• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Someone's been lurking ATRL...

ummmm

why the fuck not MIA

Little Monsters are so retarded >_>

MIA dissed Gaga

tumblr_m7dsenCObf1qhis0lo1_500.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Well it's a great song so I think I'll go along with them.

Especially if KWEENBRA gets up on the stage too.

oh god please let that happen ;_;

Mau ®

Yeah the Take Care video is good but not great. The song is one of my faves of all time but they dropped the ball with the video

Mumei

I think this will flop. Mariah is talented, but has she been out of the game too long?

Three years since her last studio album.

The main issue is that she's been on a downward trajectory both in album sales and in radio play:

2005 - 12 million (2 #1s, 1 #2 (and would have been 3 #1s if one of the #1s hadn't blocked the #2, huge radio airplay)
2008 - 2.5 million (1 #1)
2009 - 1.25 million (1 #7)

She also had a holiday album in 2010 which has only sold ~750K worldwide. There are probably lots of reasons for this (not least of which: the 2009 album wasn't particularly good and Obsessed aside did not have very many radio friendly songs; it is thought by some that the singles choices after Touch My Body for E=MC2 were also poor but I don't really know much about that), but suffice to say she is in need of another comeback.

Christopher

I personally was never a Mariah Carey fan I remember her last song had lyrics about you tube? However she does need to make a comeback and class up the airwaves a bit tbh

Mumei

Mmhm.

Also, something to tell royalan:

I was at the library and walking by the CDs when I came across Esperanza Spalding's Radio Music Society. So I checked it out. I can't remember what post it was, but I'm pretty sure I saw you talking about her in the previous PopGAF topic. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I'm in love with her so far.

Satch

Banned
Mmhm.

Also, something to tell royalan:

I was at the library and walking by the CDs when I came across Esperanza Spalding's Radio Music Society. So I checked it out. I can't remember what post it was, but I'm pretty sure I saw you talking about her in the previous PopGAF topic. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I'm in love with her so far.

good

she's amazing

i love her interpretation of "wild is the wind"

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mariah's never released an offensively bad song (videos are a different story), so no matter how creamy vanilla this song inevitably ends up being, it'll still stand head and shoulders above all the other dross to which we've been subjected this year.

#troublewillsnatchitswigtho

#Triumphant2012WorldDomination

Trigger

Mariah's never released an offensively bad song (videos are a different story), so no matter how creamy vanilla this song inevitably ends up being, it'll still stand head and shoulders above all the other dross to which we've been subjected this year.

#troublewillsnatchitswigtho

#truth

B-Dex

That mimi cover is a mess.

Mimi looks good but then Rick Ross is mentioned......

Why does she insist on collabs with has been rappers.

Trigger

All of Bruises's reviews have been scalding. It's hard to separate how much of this is due to his shitty music or the change in personality post-domestic abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom