• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

The holy trinity of the album with Skin + Nothing Really Matters + Sky Fits Heaven.

crying1.gif

Justin Timberpuddle tried

Bitch FROZEN could easily topple Sky Fits Heaven.

But yes Matt_, Ray of Light is immaculate. I still wonder which album of Madonna's is truly her best between Confessions and Ray of Light. Both have such different themes and feels sonically speaking but they are both just so good.

;_;

I agree Candy Perfume Girl is abhorrent though.

Nemesis_

I just read through the thread.

I see my Rih and Xtine stanning has been classified as BANDWAGONING.

I suggest you look up this term.

im7Dd5dUPHSML.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just finished Ray Of Light and I liked it, although I lost interest towards the end , the tracks just seemed to blend together but maybe that's because I'm tired. Power of Goodbye, Frozen and Ray of Light are the stand outs for me. Can definitely see why it gets the praise it does though

royalan

LAWD Hard Candy is slaying me tonight.

I never DISLIKED it.

But I think I love it now.

"Can't get my head around it. I need to think about it..."

Trigger

moulels

LAWD Hard Candy is slaying me tonight.

I never DISLIKED it.

But I think I love it now.

"Can't get my head around it. I need to think about it..."

Siiiis I don't get the hate either. Candy Shop slays me so hard, I think it's my favorite Madonna song.

I'll be your one stop (One stop)
Candy shop (Candy shop)
Everything (Everything)
That I got (That I got)

iLPqk6VY9ObFS.gif

Nemesis_

Most of Hard Candy was just basic, but there are definitely some bops.

She's Not Me could be about two minutes shorter though

nnnnnnnnnn the back of that shirt gfwiuhnfduihnfcew

Artemisia

Banned
Siiiis I don't get the hate either. Candy Shop slays me so hard, I think it's my favorite Madonna song.

I'll be your one stop (One stop)
Candy shop (Candy shop)
Everything (Everything)
That I got (That I got)

iLPqk6VY9ObFS.gif

THAT GIF

afnjahs;djfnlkm;lasdfknjbhip as jdfk;ml,';.

Nemesis_

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You is SLAYING ME.

NoT Hard Candy having better Timbaland production than 20/20!! Kiiiiiiii!!!

The only songs I've kept are

4 Minutes
Give It 2 Me
Miles Away
She's Not Me
Devil Wouldn't Recognise You
Voices

Are there others that you recommend I should re-listeN to? I don't use Candy Shop and never will tho, tbh.

royalan

The only songs I've kept are

4 Minutes
Give It 2 Me
Miles Away
She's Not Me
Devil Wouldn't Recognise You
Voices

Are there others that you recommend I should re-listeN to? I don't use Candy Shop and never will tho, tbh.

I would add "Incredible" to that list, tbh.

Koodo

Banned
I remember re-listening to Hard Calcium shortly after MDOA swept the bottom of the charts and finding that album to be a much more cohesive effort than whatever its successor attempted to be.

That being said, Hard Calcium was a consistently flat, ordinary, generic experience. MDOA was all over the place, with iconic highs and vulgar lows. I rate them both about the same: TRAGIC efforts that are tarnishing a legacy of EXCELLENCE.

PowderedToast

worst thing about MDNA is the vocals, wat the hell. i KNOW she can sing better

otherwise it has some interesting production flourishes and experiments, worth revisiting occassionally down the line imo

The only good song on Hard Candy is Dance 2night.

Hard Candy is garbage of the highest order. Much like Lady Gaga, it didn't have legs either.

PowderedToast

ive never heard hard candy before

listening now, i will report after every song LOL here we go

candy shop - so sexy i am sweating profusely 30 scnds in

4 minutes - heard this b4, wants to be a world stopper but its a bit of a wet blanket

give it 2 me - lmao wot is this carnival barney the dinosaur beat. p cute but basic as hell. o wait the synth at the end is fire

heartbeat - this word has a solid gold reputation in the world of pop but this doesn't live up to it unfortunately, not bad tho. i like madge flexing her vocal range and the snyths are cool

----INTERMISISON-------

so far no feels yet and every song is at the same speed its sorta wierd

-----------

miles away - ZZZzzZzZZZZZzZ snores away. i skipped 3 mins in lifes too shrt to type prply or lstn to ths sng

she's not me - so many songs left pls jus move the tempo slider pls

incredible - omg, here we go. bubblegum pop this is me yes YES YES I LUV THIS, "life is beautiful" ^-^ - but takes way too long to end

beat goes on - where is my copy of MDNA

dance 2night - did anyone see that iron man 3 trailer

spanish lesson - la isla bonita is a distant memory, i am lapsing its harrd to t ype

devil wouldnt recognise you - did this fall off of future sex/lovesounds

there was a song after this but i was writing a post and forgot what it sounded like

final review: 1 and ¼ out of 5 bananas, time to cleanse and repent to like a prayer 10 times over!!!

SaintZ

I will give her another chance. This album better be a bit different, she has been coasting for an eternity it feels like.
Every album has been different lbr. She said she wanted the new album to be a mix of the last one and The Best Damn Thing but who knows since she has been recording for a long time and has a lot of leftovers from Goodbye Lullaby. Since she's working with an Evanencense guy again I hope it is more rock like Under My Skin but we'll see.

My condolences.

I may as well rank it

Dance 2night
Miles Away
Candy Shop
She's Not Me
Beat Does On
Heartbeat

everything else.

Every album has been different lbr. She said she wanted the new album to be a mix of the last one and The Best Damn Thing but who knows since she has been recording for a long time and has a lot of leftovers from Goodbye Lullaby. Since she's working with an Evanencense guy again I hope it is more rock like Under My Skin but we'll see.

Eh. I don't really think so. I have a few tracks from each of her albums and aside from the major singles I doubt I could sort them by era successfully without cheating.

SaintZ

Eh. I don't really think so. I have a few tracks from each of her albums and aside from the major singles I doubt I could sort them by era successfully without cheating.
The only ones I find similar are Let Go and Goodbye Lullaby but the latter is more... acoustic or stripped down as she likes to call it. Under My Skin sounds a lot more rock than anything else she's done (He Wasn't was probably the poppiest song of the album) and The Best Damn Thing was way more pop and "happy" to me. I guess each album do share one or two similar songs tho between them.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
would you advise getting into ray of light even if I havent really liked most of the stuff I've heard from Madonna? ... I deleted the majority of stuff from her greatest hits albums.

How depressing. It's unfortunate how almost everyone here ignores her output other than Ray and Confessions. The eight albums preceding those were gloooorious.

Do you not like any '80s pop? Most flawfree era imaginable.

PowderedToast

How depressing. It's unfortunate how almost everyone here ignores her output other than Ray and Confessions. The eight albums preceding those were gloooorious.

Do you not like any '80s pop? Most flawfree era imaginable.

truly

incredible iconic era. the music, videos, those sleeves - pop at its most provocative and urgent. popgaf would surely meltdown if subjected to such consistent and flawless mastery now !

some of my fav less talked about 80s tracks:

cherish
til death do us part
white heat
who's that girl

Hey PopGAF, need your help

I heard this song on the radio that I kinda really liked but I have no idea what it's called. It may or may no be Avril Lavigne, very anthemy. Couldn't really catch the lyrics but I remember something about hipsters. This was a Top 40 station so I'm guessing it has to be somewhat recent.

Thanks for the help!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hey PopGAF, need your help

I heard this song on the radio that I kinda really liked but I have no idea what it's called. It may or may no be Avril Lavigne, very anthemy. Couldn't really catch the lyrics but I remember something about hipsters. This was a Top 40 station so I'm guessing it has to be somewhat recent.

Thanks for the help!

22 by Taylor Swift

iUez67WXvPcOf.gif

Nemesis_

4 minutes - heard this b4, wants to be a world stopper but its a bit of a wet blanket

give it 2 me - lmao wot is this carnival barney the dinosaur beat. p cute but basic as hell. o wait the synth at the end is fire

heartbeat - this word has a solid gold reputation in the world of pop but this doesn't live up to it unfortunately, not bad tho. i like madge flexing her vocal range and the snyths are cool

----INTERMISISON-------

so far no feels yet and every song is at the same speed its sorta wierd

-----------

miles away - ZZZzzZzZZZZZzZ snores away. i skipped 3 mins in lifes too shrt to type prply or lstn to ths sng

she's not me - so many songs left pls jus move the tempo slider pls

incredible - omg, here we go. bubblegum pop this is me yes YES YES I LUV THIS, "life is beautiful" ^-^ - but takes way too long to end

beat goes on - where is my copy of MDNA

dance 2night - did anyone see that iron man 3 trailer

spanish lesson - la isla bonita is a distant memory, i am lapsing its harrd to t ype

devil wouldnt recognise you - did this fall off of future sex/lovesounds

there was a song after this but i was writing a post and forgot what it sounded like

final review: 1 and ¼ out of 5 bananas, time to cleanse and repent to like a prayer 10 times over!!!

ib1CeNWZInnL13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom