• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

And yet you hang off Gaga's every fart and burp.

cherhairshadeactualslggovj.gif

Unbothered, the crowds at both dates of the BTWB I went to SPEAK OTHERWISE to your FOOLISH ASSUMPTIONS

ujDX8.gif

#NEXT!

Nemesis_

Nem were there any straights at the Gaga concert besides you?

Yes, lots of MARRIED COUPLES and a few PEOPLE TOO

More of them were in the Monster Pit which was the second date I attended. A few were in Melbourne but not many (but that really is the gay capital of Australia tbh)

I will admit I was surprised too ;_;

I think Australia in general loves Lady Gaga no matter what, similar to Pink tbh. Blessed country.

No one was here for BTW though which was a bit sad

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So now you can't even read, because Girls Aloud are critical darlings* and they've opened for Coldplay along with Jay Z (they actually came back from their hiatus to play those gigs).

Clearly a band with interest only to young girls and gays.
777ff663raj17.gif

While BTW's 'it's okay to be a fat/ugly girl or a homosexual' message is obviously a message with cross-generational and demographic appeal. OK.

ibzhfkezr0ay7absj79.gif

* I requote for posterity: 'Virgin Media gave the album five stars, saying it was "bursting [...] with invention, quirky lyrics, tongue-in-cheek sauciness and [...] appeals to grown-up pop fans and music critics as well as to the teenyboppers."'

Bladenic

Yes, lots of MARRIED COUPLES and a few PEOPLE TOO

More of them were in the Monster Pit which was the second date I attended. A few were in Melbourne but not many (but that really is the gay capital of Australia tbh)

I will admit I was surprised too ;_;

I think Australia in general loves Lady Gaga no matter what, similar to Pink tbh. Blessed country.

No one was here for BTW though which was a bit sad

Oh cool. She's coming to Romania August 16th though most people I talk to only joked about her and the concert lol, doesn't seem to be much love here.

Nemesis_

It's nice to see some stans for certain acts are as a deluded as others.

X9Nvr.gif

Chris sis, LOL. Poor Gaga. At least she makes the effort to perform at as many places as she can.

Unlike others

tVAU4.gif

Bladenic

X9Nvr.gif

Chris sis, LOL. Poor Gaga. At least she makes the effort to perform at as many places as she can.

Unlike others

tVAU4.gif

YES drag the hag.

And who knows though the concert might be packed. It's still a stadium venue in the capital city, so it will still no doubt be packed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

X9Nvr.gif

Yes, clearly I'm the delusional one for pointing out facts and quoting critics.

ipyiycb2lzkzbjhkzx.gif

You gerls all act like I'm trying to say Gods Aloud are the biggest, most relevant pop group in the world.

No surprises to see such basic failed attempts at wig snatching. I sometimes question whether you people can even read.

tumblr_ll85ghurb81qapiqkli.gif

Nemesis_

I don't hate the hag but I think her cancelling Australia again is a bit shit - angry for all those mega die hard fans who have been waiting twenty years for her return.

But she's not in it to please the fans anymore anyway, she's worked out she's making enough money with the currently announced dates.

I won't talk anymore about how I feel about Madonna as a person after this fiasco, as I apparently could get banned

i095c.gif

No surprises to see such basic failed attempts at wig snatching. I sometimes question whether you people can even read.

tumblr_ll85ghurb81qapiqkli.gif

I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am in life if I couldn't READ.

Bladenic

I don't hate the hag but I think her cancelling Australia again is a bit shit - angry for all those mega die hard fans who have been waiting twenty years for her return.

But she's not in it to please the fans anymore anyway, she's worked out she's making enough money with the currently announced dates.

I won't talk anymore about how I feel about Madonna as a person after this fiasco, as I apparently could get banned

i095c.gif

Why would you get banned?

Nemesis_

Oh, THAT'S WHO ANASTACIA IS.

I suppose she was OKAY

Her last hit here was 2008. I think she had cancer or something? I guess she' okay now which is nice.

Christopher

Is Where Have You Been the radio edit different from the album version I heard it today on the radio and it seemed to have more "umph" to it.

Man that Lady Gaga concert looks crazy fun ...me and my wife went last year around April.
I never got the Saior Moon .gif's in pop gaf *shrug

Bladenic

Is Where Have You Been the radio edit different from the album version I heard it today on the radio and it seemed to have more "umph" to it.

Man that Lady Gaga concert looks crazy fun ...me and my wife went last year around April.
I never got the Saior Moon .gif's in pop gaf *shrug

What's there to get?

Nemesis_

OKAY but when's the album coming out? Or a new single anyway.

Here for new Kesha. People can talk all the shit they want but Kesha's songs are among the catchiest around.

Quite good producer Benny Blanco has been chatting about his work on the new album by street wee apologist Ke$ha.

Talking to Rolling Stone, Blanco described one of the new songs he, Dr Luke and Cirkut have co-written with Fun. lead singer Nate Ruess as “old hippie rock”.

“It’s stomps and claps, and the chorus doesn’t really have any drums in it, basically. The feeling is so good,” he described. “And then the verse just pops in, and it’s very unexpected and it pops into electronic. So it’s rock, it’s big electronic breaks and drums.”

=

Bladenic

For anyone who didn't download the Killers song at least listen to it on YouTube. Slaying me. I got it and Good Time on repeat.

Nemesis_

Pink has confirmed she will have 13 tracks on her new album.

I am not a fan but a nice length tbh. Not here for 22 track aural abortions.

Christopher

Pink has confirmed she will have 13 tracks on her new album.

I am not a fan but a nice length tbh. Not here for 22 track aural abortions.

I love a short sweet album that doesn't have too many tracks on it....it gives the album more of a focus.

<3 Bad and Thriller I played today - still flawless tbh.

Bladenic

Never even thought of buying a P!nk album but I always liked her singles.

And unless this one is on sale on Amazon I ain't gonna buy it, esp. on release day considering The Killers new album comes out same day I think.

Nemesis_

I have a weird OCD thing about having single songs. Though once I bought MDNA I had to break that OCD thing.

In the past THREE DAYS I've bought the following because I've always listened to them on YouTube but never got around to buyin them and iPod/iPading them

412dfIU-GqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
31YdBkc5qJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61pH9fSsI1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51NkVp5af-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51KdOXnGfZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

;_; My wallet CRIES

Bladenic

I have a weird OCD thing about having single songs. Though once I bought MDNA I had to break that OCD thing.

Bless.

Edit: Triple bless. Ellie Goulding and esp. Frank Ocean's albums are both great. Actually Ellie is like 4/5 while Frank is 5/5 easy.

I listened to Ceremonials only once. I need more listens though, only 2 songs really stuck out to me (Water and Heaven).

royalan

ENOUGH OF YOUR BICKERING! THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS AT HAND!

THE GODS HAVE BLESSED US AND IT HAS HAPPENED

THE ORIGINAL SUGABABES HAVE REUNITED.

THAT MEANS MUTYA (my fave), KEISHA AND SIOBHAN!

vQYEh.jpg

(what kind of FUCKING FLAWLESSNESS...No longer girls but WOMEN - SUGAWOMEN. Your faves are NOTHING in comparison and you will ALL deal.)

Well, actually they aren't technically the Sugababes, since their old label still has rights to the name and have beQUEEFed it to the three FLOPS who have it now. All the better I say.

It has been rumored since the beginning of the year that the original girls had secretly reunited and were in the studio recording, but this is the first time it has been officially confirmed I think.

More info below:

This time last week, we met up with Mutya Keisha Siobhan &#8211; for that is the name the Origibabes/Propababes/Whatevababes will be going under &#8211; for a chat.

Two points before we go any further.

First: the music sounds really good. We&#8217;re still not allowed to say very much about it, but it&#8217;s officially &#8216;not shit&#8217;.

Second: before we met up with them we were a bit worried that the whole experience would be quite seriousface and awkward but as soon as you sit in a room with the three of them you can tell it&#8217;s all fine. There is lots of laughter and fun and stuff like that.

Our interview with the girls is their first as a band since 2001, and we&#8217;ll be putting the full text online soon. For the time being here are five things we learned from the chat, with some supporting quotes so you know we didn&#8217;t make the whole thing up.

POINT ONE: YOU SHOULDN&#8217;T READ ANYTHING INTO THE ORDER OF THEIR NAMES IN &#8216;MUTYA KEISHA SIOBHAN&#8217; BECAUSE IT BASICALLY JUST SOUNDS GOOD

Siobhan: People seem to say it in that order quite naturally. It seems to roll off the tongue like that.
Keisha: Mutya, can I just say something? I found a link the other day which I really want to show you. It&#8217;s a clip of you when you&#8217;re 16 and they ask you why we came up with the name &#8216;Sugababes&#8217;. And you go: &#8220;Well we had to have a band name because we couldn&#8217;t have people just calling us Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan.&#8221; (Everyone laughs) Amazing! It&#8217;s so cute. It&#8217;s when you were innocent.
Mutya: I&#8217;m still innocent!

POINT TWO: KEISHA IS FINE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE SUGABABES THANKS VERY MUCH ALTHOUGH THE DETAILS ARE A BIT LONG-WINDED

Keisha: Have you got an hour? (Much chortling) Basically, I can&#8217;t say too much about it &#8211; legally I&#8217;ve been told I can&#8217;t speak about it. But what I will say is that when everyone else found out I wasn&#8217;t in the group is pretty much when I found out. I will say that we had a great relationship, me and the girls; I&#8217;ve never had an argument with Amelle in my life. I was really shocked by the things that they were saying because I&#8217;d always been there for them, and they were there for me as well&#8230; But, you move on, and you learn, and I learned valuable life lessons during that period&#8230; I feel like everything has gone full circle and right now I&#8217;m exactly where I&#8217;m meant to be. And I genuinely wish them the best of luck. I know people are always going to say, &#8220;oh, you&#8217;ve got to say that&#8221;&#8230; To be honest with you I was very hurt and disappointed and I did feel betrayed by the whole thing. But I feel like when you don&#8217;t forgive people and when you&#8217;re very bitter it&#8217;s not really doing anything for you. But I&#8217;m in a great place, and that&#8217;s all I care about. Onwards and upwards.

POINT THREE: THEY&#8217;VE TALKED ABOUT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF SOMEONE LEFT THE BAND AGAIN

Siobhan: Then that would be the end of that.
Keisha: We&#8217;ve had discussions. We have a way of working: we trust each other. We look after each other. We are genuinely there for each other. If we were unhappy we&#8217;d tell each other and we&#8217;d figure it out, between ourselves.
Siobhan: Everything is a group decision this time round.
Keisha: There will be no overworking people to the point where they&#8217;re depressed. There&#8217;s none of that stuff. We all have the same intentions. You need that. I&#8217;ve always wanted to be part of something where I genuinely felt sisterhood, and I feel like I&#8217;ve definitely found that now.
Mutya: Well thank you very much.

POINT FOUR: THIS WHOLE REUNION THING ALMOST HAPPENED IN 2009 (BUT DIDN&#8217;T)

Keisha: Well, back in 2009 I was contacted by the girls through my lawyer, and they were kind of like, &#8216;do you want to meet up?&#8217;. We all met up. I&#8217;d only been out of the band for three months and I&#8217;d just had enough of girlbands. I&#8217;d had enough of the WHOLE THING&#8230; Anyway, basically, they contacted me and we sat together and I actually really wanted to see the girls. Me meeting up with them was more about me wanting to see them than actually thinking about getting the band back together. Because like I say it was only three months after I&#8217;d left the Sugababes. So we decided not to do it. And then last year, in 2011, we were contacted by a producer. He put it to us: he said, &#8220;let&#8217;s record a few tracks and then see&#8221;. And we did. And we loved it.
Siobhan: He actually called me which was weird because I&#8217;d never worked with him before&#8230; And I said I&#8217;d only do it if it was with the other girls. (Firmly) I didn&#8217;t want to do another project on my own.
Keisha: We basically said, &#8220;yes, but we want to do it on our own terms&#8221;.
Siobhan: We didn&#8217;t want anyone to organise it for us. We wanted to steer the ship ourselves, which is what we did.

POINT FIVE: THE MOMENT WHEN THEY ALL SANG TOGETHER AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME WAS QUITE SPECIAL, AS YOU MIGHT EXPECT

Siobhan: The first time we sang in a room together and worked out our harmonies and sang them together was recording a song called &#8216;Too In Love&#8217;.
Keisha: It was the first time we&#8217;d sang together since we were 16 years old. To be honest with you it wasn&#8217;t an instant thing. When we were younger we gelled straight away, but we had to learn to blend with each other again.
Mutya: It&#8217;s been a while!
Keisha: Yes. It was when we came to do another song, &#8216;Love Me Hard&#8217; &#8211; that&#8217;s when I first properly heard us blending.
Siobhan: That&#8217;s when we knew that we properly had to get back together. You never know if that magic is still going to be there. If it&#8217;s not going to be as magical as the first time around you don&#8217;t really want to do it, do you. The minute we sang together, we looked at each other, and we knew. It just worked.
Mutya: It was emotional.
Keisha: It was so special to be excited about hearing our voices together, and being excited about our music. On my days off I&#8217;d go home and I&#8217;d listen to the tracks. I&#8217;d be like, &#8216;I&#8217;m really enjoying this&#8217;. I just enjoyed our music.
Mutya: We&#8217;ve got some really good songs.
Siobhan: For me, it&#8217;s the first time in years that I&#8217;ve been excited about even attempting a music project. I&#8217;m super-excited.

Source

Guys, I can't...I just can't today. If the rumored Xtina leak happens this week as well I'm done. DONE.

37mdB.gif

Nemesis_

I only have about six songs out of the seventeen still on my iTunes. The rest is vile trash, and two of those songs I have hardly ever get a listen tbh.

I should DELETE THEM ALL in PROTEST

I see the CHAVS have invaded and that the ICICLE ESSAY WRITING CONTEST has BEGUN

At least some of the Sugababes songs were BEARABLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom