• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Rass has a tendency to be crazy as fuck but then get in line with everyone else near the end (or close enough). They're terrible, but there's a method to their madness.

Context:
At the end of this New Day segment, Pence was running through his Syria/Debate talking points as the segment time ran out and the anchor just goes "Got it." and cuts him off.

Satellite time. She didn't cut him off more than his feed switched to MSNBC so they could have their segment. You see a similar thing happen on the Live Sunday shows when the same guest is everywhere. Just yesterday it happened with Chuck Todd and Giuliani.

Boke1879

I wonder if today the view will talk about the tape? I assume they will. I also feel the late night shows are going to get in one this as well.

Last night Trump was a mad man. He threatened to jail a political opponent if elected. That's just not cool at all. I sincerely hope that gets play because it's crazy.

The tape will continue to bury him. Clinton shut down that whole Bill shit he was trying to pull. I hope this is another bad week for Trump. I hope more shit gets released and I hope he skips out on the last debate. He'd get negative news just for that.

benjipwns

Banned
Actually, Rass has a tendency to be crazy as fuck but then get in line with everyone else near the end (or close enough). They're terrible, but there's a method to their madness.
I believe they've openly said they poll too much and too fast without really adjusting too much. And down the stretch they actually work on doing a better job putting in their model.

IIRC, something along the lines of the early polls are more about finding the trends, but nobody listens to their disclaimers so fuck it they give up.

PPP's tried to say something similar to the media but lol why are u tryin brehs.

Clefargle

I know it has been said before, there is even a thread about it. But holy god the right wing memes are always so badly done. They always feature shitty formatting, too much text, and dated references. Here are a couple of gems from my FB feed:

14495294_1310482735629106_5366548366549960327_n.jpg

14570235_10155073188406729_3931053227197571588_n.jpg

Lol sooooooo baaaad

I know it has been said before, there is even a thread about it. But holy god the right wing memes are always so badly done. They always feature shitty formatting, too much text, and dated references. Here are a couple of gems from my FB feed:

Lol sooooooo baaaad

Somehow I don't think the average person has much to fear from Ray Rice on the elevator.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Yeah I have some old friends who are Trump supporters masking themselves as people who say "both candidates" suck but cleary only post meme's and pro Trump shit.

Last night I had enough, attacked them for supporting a sexual predator and called them disgusting for it. Another person chimed in with an LOL and I lost it again, said sexual assault isn't funny, and Trump supporters are deplorable immoral moron's.

Now they are calling for me to apologize to that person. They want ME to apologize, but they don't expect that same standard for their candidate for president. I'm just baffled.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Let's not get too excited about the Ras poll, guys. It's their new daily survey model, not their standard polling.

Boke1879

Yea they are going full conspiracy theory.

Wow releasing a video complaining out the moderators? They want their "rigged" narrative so bad. I'm wondering if he truly shows up to the final debate

benjipwns

Banned
Trump threatening to not appear at debates is just a tactic, dude's not going to give up free TV time. Especially bailing on the one with a Fox News anchor. Which despite being a pro-Hillary, anti-Trump Communist Front network still would look the worst to avoid.

Especially if that rumor about a network is true, if he's down 10 points and has an n-word tape out he can still go in to go scorched earth for the base. That's a win.

Boke1879

When the moderators stepped up and did their job I think this was inevitable.

So she's more like the movie national treasure, then?

Well good. He'll go in on them being rude to him. Totally means he won the debate lol. I'm also curious if he'll start attacking the GOP at rallies.

They never for a second stopped to think that it was because Trump's bs was too strong that he got called out more. The moderators were awesome...well besides some of the audience questions that made it in. They asked Hilary some hard ass questions about her emails and Obama care.

There was only one outburst from Cooper where he came off more as a host than moderator when asking about the preexisting conditions to Trump and didn't let him respond for more than 4 seconds.

While driving into work, I flipped to a local predominantly Black AM talk radio station, and the morning host was doing this Donny the Coke Fiend thing, a pretty hilarious combination of loud sniffles and his actual rambling quotes from the debates and the video. Basically a white, rich Tyrone Biggums.
Good bit of morning levity.

Trump sounded like he was running for the Republican Primary again. Not a good place to be if you want undecided voters.

There were points where he sounded like a raving madman, like when he was talking about Sidney Blumenthal like everyone knows who he is. He was pretty much playing into internet conspiracies and his base will love him for that. No one else will.

Yeah I have some old friends who are Trump supporters masking themselves as people who say "both candidates" suck but cleary only post meme's and pro Trump shit.

Last night I had enough, attacked them for supporting a sexual predator and called them disgusting for it. Another person chimed in with an LOL and I lost it again, said sexual assault isn't funny, and Trump supporters are deplorable immoral moron's.

Now they are calling for me to apologize to that person. They want ME to apologize, but they don't expect that same standard for their candidate for president. I'm just baffled.

that sucks man, but definitely don't apologize. They don't deserve it.

kadotsu

Banned
Trump threatening to not appear at debates is just a tactic, dude's not going to give up free TV time.

Especially if that rumor about a network is true, if he's down 10 points and has an n-word tape out he can still go in to go scorched earth for the base. That's a win.

I'm of the believe that the Trump campaign is in post election mode right now. Look at the debate and Conway's tweets. They are mostly pushing conspiracy and rigged talking points. He wants to keep enough of his base to fleece them in the next few years. If he plays it right he could become a king maker for GOP primaries.

benjipwns

Banned
It's funny because Sid Blumenthal is a pretty big shitbag and was behind a bunch of the birther/Obama is a muslim/etc. shit in 2008 but he totally fucked it up by including him with Soros and Buffett as if they're equivalent lol

PKrockin

If the moderators were so in the tank for Clinton, why was this question asked? Questions are supposed to be able to be posed to either candidate.

This question involves Wikileaks release of reported excerpts as Secretary Clinton paid speeches which she has refused to release and one line in particular in which you, Secretary Clinton, reportedly say you need both a public and private position on certain issues. So Tiu from Virginia asks is okay for politicians to be two-faced? Is it acceptable for a politician to have a private stance on issues?

I'm of the believe that the Trump campaign is in post election mode right now. Look at the debate and Conway's tweets. They are mostly pushing conspiracy and rigged talking points. He wants to keep enough of his base to fleece them in the next few years. If he plays it right he could become a king maker for GOP primaries.

God please yes.

Trump stumping in 2020. God has shone upon us this day.

Ithil

If the moderators were so in the tank for Clinton, why was this question asked? Questions are supposed to be able to be posed to either candidate.

It's amusing to see how many people were talking shit about her answer, including Trump surrogates, even though what she said was completely accurate. So all these people supposedly "outraged" by the contents of these transcripts, have not actually read them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's amusing to see how many people were talking shit about her answer, including Trump surrogates, even though what she said was completely accurate. So all these people supposedly "outraged" by the contents of these transcripts, have not actually read them.
Just like with the TPP. Have you ever asked any of those people why they think it's so terrible? No one will have an answer for you.

Didn't you know that Honest Abe never told a lie? That's why he told his mom immediately after he cut down that cherry tree.

Historical facts do not actually matter to a bunch of people simply because his nickname is 'Honest Abe'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom