• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoP 2 OXM score revealed

PhatSaqs

Banned
Posted by a Ubisoft rep at XB IGN boards.
Anyhow - I DO know the OXM score and while I cannot reveal it.......I will say that it is the highest score OXM has ever given (and shared by two others.).
Both NG and Splinter Cell got 9.6s (highest scores OXM have given).

EDITED: The OXM scores posted earlier saying Halo 2 got a 9.9 were fake.

Anyhow, looks like PoP 2 is grizz-ate.

Insertia

PhatSaqs said:

So maybe there was some truth to the Halo 2 score.

the guy that claimed Halo 2 recieved a 9.9 also said PoP scored 9.4.

VitaBone

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

It got a 9.4 What the hell are you hidding?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, it can't possibly be that the game is actually good...

I have it preordered. The preorder bonus art book is the mine.

Mrbob

The UBI reps words and the OXM scores do not matchup.

9.6 >>> 9.4

9.9 >>>> 9.4

Who is right?

And well be ignored due to its release date.

Lets not forget either that PoP was rated extremely high too. Too high. So any review needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
PhatSaqs said:

I do not endorse this comment.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well he could just be retarded and think 9.4 is the highest score they've ever given.

Either way it doesnt mean he's seen the mag or the Halo 2 score.

More likely the score is 9.6, the scores posted earlier were BS and he hasnt seen the mag or the Halo 2 score.

PhatSaqs

Banned
VitaBone said:
Halo 2 = 9.8
PoP 2 = 9.4
Where does this come from?

Another post from him on OXM score speculation: (someone says Halo 9.4 - PoP 2 9.6)
Take 2003's GOTY (which hit or miss with some people), add 1.5 years of development, and 100000000000000000000000000000000% of gamer input and you get something that's truly special.

I can neither confirm nor deny those scores.....but one of them is true.

I dont think he knows the Halo 2 score.

Mrbob

Take 2003's GOTY (which hit or miss with some people), add 1.5 years of development, and 100000000000000000000000000000000% of gamer input and you get something that's truly special.

I can neither confirm nor deny those scores.....but one of them is true.

And angst. Lots and lots of angst. Angst factor X 100000000. Plus shitty numetal music.

VitaBone

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Where does this come from?

Another post from him on OXM score speculation: (someone says Halo 9.4 - PoP 2 9.6)

I dont think he knows the Halo 2 score.
I've heard PoP 2 score from multiple boards. The Halo 2 one, I give 1 degree of seperation for the score so if it's really 9.9..... then fine... but I've heard 9.9 for Halo 2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How does a sequel to a game that came out last November have 1.5 years more dev time than the original?

And gamers tend to be morons, so that's not the greatest selling point.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
well, since the OXM hasn't "officially" hit shelves yet, if PoP2 got a 9.6 he could still theoretically say "it received the same as the highest scores OXM have given," since he's using the past tense.

Just trying to make sense of it.

IJoel

Marconelly said:
Yeah, it can't possibly be that the game is actually good...

I have it preordered. The preorder bonus art book is the mine.

I also preordered having in mind getting the art book.

Well, I was given the art book when I preordered. Needless to say, I was baffled at how crappy it was.

I have a pic somewhere, but it seems my webpage is down. I'll post a pic in the evening.

I can help you guys make sense of it: The guy who reported the OXM scores was lying.

How do I know this? Because he just told me on AIM, and you can IM him at Otogi Ninja if you want to confirm it. He didn't think anyone would take it seriously (supposedly, according to him), so yeah.

nitewulf

Mrbob said:
And angst. Lots and lots of angst. Angst factor X 100000000. Plus shitty numetal music.
theres reason for it though, the first one, along w/ BGandE sold like shit. i cant really blame them for trying make it more mainstream.

edit: so what did OXM give Halo?

GhaleonEB

Is is possible that the rep knows what PoP 2 got, but not Halo 2? So the person is essentially saying that their score is tied with the highest that OXM has given out before - but they don't know that Halo 2 scored better?

Seems like a possible scenario.

IJoel

IJoel said:
I also preordered having in mind getting the art book.

Well, I was given the art book when I preordered. Needless to say, I was baffled at how crappy it was.

I have a pic somewhere, but it seems my webpage is down. I'll post a pic in the evening.

Here's an image of the book:
pop2_wtf.jpg

Top Bottom