• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
More photos emerge.

180997_10151318625751qbusi.jpg

This was from the fashion parade. I didn't win because there were haters.

We watched a program in plug last night about a guy that would just love your outfit.

Nemesis_

*0* Yeah, I'd say we were. I miss Perth sometimes... SO glad that shithole venue has closed down though!

New Arena ftw. Will see how work goes.. picked up some new design clients so if the money starts rolling in... diamonds!

Yeah, I went to The Monster Ball in Perth and enjoyed it, not knowing any better. I went to BTW Ball about four times - twice in Melbourne at Rod Laver and twice at Burswood Dome. It was a fucking mess. You couldn't even hear what she was saying at Burswood Dome, and because of the way it's structured, you couldn't attach anything to the roof, so there were two huge metal rods blocking the view for everyone on the sides to compensate. It was ridiculous. That vile shithole is gone for good now which is good.

Rod Laver really surprised me. I thought it would be bigger than the Dome but I don't think it is. It's very "intimate" without being Janet Jackson intimate, if you know what I mean. I really enjoyed it, the acoustics were great and everything.

Yet to go to the Arena though. It looks nice, that's all I know. A friend of ours is actually running the place and reckons we can meet Gaga or whoever we want whenever they come but I wonder if she is just bullshitting tbh. I don't know if a venue manager would have that much power? If so though, let me percH for her next arrival *O*

Dunno who the fuck chose that font on her poster though. I seriously think it's Brush Script. I should find out and get in there. She needs a new designer. Money can't buy you class, etc..

nnnnn yeah the poster is a bit shit. I don't know why they did it so quick and nasty, I swear the one they did for the pre-Unapologetic reveal was much better looking.

Too young? :p

Well I was three years old when she came last :p I've watched her tours I think around in OT2. It was more of me wanting to be sure that I wasn't one of those ignorant gaga stans who thinks Gaga does everything first and the like. Call it education, if you will.

Her tours were good, but I don't feel right judging them just from a recording and not actually being there. Case in point - the Drowned World tour looks fucking boring and awful. Which is confusing as it's supporting two very strong albums, but I think if I were THERE I would actually have enjoyed it more. Heck put me in ANY show with some alcohol and you're bound to enjoy it.

I liked the jump from Blonde Ambition to Drowned World though. Not only can you notice in the imagery that Madonna became more spiritual then, but also that the idea of a show becoming this huge visual spectacle with machinery and lighting and the such was more obvious and prominent.

Yet to watch anything post the Reinvention tour though.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yeah, I went to The Monster Ball in Perth and enjoyed it, not knowing any better. I went to BTW Ball about four times - twice in Melbourne at Rod Laver and twice at Burswood Dome. It was a fucking mess. You couldn't even hear what she was saying at Burswood Dome, and because of the way it's structured, you couldn't attach anything to the roof, so there were two huge metal rods blocking the view for everyone on the sides to compensate. It was ridiculous. That vile shithole is gone for good now which is good.
I will buy tickets to see it razed to the ground.
Yet to go to the Arena though. It looks nice, that's all I know. A friend of ours is actually running the place and reckons we can meet Gaga or whoever we want whenever they come but I wonder if she is just bullshitting tbh. I don't know if a venue manager would have that much power? If so though, let me percH for her next arrival *O*
Always trust people with connections. That said, I'm always wary about meeting famous people I am fans of. I can always imagine it wont' go down quite as you imagine - then again, could be the opposite. She seems pretty cool regardless.
nnnnn yeah the poster is a bit shit. I don't know why they did it so quick and nasty, I swear the one they did for the pre-Unapologetic reveal was much better looking.
Yeah, awful. Then again, Gaga used Impact.

Maybe it's supposed to look cheap and nasty. If not, someone needs to be fired. And I need to be hired.
Well I was three years old when she came last :p I've watched her tours I think around in OT2. It was more of me wanting to be sure that I wasn't one of those ignorant gaga stans who thinks Gaga does everything first and the like. Call it education, if you will.

Her tours were good, but I don't feel right judging them just from a recording and not actually being there. Case in point - the Drowned World tour looks fucking boring and awful. Which is confusing as it's supporting two very strong albums, but I think if I were THERE I would actually have enjoyed it more. Heck put me in ANY show with some alcohol and you're bound to enjoy it.

I liked the jump from Blonde Ambition to Drowned World though. Not only can you notice in the imagery that Madonna became more spiritual then, but also that the idea of a show becoming this huge visual spectacle with machinery and lighting and the such was more obvious and prominent.

Yet to watch anything post the Reinvention tour though.
Yes. Just give me a few free drinks and I'll love your show. I enjoyed the Veronicas and Fall Out Boy for christ's sake.

Nemesis_

nnnnn not Fall Out Boy.

I want to try to go to Melbourne for almost every gig now, but at Melbourne there were heaps more vicious queens who kept saying these shitty things to my GF at the time, and she got them kicked out. Then there was this couple behind us from Adelaide :)biblio:) and the husband was homophobic and threatening to bash them before they got kicked out. That date was a bit messy. >_>

They were calling her a "vicious cunt" because we both mentioned to each other how we didn't like Fashion of his Love. And then they kept pretending to be dancing but were actually stepping on her toes. >_>

The feel at Perth was so much different, everyone seemed to be much more casual and cool. Except I remember some random orange girl rocking up late and pretending she had PAID FOR VIP TICKETS TO GET INTO THE PIT and chucking a tantrum when they wouldn't let her in.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
nnnnn not Fall Out Boy.

I want to try to go to Melbourne for almost every gig now, but at Melbourne there were heaps more vicious queens who kept saying these shitty things to my GF at the time, and she got them kicked out. Then there was this couple behind us from Adelaide :)biblio:) and the husband was homophobic and threatening to bash them before they got kicked out. That date was a bit messy. >_>

They were calling her a "vicious cunt" because we both mentioned to each other how we didn't like Fashion of his Love. And then they kept pretending to be dancing but were actually stepping on her toes. >_>

The feel at Perth was so much different, everyone seemed to be much more casual and cool. Except I remember some random orange girl rocking up late and pretending she had PAID FOR VIP TICKETS TO GET INTO THE PIT and chucking a tantrum when they wouldn't let her in.
She was probably from Melbourne.

God, that's insane! Come to Brisbane, they're all bogans here like in Perth. No attitude ;P

Yes. Just give me a few free drinks and I'll love your show. I enjoyed the Veronicas and Fall Out Boy for christ's sake.

Jesus, what the hell were you drinking... although some of the Veronicas songs are quite enjoyable. Whatever happened to them... oh the Australian music industry happened, RIP.

Nemesis_

Jesus, what the hell were you drinking... although some of the Veronicas songs are quite enjoyable. Whatever happened to them... oh the Australian music industry happened, RIP.

They tried to comeback and then something happened and their album got pushed back.

My angry lesbian friend always wants me to come see them with her whenever they come here but I just don't know if I can bring myself to tbh.

They also wrote songs for tATu *.*

They tried to comeback and then something happened and their album got pushed back.

My angry lesbian friend always wants me to come see them with her whenever they come here but I just don't know if I can bring myself to tbh.

They also wrote songs for tATu *.*

SuperStock_4062-1814.jpg

+

The+Veronicas+theveronicas.jpg

=

uiSnnS5.gif

People remember who The Veronicas were?
Oh sweetie...

EDIT: wait that means I know who they were ew bye
Continuing on this, what the fuck happened to Kat Deluna after Unstoppable? Pretty sure she ran off to a cool climate and changed her name.
EDIT 2: She says "follow the leader" in this song. Bye.

Nemesis_

Bless I seconds ago just worked out how to fix all my issues without using Photoshop. You can apply filters in VirtualDub. I am contenT.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I received a call Wednesday that left me with some major entertainment news and I wasn’t able to snitch and tell the world.

A nationally known rapper told me he and a long list of other entertainers would be in the studio in Houston recording a remix for Beyoncé’s controversial new song Bow Down.

That person said it would be Slim Thug, Willie D, Scarface, Bun B, Kirko Bangz, and Lil KeKe.

I was put in a tough situation because I was asked by a friend not to open my mouth.

Do you know how hard that is for a reporter?

Anyway, I remained silent and did not say anything until someone at the studio started tweeting the photos like it was a family reunion.

So, now you know some of Houston’s most well known rappers are in one studio in H-Town recording a remix to the new Beyoncé song.

x

-----

So, Bey is doing a remix of her recent song with a long list of rappers... When was the last time a female pop star rihmixed their song with a huge list of rappers...? The impacT is undeniable.

OGq50.gif

Trigger

x

-----

So, Bey is doing a remix of her recent song with a long list of rappers... When was the last time a female pop star rihmixed their song with a huge list of rappers...? The impacT is undeniable.

OGq50.gif

How rihductive.

If only Bey could copy some girls' release schedule.
OGq50.gif

Majmun

LOL

Bey doesn't need big star rappers to make her song relevant.

Remember when T.I and Lil Wayne did Soldier with DC back in 2004? Those were basically noname rappers back then. Look at them now.

All I'm saying is that Bey was collabing with rappers when Rih was still doing Mariah karaoke at the local bars.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That person said it would be Slim Thug, Willie D, Scarface, Bun B, Kirko Bangz, and Lil KeKe.

Never heard of any of the bolded, not even sure about the last one What use is the carter name if you cant get any well known rappers

DMeisterJ

Banned
Never heard of any of the bolded, not even sure about the last one What use is the carter name if you cant get any well known rappers

Cause they're all from Houston, and you know that Bey has ALWAYS represented her city in all of her music and not just this once on this song every since Ratchet POP has went mainstream after a certain other pop star's success there.

OGq50.gif

Majmun

I'd say Rihanna was definitely more inspired by Bey than the other way around.

She was manufactured to become a Beyoncé. Just like Rita Ora was manufactured to become a Rihanna.

The problem with these manufactured artist is the lack of identity. They're just there to sell records and have minimal growth as an artist. We are definitely seeing this with Rihanna, Katy Perry and 1D. All of their albums are safe and use the same formula.

I can't wait for Rihanna to break away from her record company and become the artist that she really is. An artist such as Beyoncé, Madonna, Justin Timberlake or Gaga.

JCX

I don't think there will ever be a king/queen of pop because the music landscape is so fragmented. Old tactics like radio payola aren't very effective in a world where I can pick exactly what music I want to listen to on YouTube, Spotify, etc.

Whaaaaa, JT's 20/20 is projected to sell around 800k?

Waffle, could you please erase my prediction

Lol. No one is even remotely close at this point.

Lastinline gave a troll prediction early which ended up being the highest at 696969.

Considering how bad we all are at this I may let predictions run up to the release of all the album just so we are in the right ballpark. We will see.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
She just confirmed on Twitter that its not for her lead single and its actually Snoop featuring Miley

Ready for this

Edit: damn your edit

royalan

...I am here for Miley Cirus. I can't believe it.

She has just NOT been giving a single fuck lately, and it's so attractive. lol

bort

...I am here for Miley Cirus. I can't believe it.

She has just NOT been giving a single fuck lately, and it's so attractive. lol

she never really gave a fuck that's why shit about her always leaked even if it hurt her career

She just confirmed on Twitter that its not for her lead single and its actually Snoop featuring Miley

Ready for this

Edit: damn your edit

haha I told you that during the interview she didn't really make sense

like was it her single or not. Even ryan didn't know so he said it was her single

Matt_

Short haired miley >>> any other pop girl right now

She just looks absolutely stunning

Fuckin bullshit. As if The Hag never had a flop album before. Hint: she had quite a few.

We had this discussion many times before. Bey and Gaga are the only current artist who can reach Hag's and Mariah's level. Bey has nothing left to prove anymore. She's been 15 years in the industry and is still relevant. The local comments are also crap. Her ww tour has sold out in record tempo. And it happened with no new material released. Her new era is about to begin and WIGS ARE ALREADY TREMBLING IN FEAR.
Gaga has a lot of potential because of her followers and talent. Her music is also great. She'll also reach legend status.

Acts such as Rihanna and Katy can be totally forgotten after a flop album. I don't see them being relevant anymore after they take a two or three year break from the industry.

This is the most true of any posts regarding who the "queen of pop" is so far. Well, that and my flawless list from OT4. #Legend

As far as I see it this is where the momentum is right now:

100% = Inarguably the Queen of Pop. Right now only Madonna's at 100%.

2000:

Britney Spears: 85%
Christina Aguilera: 65%
Beyonce: 35%

2001:

Britney Spears: 95%
Christina Aguilera: 75%
Beyonce: 40%

2002:

Britney Spears: 100%
Christina Aguilera: 95%
Beyonce: 50%

2003:

Christina Aguilera: 85%
Beyonce: 70%

2004:

Christina Aguilera: 80%
Beyonce: 70%

2005:

Britney Spears: 90%
Christina Aguilera: 75%
Beyonce: 75%

2006:

Beyonce: 85%
Christina Aguilera: 80%

2007:

Beyonce: 90%
Christina Aguilera: 65%
Rihanna: 35%

2008:

Beyonce: 95%
Britney Spears: 75%
Lady Gaga: 50%
Christina Aguilera: 45%
Rihanna: 45%
Taylor Swift: 35%
Katy Perry: 30%

2009:

Lady Gaga: 75%
Rihanna: 70%
Britney Spears: 70%
Taylor Swift: 45%
Katy Perry: 45%
Christina Aguilera: 20%

2010:

Lady Gaga: 85%
Rihanna: 85%
Katy Perry: 80%
Taylor Swift: 65%
Christina Aguilera: 15%

2011:

Lady Gaga: 90%
Rihanna: 90%
Britney Spears: 80%
Taylor Swift: 80%
Katy Perry: 75%
Christina Aguilera: 25%

2012:

Beyonce: 85%
Taylor Swift: 85%
Katy Perry: 80%
Lady Gaga: 85%
Britney Spears: 80%
Christina Aguilera: 25%

2013 (so far, based on personality recognition, calendar year hype, etc.):

Lady Gaga: 90%
Taylor Swift: 90%
Katy Perry: 70%
Christina Aguilera: 35%

What did Beyoncé do in 2012 to not decrease when Katy did from 2010 to 2011?

She was missed. You don't decrease just by not releasing material. You decrease if someone emerges in your place or lessens your spark. That didn't happen for Beyonce in 2012. However for a more recent artist like Katy Perry to not release material or keep up with her own momentum she'll fall back a bit unless she re-emerges with music.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
She was missed. You don't decrease just by not releasing material. You decrease if someone emerges in your place or lessens your spark. That didn't happen for Beyonce in 2012. However for a more recent artist like Katy Perry to not release material or keep up with her own momentum she'll fall back a bit unless she re-emerges with music.

Katy Perry had Part of Me and Wide Awake last year

how could she decrease
ab6d3f1c.gif

cory64

Katy had as much momentum in 2011 as 2010. And how was B missed in 2012 when the last dredges of 4 were still trying to be wrung out to the radio.

Katy Perry had Part of Me and Wide Awake last year

how could she decrease
ab6d3f1c.gif

Oh shit you're right

Let me adjusT

cory64 said:
Katy had as much momentum in 2011 as 2010. And how was B missed in 2012 when the last dredges of 4 were still trying to be wrung out to the radio.

If music isn't well-received that doesn't mean your status is unchanged. See Madonna in the early 1990s. Her status was still supreme even though her music didn't hit mainstream.

Matt_

Surely Gaga >> beyonce in 2010.

The year after Fame Monster came out and the Monster ball started, Gaga could do no wrong then, and Bey hadnt released anything since 2008

DMeisterJ

Banned
HitsDD said:
JUSTIN TIME: After poring over the latest retail reports, reading the tea leaves and consulting their astrological guides, HITS’ numbers crunchers have once again revised the estimated first-week total for Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience to…drum roll…850-900k. Whoa. Can you say blockbuster?

i c

That could be it, it was the first time since her ascendance that she put out a video that wasn't a spectacle.

Actually it was when she released the Born This Way single in February; it sold really well but the similarities to Express Yourself hurt her on a pop cultural level. She started slipping right after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom