• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
But sistren, the gold standard will solve everything

ivDyCBoRF2wf3.gif

article 1 section 8 tho

16m4sia7kkmr.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It really is.

All shade aside because the receipts are there for how much I enjoyed the first season of X-Factor, and I WILL come out and say Britney did a much better job than I thought she would (so far, we'll see how she copes with the live shows), but tonight's premier was a snorefest. I know it's easy to joke about how these shows don't actually bring in talent, but tonight's group was ridiculously awful. I honestly feel that not a single one - a single one - turned out a performance that could be considered good or memorable. I feel like all the acts we saw tonight would have been laughed off the stage on The Voice and even Idol.

And coming from The Voice, where the judges ALL have some sort of rapport with each other (even when they're ripping each other's wigs off), it was really dull watching the really put-on interactions between these four.

I feel like last season was so great to watch because Simon came at it thinking he had the perfect formula for a show and all he had to do was throw a huge budget at it to topple Idol...and it blew up in his face spectacularly. Now it seems like he's just checking boxes for what he thinks the American public wants, and the result so far is a boring show that seems to lack any real heart.

And that's just how I see it.
ixuAzTs2N2iMY.gif

Did y'all gerls see this?

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/the-voice-officially-pointless/98824/
godels: 10th anniversary Kitsune Maison album is coming up next month! They've posted a five minute minimix of the songs today.

Sis thaaaanks!

bort

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/09/thursday-september-13-2012/

http://i.imgur.com/jiSCq.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Fox led this second Wednesday in September care of the two-hour season-premiere of The X Factor, which scored a very respectable [B]6.7 rating/11 share in the overnights from 8-10 p.m. (peaking at a 7.5/12 at 9:30 p.m.). But compared to its year-ago series-opener (8.7/14 on Wednesday 9/21/11), this was down by 23 percent.[/B] [B]And a one-hour edition of competing The Voice on NBC (7.3/13 from 8-9 p.m.) bested the first hour of The X Factor (6.1/10) by 20 percent. [/B]Given all the hoopla of Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joining the judges table, the initial sampling could of…and should of…been higher. Keep in mind, that the 8.7 in the overnights last year translated into 12.49 million viewers and a 4.4/12 among adults 18-49 (based on the Live Plus Same Day results).[/QUOTE]

oooh

YIKES. I honestly expected the premiere episode X Factor to clobber the 3rd episode of The Voice. Simon must be panini pressed.

Praying for stan meltdowns on the web, tbh

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I blame Shitney for this. The show decided to focus on her and forgot to showcase those who audition.

You shitney fans should tweet Demi and apologize.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Video shoots took place at the Valley of Fire on Monday, the Clarion Hotel's showroom on Sunday and at various downtown hotels. Extras were wearing biker gear and rode motorcycles. It's the video for [Lana Del Rey's] single titled "Ride," a track for her upcoming album. -LVRJ

GaTmb.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I guess Adam Levine has more pulling power than everyone anticipated.

And Hewvato's HEW-Factor is enough to scare people off Godney.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yes, they are going to replace Demi even tho they didn't showcase her at all until the last 15 minutes and her songs rose on iTunes

Skyscraper & GYHAB are in the Top 100 on itunes in 19 different countries collectively while your flop faves are nowhere to be seen not even Britney got an increase, stay deluded
ibz2AOXFUPFYSb.gif

JCX

Haha can't believe the Voice beat X Factor. Simon must be kicking himself for thinking he was too big for Idol. I expect XF to beat the Voice once its gimmick stage ends and its labyrnthine quarter-finals-subquarterfinals-snatch-em-up rounds start.

botty

Banned
Marius, based on some reviews... Demi was the break out star of the night, especially after her emotional sequence with the bullied girl.

NY Daily News
As Jensen's tears turn to joy, her friends rush her on stage and surround her, celebrating a performance that Cowell later admits may have brought a tear to his eye.
A powerful end to the premiere and a win for Lovato, too.

USA Today
While Spears was somewhat reserved, Lovato cheerily took control, asking the singers to introduce themselves and handing the mike to Cowell to comment on the performances. As the only judge too young to drink, she related well to the teenage contestants, complimenting them on their glitter, cuteness, lipstick and stage presence.

iTwGU2gNKmWyc.gif

xaosslug

Yes, they are going to replace Demi even tho they didn't showcase her at all until the last 15 minutes and her songs rose on iTunes

Skyscraper & GYHAB are in the Top 100 on itunes in 19 different countries collectively while your flop faves are nowhere to be seen not even Britney got an increase, stay deluded
ibz2AOXFUPFYSb.gif

welp, SOMEONE is gun need to be the 'fall guy' and it likely won't be Britney, Simon, or LA... she's just the low man on the totem pole...

McHJO.gif

Artemisia

Banned

ibz2AOXFUPFYSb.gif

I don't understand...

Demi and Britney were hired to help the Xfactor get ratings, not the other way around.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I don't understand...

Demi and Britney were hired to help the Xfactor get ratings, not the other way around.

ok, lets be honest here...
Do you actually believe Demi was hired to help get more ratings or because thats all they could afford with the budget they had and in a way she wouldn't outshine Britney?

Yall kept saying Demi was an unknown, a hew. From the start this show would only serve to boost her career which signs of that happening have already been shown not the other way around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom