• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
wait....

iHilLc1hnMifB.gif

botty

Banned
Ok, here is my impression:

The rapping takes away from the song, as predicted.

Mariah actually sounds good here, although the beat seems to be battling her for dominance. Not to mention the clashing of Mariah's vocals on Mariah's other vocals.

I feel like the "get em, get em, get em, get em" part is kinda catchy, if only because I love the sound of Mariah's voice.

This is not Mariah's best lyrics a la "Them chicks is ash, and I am lotion," considering at one point she says:

"Reach for the stars" -- what kind of basic cliche lyrics...

Ending with the signature whistle note was nice.

Waiting for the video >_>

royalan

Mariah...I can't...that was NOT comeback single material.

Like...at all.

That was like something you'd release as the 6th single of an already-successful era.

Why would she do that? I mean even a flop era like "Memoirs" started off with a banging track with "Obsessed".

She's BARELY on this.

Waiting for the dance remixes...

botty

Banned
Mariah...I can't...that was NOT comeback single material.

Like...at all.

That was like something you'd release as the 6th single of an already-successful era.

Maybe she will perform this song at next year's BET awards, because I just don't know where to put this song.

iskBmU37j4T24.gif

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Odd choice for a first single.

I like the idea of collabs because emancipation shitted on all your fave's albums. But there needs to be more Mariah singing and less Ross and Meek.

royalan

The chorus + her verse are all pretty good. The issue is she sounds like a featured artist on her own song.

I'm not gonna lie...I didn't even like her "verse."

She's taken to the whisper-singing to a new extreme and I could barely understand what she was saying.

Majmun

I hope the Illuminati won't hunt my ass for this. But when it comes to my faves: Godriah>Beysus. Sorry Bee.

Nothing can touch The Messiah. Nothing. Mariah in her peak>>>>(all your past, present and future faves...COMBINED)

But I'll let Mumei & Royalan stan for her. The receipts they always deliver are enough to keep the pressed bothered.

i6AhKAHaGe2Bf.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I hope the Illuminati won't hunt my ass for this. But when it comes to my faves: Godriah>Beysus. Sorry Bee.

Nothing can touch The Messiah. Nothing. Mariah in her peak>>>>(all your past, present and future faves...COMBINED)

But I'll let Mumei & Royalan stan for her. The receipts they always deliver are enough to keep the pressed bothered.

i6AhKAHaGe2Bf.gif

You mean Brandy.

these 2 post, what am I reading

iHilLc1hnMifB.gif

Koodo

Banned
Not sure how they're going to do a rap-less version considering the rap verses take up more than half of the song.

It's not bad though, but the song seems rushed. Especially during the chorus were the production and her vocals are a melting pot of noise at times.

Mumei

Not sure how they're going to do a rap-less version considering the rap verses take up more than half of the song.

Mariah Carey ‏@MariahCarey

#Triumphant has hot dance remixes coming your way! The #lambily will appreciate the completely re-sung remixes I've been working on: )

That's how.

Majmun

Listened to Triumphant for ~10 times now. I think it's pretty good, albeit a tad underwhelming. Definitely no lead single material.

She should be the star in her song. Her presence is kept at a minimal. And that's a shame.

I really hope she makes good decisions for future singles. She's not the best when it comes to picking singles, I'm afraid.
VjvlV.gif

royalan

New Tea spilled on the Jacksons. Apparently that "vacation" Grandma Jackson was on wasn't all that planned and innocent, after all:

Katherine Jackson declared in the documents that she learned she was the subject of a search when she accidentally heard a TV report.

Before that, she said she was kept virtually incommunicado without access to a phone or her iPad. She said her stay at the Tucson resort was unplanned, and she went there after she was told her doctor had ordered her to rest.

"While there was a telephone in my room, the telephone was not functioning and I could not dial out," she said in the documents. "In addition, there was no picture on the television in my room."

While at the resort, Jackson said, she was unaware that her lawyer had flown to Tucson to contact her and that her grandchildren were worried about her.

"While I was away, I had no reason to question whether the people with whom I placed trust would inform me that Prince, Paris and Blanket were trying to reach me," she said.

She said she had asked about the children and was told they were fine.

"The day before I was brought home from Tucson, I was finally permitted to use the phone to speak with Prince, Paris, Blanket and TJ," she said.

#AMESS

Icicle

Just MINUTES ago, Janet has finally taken to Twitter to SPEAK on this #RATCHETMESS

Janhova said:
Thank u for knowing fact from fiction. Thank u for all of ur support. I luv u all

If you think she is the VILLAINESS here, you may BE SEATED.

Christopher

Just got an a in one of my classes after not going to school for 6 years gotta get a degree so I can tell my son anyone can :D this has made me blast out good time by jepsus feeling good gerls gonna even pump even if Rihanna's on I won't switch her today :0

Satch

Banned
Just got an a in one of my classes after not going to school for 6 years gotta get a degree so I can tell my son anyone can :D this has made me blast out good time by jepsus feeling good gerls gonna even pump even if Rihanna's on I won't switch her today :0

congrats but what?

Trigger

EgJTv.gif

Yes get that education Chris and spread the word of Carlysus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom