• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable Sega Saturn is where?

dont know, but this is cool

2020-09-1508.41.23_1445x.jpg

There's one by Anbernic, but I heard it doesn't run the games flawlessly...

If you have a good phone, check out Saturn.emu
It's relatively new, so it might not be perfect for now, but I heard it's really good.

It's not exactly a portable Sega Saturn, but it is at the same.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

I remember a review of a Sega Saturn portable, and the reviewer was shocked to find that it wasn't set up for Sega Saturn emulation out of the box, you had to do some work to get to it. I found it incredibly odd. Was it Madlittle Pixel. Can't remember?

There's one by Anbernic, but I heard it doesn't run the games flawlessly...

dde48a7a609347cbd042dbfee136f2a.jpg

Ah the RG ARC. I absolutely love the form factor and screen on this thing, but yeah, it really struggles with Saturn emulation. You can basically only play the 2D stuff, and even then you're depending on the quality of Yaba Sanshiro which is super spotty. It's a shame because this would be the portable Saturn system otherwise.

MathUser

good to know that it isnt that good before spending alot of money on it. Those ones are the ones i was looking for.

MrMephistoX

Saturn emulation ran pretty well on my Steam Deck but honestly the gameplay was really hard to get into and dated to me so I didn’t get far enough into Burning Rangers and Nights to tell if they performed well all the way through.

dde48a7a609347cbd042dbfee136f2a.jpg

Ah the RG ARC. I absolutely love the form factor and screen on this thing, but yeah, it really struggles with Saturn emulation. You can basically only play the 2D stuff, and even then you're depending on the quality of Yaba Sanshiro which is super spotty. It's a shame because this would be the portable Saturn system otherwise.
It looks excellent

If they are able to get their hands on a better core (Other then Yaba), and keep this design, it will be perfect.

Top Bottom