• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Republican Party as we knew it is over. They just haven't figured that out yet. It will split into two - the Bannon/Trump faction and the reasonable/moderate ones.

tuffy

What are the odds of the republican party coming back to him only to be destroyed in the blast of the next tape drop?
Anyone who's bailed out on him isn't coming back. Debate or no, they've already calculated he's ultimately going to lose and will treat him accordingly.

Slacker

As expected:

Nothing will really change, GOP in total paralysis.

They can't really be this stupid, can they? Another story will break soon because of course it will. At that point they'll bail and every one of their opponents will have more ammo to hit them with come re-election time.

Fox318

The Bone!

CuadhBbXYAQUhLF.jpg

If I write in "The Bone" does it count as a vote for him?

I wonder if LA Times writers sit in traffic every morning and look around at all the cool chill progressive Californians slouched in their convertibles and are like, "God, we fucking suck."

lyrick

Was listening to Minnesota Public Radio (NPR, but Minnesotan), and a caller brought up that future Party Chair people will be up for change post election.

What are we going to do if we lose our Priebus & Baileys jokes?

Fox318

10 years from now

"And now to the 2016 Election and how the Bern, Pussy Grabbing, and hardcore Boneing drove the nation into world war 4"

FLEABttn

Banned
One of my co-workers this morning that she loves the idea of Trump jailing Clinton.

Her father was a Vietnamese general who was secretly imprisoned by the Vietcong for more than 10 years. This discourse is acceptable to her and she sees no parallels.

Alcander

I don't get Mika. I shouldn't be surprised, but for months she has been ranting about how Rs should get a backbone and dump trump, and now that they are they have "overreached". What?

As expected:

Nothing will really change, GOP in total paralysis.

That's basically the same thing as defecting though. If you're paralyzed, you're not on the trail in a meaningful sense. If they don't wash Trump's balls enough at their rallies, then they'll get booed right out of there. Being quiet on the fringes here and just focusing on your own race is the same thing as endorsing Clinton to Trump's base, and they represent most of the party now.

What are the odds of the republican party coming back to him only to be destroyed in the blast of the next tape drop?

High. It's why I highly doubt anyone will come back to him that's already dropped out, and the people that didn't un-endorse probably have the press release ready to go when the next thing hits the fan.

To state it another way, you know full well that there's more shit out there. Going back to Trump would be a bet that the other shit doesn't come out in the next month. This is clearly a poor bet.

BigAl1992

This is just a wild theory that i've thought up, but i was just wondering with all the talk of the GOP being paralysed and the Republican senators who're now bedwetting themselves over all this, i'm wondering if Clinton held back deliberately, so that when the next tape drop comes in, it'll take out more people than if she had walked all over Trump last night. Just a wild theory, but it makes you wonder....

benjipwns

Banned
omarosa, never change
OMAROSA ‏@OMAROSA 5h5 hours ago Washington University Field House
#debate2016: @christadubill ur girl in ur video could not recall my name? Even tho we have 3ft signs with our name in BOLD on them? #fake
OMAROSA ‏@OMAROSA 4h4 hours ago
@joe_warmington @christadubill me too especially after being exploited by Christa in a public restroom. Some journalist!!
OMAROSA ‏@OMAROSA 5h5 hours ago
#Debate2016: @christadubill you just "happened" to find this girl in the bathroom? While the spin room is going on? #BULL #fakeStory
OMAROSA ‏@OMAROSA 5h5 hours ago Manhattan, NY
@WLGresham yes my name is on a 3ft sign!! Is she an actress hired by @christadubill it's obviously a fake story. She didn't seem my name?
OMAROSA ‏@OMAROSA 5h5 hours ago Manhattan, NY
#Debates2016: @christadubill did you hire this girl? Is she an actress? She was yelling my name. Then can't remember it 5mins later? #fake
OMAROSA ‏@OMAROSA 5h5 hours ago
#Debates2016: @christadubill I am EXPOSING you for this FAKE and Slanderous story!! #shameOnYou for exploiting this woman!
she killed michael clarke duncan, i assume, people are saying, it's what some people are saying, that i've heard

Kaban

I know it's been said before by him, but the most disgusting/upsetting thing from the debate was Trump's claim that Captain Khan would still be alive had he been president at the time. Absolutely sickening.

Just some random musing about the debates: I think people get too caught up in the idea of evaluating debates on "points" or how the pundits characterize it. What's more important is what each campaign needs to get out of the debate and how well they accomplished that. You could see this in responses to the VP debate that said that Kaine did poorly but the debate would end up helping the Clinton campaign. Sure, he may have lost on points, but that doesn't matter. The campaign accomplished their objective of damaging Trump. As far as I'm concerned, that makes Kaine's performance good.

Same thing here. I don't really care if the media says Trump "staunched the bleeding" or whatever. He needed to make up ground and instead catered entirely to his base. He's losing and this debate did nothing to change that. And I seriously doubt anyone is going to be swayed by some talking head saying Trump righted the ship. What's going to last from this debate is Trump saying he'd jail Hillary and doubling down on "locker room talk."

Revolver

Disgusting. I bet Giuliani tries to turn thos into a talking point too.

Kellyanne was complaining about it this morning on CBS. Implying it wasn't fair because Claire McCaskill was allowed to sit in the VIP box and Mark Cuban got to sit where he wanted at the first debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom