran out and the anchor just goes "Got it." and cuts him off.

Aren't they notorious for being Reupblican skewed or am I getting them mixed up?

Yes, but they're always trash. They're either:

A) Trying to guess at a trend here
B) Trying to scare the shit out of the GOP to do something drastic
C) Setting up a narrative to show her losing support over the next few weeks

Definitely not

D) Measuring an accurately weighted poll

thebloo

Yes, but they're always trash. They're either:

A) Trying to guess at a trend here
B) Trying to scare the shit out of the GOP to do something drastic
C) Setting up a narrative to show her losing support over the next few weeks

Definitely not

D) Measuring an accurately weighted poll

Or...

E) Being rASS and just showing their bad work.

Never attribute to partisanship that which is adequately explained by rassmussen.

Teggy

Context:
At the end of this New Day segment, Pence was running through his Syria/Debate talking points as the segment time ran out and the anchor just goes "Got it." and cuts him off.

He lied about the question he was asked in the VP debate so she just queued up the video and showed he was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom