• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
you should just do a combination of Last.fm's tracks and artist for your formula

we have no control over sales
ib05hg9pdG0iRj.gif

you should just do a combination of Last.fm's tracks and artist for your formula

we have no control over sales.

I want it to partially reflect sales. I will adjust it as time goes on and I see how things work out.

I may add Last.fm songs (or albums) as well, and reduce the impact of album sales a little.

The problem with JUST doing Last.fm is the potential for abuse, and that the data it makes available is limited.

I would be willing to bump up last.fm to first place as long as it is based on some combination of an artists MOST RECENT album & single combined.

To include all album/song plays would unfairly favor artists that have been active for a long time like Kelly/Bey/Brit who have big back catalogues that people still use.

I will have to give it some thought.

Has anyone watched The Big Reunion?

I had no idea it existed until my friend linked me to the review he did for the vile PopJustice.

So I watched all 9 episodes; it was lovely to see B*witched and Atomic Kitten! #TeamSinead

Nemesis_

EARLY 90s DECOR

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

IT WAS THE DAY FOR

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

WE WANTED TO PLAY

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

BUT WE HAD NOTHING LEFT TO PLAY FOR

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

COLOURLESS COLOUR

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

ONCE IN FASHION, SOON TO BE SCENE

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif
i39J4VrDirWV0.gif
i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

Partition

Banned
I'm glad Mr Havok has changed up his look now though, I didn't realise they had "new" material out. I didn't realise how :biblio: he looked when I was younger.

Their newest album is seaux terrible. I'm here for their side project tho, it's kinda like Depeche Mode electronic type stuff.

Nemesis_

Their newest album is seaux terrible. I'm here for their side project tho, it's kinda like Depeche Mode electronic type stuff.

Yeah I've always been here for Blaqk Audio, though I haven't heard Bright Black Heaven or whatever their second album was. Maybe I'll do that tonight *.*

CexCells was fantastic tbh.

They recently toured, opening for Evanescence on their latest tour. But I didn't want to go to an Evanescence tour (well, one supporting their newest album) and I didn't even know they were coming ;_;

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Im majoring in marketing. I wanna see what the brand (Pepsi) does.

So far, Bey seems to be getting more out of this than Pepsi. We'll see when the full campaign hits. Also there doesnt seem to be any kind of visual consistency in this campaing, the first promo images were completely different to the pop-art-styled images and now this video goes for an entirely different visual identity.

Poor Pepsi. So misguided.

Oh that's fair enough. I'm guessing from the behind the scenes video that they wont to focus on Bey at the start and essentially bankroll any promo behind her first song/tour whatever, and then she'll film a variety of tv spots that probably do a better job at focusing on Pepsi

Will be interesting to see where they take it thoug. Does pepsi have a history of partnering with big pop stars like this? I remember the advert with bey, pink, britney and enrique

Yes, join: http://www.last.fm/group/PopGAF

You don't even need to do anything too arduous - install the client, listen to music and it automatically adds the tracks to your listens.

I've got it on my laptop, car computer, Spotify Mobile.

So there's literally not one song that will go unturned for me ;_;

Look at those rankings, those with tasTe need to change it up.

I don't get how this works D:
Do I just leave it on in a tab and it just tracks what i'm listening to through youtube/itunes or do I have to download something or do I listen to it in last fm?
I'm so confused

ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png

Nemesis_

The biggest one that I can remember was Britney and Michael Jackson, when you're talking about Pepsi.

One of my professors in my marketing classes was one of the marketers who spearheaded the Pepsi Crystal campaign. I was SCREAMING when he was being so self-deprecating in his lectures. Poor him.

Anyway, with LastFM you just download the app, and it automatically picks up the music you listen to. There is a plugin for each program you use - the installer will prompt you when you first install it. Other programs, like Spotify, allow you to enter your lastFM details and it automatically picks up the music too.

Oh, and just so I can start using the term properly now - the process of lastFM picking up your music and adding it to your profile is called "scrobbling" so that's what that means when you hear me saying it.

For iOS devices I use CloudScrob which I just run once a week and it bulk uploads your scrobbles to LastFM. Though I hear there is an official app out now too.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The biggest one that I can remember was Britney and Michael Jackson, when you're talking about Pepsi.

One of my professors in my marketing classes was one of the marketers who spearheaded the Pepsi Crystal campaign. I was SCREAMING when he was being so self-deprecating in his lectures. Poor him.

Anyway, with LastFM you just download the app, and it automatically picks up the music you listen to. There is a plugin for each program you use - the installer will prompt you when you first install it. Other programs, like Spotify, allow you to enter your lastFM details and it automatically picks up the music too.

Oh, and just so I can start using the term properly now - the process of lastFM picking up your music and adding it to your profile is called "scrobbling" so that's what that means when you hear me saying it.

For iOS devices I use CloudScrob which I just run once a week and it bulk uploads your scrobbles to LastFM. Though I hear there is an official app out now too.

I got the scrobbler and the itunes plug in and downloaded the app for my phone, anyway to get a plugin of soundcloud/youtube?

royalan

Oh that's fair enough. I'm guessing from the behind the scenes video that they wont to focus on Bey at the start and essentially bankroll any promo behind her first song/tour whatever, and then she'll film a variety of tv spots that probably do a better job at focusing on Pepsi

Will be interesting to see where they take it thoug. Does pepsi have a history of partnering with big pop stars like this? I remember the advert with bey, pink, britney and enrique

For a while Pepsi was THE big pop star brand. Back in the early 2000s you hadn't made it big until you'd done a Pepsi ad.

They've scaled that back a bit in recent years, but they're still known to partner with major music acts on occasion. This major partnership with BeySATANcé is supposed to be heralding a return to those types of partnerships they used to arrange.

I agree with ITZ that this Bey partnership seems really scattered, but I remember reading somewhere that one of the goals with this "new type of partnership" was to have Pepsi's interests be a little less obvious and a little more subliminal, while simply funding an act's creative endeavors. We'll see how it works for them, but so far I'm not impressed.

Matt_

For SoundCloud you can use either this Greasemonkey-script or the Ex.fm add-on (also Chrome/FF).

There is a UserScript for YouTube as well.

They aren't *perfect* but they do the job.

All downloaded and installed, thanks

I am thoroughly ashamed at my charts right now. Lady gaga behind the likes of Rihanna, Icona Pop and CHRISTINA. Truly disgusted with myself

Also I applied to the group, but can't seem to find it anymore
Such struggles this morning D:

For a while Pepsi was THE big pop star brand. Back in the early 2000s you hadn't made it big until you'd done a Pepsi ad.

They've scaled that back a bit in recent years, but they're still known to partner with major music acts on occasion. This major partnership with BeySATANcé is supposed to be heralding a return to those types of partnerships they used to arrange.

I agree with ITZ that this Bey partnership seems really scattered, but I remember reading somewhere that one of the goals with this "new type of partnership" was to have Pepsi's interests be a little less obvious and a little more subliminal, while simply funding an act's creative endeavors. We'll see how it works for them, but so far I'm not impressed.

While I can see what they're trying to go for, I'm not sure it will give them the best results.
I mean, whats stopping celebrities hopping on a promo deal with them, get everything bankrolled and then going back to the way they were?
I know there will be certain promo contracts and everything, be seems heavily weighted in the artists favour.
Although now I think about it, if people are clamoring around trying to sign a deal with them it will at least show that Pepsi is desirable

3phemeral

I don't even know what to say about these last few pages...

I enjoyed the gifs, though. :)

I'm actually digging the potential direction of Beyonce's new track, so I'm interested to hear the full song. But I can't help but hear "Cuz I pooted."

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why can't he just make more BEP music, or get crackin' on The Duchess Part 2?
wQZoHRz.gif
Last BEP album was Maroon 5 Overexposed before that album dropped. Fergie Ferg would be the only thing I would check but. Onsidering Wil.i.am last work Im not sure I want him to work with Fergie.

was The Duchess actually a good album or is your ugly taste rearing it's heard again?
It was mostly decent. I'd give ha that but it suffers the syndrome of Dangerously in Love album by Bey where listening most of the stuff now sounds dated. Not a bad album really.

London Bridge shat back in the day so did Big Girls Dont Cry and Fergalicious. Now her terrible cover of Sweet Child o Mine was what showed how much fail she can give tho.

It was mostly decent. I'd give ha that but it suffers the syndrome of Dangerously in Love album by Bey where listening most of the stuff now sounds dated. Not a bad album really.

London Bridge shat back in the day so did Big Girls Dont Cry and Fergalicious. Now her terrible cover of Sweet Child o Mine was what showed how much fail she can give tho.

The Dutchess was great. Shame she has left it too late for a comeback and her face looks like it's melting.

Matt_

I was literally in a state of shock when I found out The Duchess had sold 8 million copies. Had no idea she was that popular

Fey

Banned
wow djws you mean to tell us the material Gaga has been working on for the last year and a half is coming out soon!!?? Whoda thought huh!!

Mau ®

Ya'll shouldnt be so hard on Fergie. She was a major crackwhore back in the day. Your face never recovers from that!

OMG Bey's Grown Woman should be the leadsingle. It's so good.
ibyR52jKto8AQ9.gif

Im guessing at one point it was gonna be the lead single and then something changeD.

Im starting to believe Bey's 5 will have a rather long campaign to lead up to its release. Its starting to remind me of Kanye's long ass campaings for his main albums, which is good *.*

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
OMG Bey's Grown Woman should be the leadsingle. It's so good.
ibyR52jKto8AQ9.gif

I love the song but I don't think it would smash properly on the charts. I need to listen the full song to tell for sure but the bit I heard while great I feel might not be successful enough.

PowderedToast

i know it's easy to say, but she needs another single ladies

iconic video, iconic image, iconic hook

anything else isn't going to cut it

Mau ®

Rihanna will be playing 2 stadium shows in South Africa.

When will the former Trinity member?

iheartrihanna4lofu.gif

Ya'll know the answer to that.

iheartrihanna4lofu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom