• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

https://twitter.com/PopWansel/status/250017737370394624

I'm fucking READY
ibmI3stTprHctc.gif

OMFG!!!

It's coming sis!!

tumblr_lst0xiIbrz1qewmu6o1_r2_250.gif

#DiamondsEra #MAYAH #EliteNaviShit #WeBadUMad

tumblr_lst0xiIbrz1qewmu6o2_250.gif

Nemesis_

Could everyone stop being excited for FARM ANIMALS and recommend one album to me that should be included in the OT.

There will be a COMPENDIUM of sorts that will highlight a few albums that are essential listens for the genre. A BEST OF if you will.

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

The surprise should be kept under wraps until the OT comes off.

If you don't I will have to make some..... Decisions myself on what to leave out and leave in :conniving:

DMeisterJ

Banned
Could everyone stop being excited for FARM ANIMALS and recommend one album to me that should be included in the OT.

There will be a COMPENDIUM of sorts that will highlight a few albums that are essential listens for the genre. A BEST OF if you will.

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

If you don't I will have to make some..... Decisions myself on what to leave out and leave in :conniving:

Rihanna
POP
LOUD

Duh.

Ties

Banned

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

iB97YDQfPty1Y.gif

Expect some PMs shortly

royalan

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

Not trying to be the whiner...but I would like to mention that if there's anything I DO like about the this thread's OP, it's the neutrality.

I think that's something that should be maintained. :)

Artemisia

Banned

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

Fame Monster
Immaculate Collection
Bad
Rated R
Halcyon :conniving:
On A Mission
Body Talk
Back To Black
Ceremonials
Devotion
Rhythm Nation 1814

Nemesis_

Not to be the whiner...but I would like to mention that if there's anything I DO like about the this thread's OP, it's the neutrality.

I think that's something that should be maintained. :)

When did I imply otherwise? =P

I am just trying to give the community to have the chance to have some input.

Though some still have problems with basic reading comprehension it seems.
Arte/DMJ

To clarify, you should submit any albums you think would be good, not just a choice for your main fave

Mariah+Carey+-+Butterfly.jpg
300_17286.jpg

Butterfly and The Emancipation of Mimi are two ESSENTIAL inclusions in any pop album compendium.

So basically, I spit on your "one album per artist" rule <3

Aguila

#ICONIC

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

ONE PER ARTIST
PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY
ANY TIME PERIOD / ERA

PM SUBMISSIONS ONLY

Christopher

I wonder what will happen to our faves twenty years from now when thier madonnas age will they still go on? Will they fade out into obscurity ..? For instance what happened to the legendary singers who were popular back then you rarely hear about them they all got push aside for younger artists

Nemesis_

Seriously guys is it really that hard?

I have little to no time to do the OT right now and yet here I am working on it while I'm in a fucking lecture.
This isn't literally the worst time due t Uni but also certain life events I don't want to talk about.

Could you have the fucking decency to please PM me your shit when I ask to, It makes things much easier for me to track rather than wasting time wading through the GIFs and mess to find what you guys posted.

LEARN TO READ

BE RESPECTFUL OF HOW I WORK.

Ties and Aguila <3

Mau ®

K.

Everybody send your suggestions to Nem's PM box *.*

AND NOW LET'S RESUME BEING EXCITED OVER THE FARM ANIMAL'S SINGLE!!!!

tumblr_li062xickR1qewmu6o1_r2_500.gif

Mumei

Oh cut the condescension and give me a bit more credit than that, sis.

The argument has never been whether or not Christina lipsyncs at all. I'm not naive; the sky is blue, Santa doesn't exist, and Xtina has lip-synced some performances. Most pop singers who are expected to perform and/or keep rigorous promotional schedules have lip-synced performances at one era or another. Mariah has, Beyonce has, Christina has, and yes...even Rihanna has. So you're not really shedding light on a subject more than stating the obvious.

My point has always been that I don't necessarily believe that the run in the Burlesque performance specifically is lipped. If it is, then I don't know why she would have to lip-sync that note. Why? Well, simply put, if you have Xtina's range (even with the questionable technique) nothing about that run should have been difficult. Technically speaking, it's not extremely impressive
Hush Mumei
. She hits an F#5 at the top of it, yes - but it's not like she's hitting a clean, supported F#5 that's sustained over several seconds. She is, for all intents and purposes, barking that note out
hush Mumei
and quickly descending. Yes, it sounds good
Mumei seriously stop laughing
but again, not difficult with her range. Granted, I am a man with a male voice and a baritone's range, so I can't say for certain what was going on with Xtina at that time that would cause her to need to lip-sync that part. But I watch the entire performance, and listen to how her voice is holding up throughout and note where she's pausing to breathe, and it just doesn't make sense to me that she would need to lip-sync that part.

Same with the Hurt performances you linked to. You say she's lip-syncing in the beginning, but she's also hitting some, frankly, bum notes in those videos. I cringe whenever she gets to the chorus (that "for EVERYTHING..." is A-Cup as fuck). One of the main points of lip-syncing is to cover up the fact that you, for whatever reason, are unable to sing your song properly at that time. So considering that, I don't really see the sense in an artist using a prerecorded track of themselves singing a song improperly to cover up their inability to sing said song properly. I mean, unless the goal is to have the performance be as authentic as possible
Mumei stop
, but then if that's the case I'd say Christina has a hell of a lot of integrity to purposely insert bum notes into her prerecorded tracks.

I dunno at the end of the day, and frankly I don't feel like combing over every performance (and footage shot on someone's camera phone with quality so shitty you can barely hear her) trying to spot insignificant parts where she might be lip-syncing. She's still my queen and she's still one of the best in the biz.

ibinzj7nYbyD87.gif

This is my favorite royalan post. I was already laughing by the time I got to the one telling me to stop. I laughed more. :x

i0yrgncjGe9gR.jpg

Ties

Banned
Fame Monster
Immaculate Collection
Bad
Rated R
Halcyon :conniving:
On A Mission
Body Talk
Back To Black
Ceremonials
Devotion
Rhythm Nation 1814
lordt my album recommendations reached at least 20 rip

i forgot back to black
oop
EDIT:
Suggesting these albums reminded me how basic the male pop contemporaries are today.

Nemesis_

That's the point - many people make suggestions then we are less likely to leave some out.

Though the listing will be succinct so some may not make the cut

Ties

Banned
Yeah I've left some questionable suggestions from unknowns and recent releases that are borderline pop, but their basic song structures reflect pop and musical offerings are all really solid so hopefully they don't get left out simply because of their lack of relevance. I feel like I'm missing a couple of "must hear" albums though because most of my suggestions stem from fairly recent releases and I only really suggested four or so critically lauded albums from the 90s so hopefully the older POPGAF population can fill the Aretha, Cher, Mary J., and etc. gaps for me.
9f1de191.gif

This isn't shade

DIE YOUNG SEPTEMBER 25TH YA'LL, DON'T FORGET.
KE$HA IS COMING FOR YA FAVES' WIGS, PANTY HOSES, AND CHAPSTICKS.

tumblr_m9lybnvied1rf1y6co1_500.gif

*throws glitter around POPGAF*

Rihanna hew? Lana hew?
bhuHH.gif
I can't lie, I actually like some of Rihanna's music, and some of Lana's as well. I'll be darned if they take the spotlight off of Ke$ha, though. No, not darned actually, PRESSED. Ciao.

Ties

Banned

tumblr_m9lybnvied1rf1y6co1_500.gif

Rihanna hew? Lana hew?
bhuHH.gif
I can't lie, I actually like some of Rihanna's music, and some of Lana's as well. I'll be darned if they take the spotlight off of Ke$ha, though. No, not darned actually, PRESSED. Ciao.
tumblr_matzbqIAlO1rdg8koo1_400.gif

Rih and Ke$ha are probably going to collab this era so I'll keep it cute

Trigger

Rihanna hew? Lana hew?
bhuHH.gif

Yasssssss

cax0J.gif

Artemisia

Banned
random:

Calvin Harris is basic as fuck.

Like shit. The only songs I like of his are WFL and Sweet Nothing. The rest sound the fucking same and have the same structure. I was listening to the Ellie collab from the Halcyon snippets and the song is the same fucking thing as Sweet Nothing but with a more basic beat.

Go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom