• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

wtf! a wild Ke$ha stan appears

He doesn't even come here so I am keeping it

lmao

I can imagine a kesha stan lurking here and not ever wanting to post.

this hostile thread
smh

More purchases out of MORBID CURIOSITY.

51Vsk628lqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61gfWCEFtIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My wallet WEEPS.

Where on earth can I purchase the Magician's Remix of I Follow Rivers though? ;_;

ibbOAYeNS7S47W.gif

Nemesis_

Not sure where the comparisons to Mad-onna are coming from considering she ripped that look wholesale off Annie Lennox.

wnKJV.jpg

You win this ROUND. I'm embarassed I don't know that being such a huge Eurhythmics stan ;_;

At least I don't think it's ORIGINAL like SOME AROUND HERE.

Nemesis_

You know, I've personally never understood why people hold Madonna's channeling of Marilyn Monroe against her. It was so obviously done that it was clearly homage. Heck, that entire era was Madonna's tribute to Marilyn, the originator of Blonde Ambition.

Well yeah, I think that's fine too.

It's just the multitudes of others that get me a bit annoyed that people think Gaga steals everything ;_;

I love you mother *.*

OVlaF.gif

Cynosure

What did I ever do to you tbh.

tumblr_lo0rc7rZ6p1qm830mo1_400.gif

I'm the ones who's confused

you constantly rag on Xtina for Bionic's commercial failure and call her Xtincta, etc, and yet you go out of your way to literally support an artist who most likely will never even achieve Xtina's lowest sales.

what kind of ugly hypocrisy

mJegV.gif

Nemesis_

I'm the ones who's confused

you constantly rag on Xtina for Bionic's commercial failure and call her Xtincta, etc, and yet you go out of your way to literally support an artist who most likely will never even achieve Xtina's lowest sales.

what kind of ugly hypocrisy

mJegV.gif

Perhaps I'm here for GOOD MUSIC. Wounded Rhymes so far is quite good - something a little bit different.

Nemesis_

For me, the problem when Gaga does it is that she doesn't like to cite her sources, as it were.

And Madonna does?

EDIT: I need to get off the computer, encoding some HD shit and it's making everything crawl. we may or may not discuss this later ;_;

Kyon

Banned
From the "where is the good music" thread.

Top 40 = similar flavors of Kraft singles. Yes they sell more cheese than anyone else in the word and according to popgaf that is important.

In order to find cheese with real taste you'll have to look elsewhere. Find someone with a great voice and personality, follow it up with a song that has multiple layers of meaning to you personally and finish it off with good production value.

And don't worry about what other people (popgaf) think.

I just cant with these baboons making us out to be Top40 slaves. Thats not what pop stans are all about. We all have different tastes.
Not our fault our faves are relevant and recognized in society. Not everyone on Top40 is shit.

Bladenic

LOL at that quote Kyon posted. If anything, he described what you should look for in any artist of any genre, and many of our faves would (theoretically) fit the bill of what he described. What a fucking mess.

Bladenic

Janet - Feedback

6.4 million views and counting. Ban bet?

LOL sorry I couldn't let this slide. Icicle do you visit YouTube often?

Because in this day and age, music videos easily attain AT LEAST in the double digit millions, and if you're a pretty popular artist over 100 million is easily obtainable.

6.4 million is, honestly, pathetic. Some Romanian artists regularly get at least 10 million for their videos. That's right, artists from a second world country that usually only are known within the country get more views than Janet's last single or whatever Feedback is.

Oh, "and counting"? Um, the video is years old, there's no counting to it. It might reach 6.5 million in about twenty years perhaps.

Oh and Marius what is that Kesha avatar? New single cover??

Nemesis_

Because in this day and age, music videos easily attain AT LEAST in the double digit millions, and if you're a pretty popular artist over 100 million is easily obtainable.

6.4 million is, honestly, pathetic. Some Romanian artists regularly get at least 10 million for their videos. That's right, artists from a second world country that usually only are known within the country get more views than Janet's last single or whatever Feedback is.

Oh, "and counting"? Um, the video is years old, there's no counting to it. It might reach 6.5 million in about twenty years perhaps.

Oh and Marius what is that Kesha avatar? New single cover??

Pretty sure that whole album was also Janice's least succesful and the tour supporting it only grossed around 10 million. PoorDat

And that KESHA shit is just a photoshoot from somewhere IIRC.

Mumei

Even Chris feels safe dragging Icicle these days? My, how the world has changed.

isanVNEKjj9N2.gif

Kyon

Banned
The Angel of Music is coming back soon. Had to make an avatar of the leaked pic for the upcoming New World Order *.*
She is my #1 vocal fave. Mariah always came 2nd after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom