• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Positivity Thread

Slixshot

Banned
This thread is dedicated to those in need of some cheering up, who are already in a great mood and care to lend some positive vibes, and those who just want to share some of the awesome things going on in their lives! I often find that when I see other people's happiness, it makes me feel a little lighter.

Not much else to it so...

I will start:
Today (11/15/14), I sat down in pitch black room for the first time in a few months and meditated for a little under a half hour. I finally cleared my head, and it felt wonderful. I actually teared up a bit at how clearly I could think. Confidence shot back in my body and my soul and I proceeded with my day by having the most excellent of workouts.

Also, yesterday, I signed my contract for my first job out of college! :)

So what's the good happenin in your life GAF?
PS: Puppies can always cheer people up. At least, a little bit.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
1. My son will have his first birthday in five days. We're planning a big party.
2. Had my quarterly cancer check-up last week. Results are negative.

obin_gam

So about 5 weeks ago I got glandular fever and had to miss work for two straight weeks.

Two weeks ago I sprained my ankle to the point of me having to have crutches for twoo weeks. At the same time I dropped my new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact so the glass broke and I had to turn it in for repair.

Today, a few hours ago... my new leather winter gloves got stolen on the busride home from work. I had put them infront of me in the small net-like thingy, and then went to sleep (it's a 90 minute ride) and when I woke up, they were gone.

I seriously cannot cope with this now. I thought this autumn's trouble where over now when I can walk properly again. But no, something is cursing me.

Fuck everything.

Slixshot

Banned
So about 5 weeks ago I got glandular fever and had to miss work for two straight weeks.

Two weeks ago I sprained my ankle to the point of me having to have crutches for twoo weeks. At the same time I dropped my new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact so the glass broke and I had to turn it in for repair.

Today, a few hours ago... my new leather winter gloves got stolen on the busride home from work. I had put them infront of me in the small net-like thingy, and then went to sleep (it's a 90 minute ride) and when I woke up, they were gone.

I seriously cannot cope with this now. I thought this autumn's trouble where over now when I can walk properly again. But no, something is cursing me.

Fuck everything.

I know this is hard as fuck, but try to let go of ALL of that. Look yourself in the mirror and realize that it's all good, you're still here, which means that change can happen. You want to be in control of your life, right? Then take it. Do something tomorrow that will make you happy. Just fuckin do it. Be it video games, calling a girl, going outside, working out. ANYTHING. Doing so may help you see that it's your life and your life is in your control. Fuck everything that tries to get in your way. Nothin' gonna stop you.

maxcriden

ITT we learn that just the other day I realized I'd be confusing sn00zer and Slixshot for a long time. Now I realize sn00zer probably thought I was being a jerk. ;__; I'm sorry to you both! I really just had you two confused. :(

Iph

Banned
I have some cheer/positive vibes to spread! I got a ton of cleaning done today (my room, floors, cooking for the next few days, dishes, etc), did some more of the never ending moving paperwork that I have, took the pooch out to play ball, going on a walk with him tonight, got word that I may be given the green light on a great job that I interviewed for and am just feeling pretty okay in general.

This is a big deal because I have been through a lot recently and things are slowly but surely improving. And this was just a "down time", boring kind of day too. Also spoiled my dog a little bit by getting him a bone and new stuffed chew toy when I picked up more food for him. :3

Iph

Banned
Today my son called me Papa for the first time.

D'awww. That's awesome. How old?

I also gave my roomies mini usb hand warmer gifts I got as a free "extra" when I bought warm clothing staples, and I'm going to bake or make some kind of possibly alcoholic jello pudding desert thing tonight. I also tried to help new roomie with suggestions on where to start looking for work, without putting myself out.

Tomorrow is my last day of finals so a humongous burden is going to be taken off my back. I cant wait to spend my winter break playing games. I wish I wasn't doing so bad in classes but oh well. You live and learn I guess

sorry if this post was a bummer

Almost 13 months.

How old is he?
19. He was supposed to be gone around June, but our move complicated things for him. On the bright side, he saved an 80yo man 2 months ago who was having a heart attack as he was walking by.

If he was shipped out, old man might be dead today. Proud of the little booger..

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
19. He was supposed to be gone around June, but our move complicated things for him. On the bright side, he saved an 80yo man 2 months ago who was having a heart attack as he was walking by.

If he was shipped out, old man might be dead today. Proud of the little booger..
Nice, sounds like a good kid. :) I have to ask, when you talk about boot camp is that the military?

Slixshot

Banned
ITT we learn that just the other day I realized I'd be confusing sn00zer and Slixshot for a long time. Now I realize sn00zer probably thought I was being a jerk. ;__; I'm sorry to you both! I really just had you two confused. :(

thank god that got cleared up. i wa so confused

It's the Jake.

Just remember, Max: I have the coffee and Sn00zer has a big finger.

Tomorrow is my last day of finals so a humongous burden is going to be taken off my back. I cant wait to spend my winter break playing games. I wish I wasn't doing so bad in classes but oh well. You live and learn I guess

sorry if this post was a bummer

Hey man, no need for apologies. You just gotta realize that grades aren't EVERYTHING. The only thing you can ever ask of yourself is to do your honest best. If your honest best isn't bringing in the best grades, don't be discouraged. Be proud of the work and effort you're putting in.

y2dvd

Show us some pics of your awesome fashion style!

Agreed! I would like to see this sense of fashion!

Also, thanks for the compliment on my HLD thread ;)
Just notice this request! Here yall go! :)
sXbau7T.jpg

m96fiEP.jpg

war7VUs.jpg

nr4quS6.jpg

Copy and pasted from my post in the 2014 review thread.
"I really couldn't go anywhere but up from 2013, and I'd say it went up quite a bit. I got over a lot of depression moving to a new city and started to socialize more. I've accepted a lot of my flaws and insecurities and I'm a more confident person because of it. It's not perfect, but it's a major improvement. I can now do things on my own like going theaters or hitting up a restaurant which is pretty liberating. There haven't been any major drama at work or my personal life. 2014 is also ending with a bang. I landed a gf which I haven't had in awhile and I just got a promotion.

I'd give 2014 a 4/5. The missing point is due to still having some insecurities and not feeling like I have a best friend yet like I did in my previous city."

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Yessir. Air Force, to be exact.

How does this work in the USA? Will he do this for some years and then go back to a "regular" job? Or will this be his regular job? There is no conscription where I live and because of that they pay you good money to join them. One childhood friend does this for a living and he makes good money.

Very cool. Pilot?
He's interested in pararescue.
How does this work in the USA? Will he do this for some years and then go back to a "regular" job? Or will this be his regular job? There is no conscription where I live and because of that they pay you good money to join them. One childhood friend does this for a living and he makes good money.
Well, as for now, he wants to make it his career. He's been quite excited since he signed up. Who knows if he'll feel the same after 4 years..he insist he's in it for the long haul.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
He's interested in pararescue.

Well, as for now, he wants to make it his career. He's been quite excited since he signed up. Who knows if he'll feel the same after 4 years..he insist he's in it for the long haul.

I see, I hope he never has to go to war and just makes some good money. ;)

Slixshot

Banned
Just notice this request! Here yall go! :)
sXbau7T.jpg

m96fiEP.jpg

war7VUs.jpg

nr4quS6.jpg

Copy and pasted from my post in the 2014 review thread.
"I really couldn't go anywhere but up from 2013, and I'd say it went up quite a bit. I got over a lot of depression moving to a new city and started to socialize more. I've accepted a lot of my flaws and insecurities and I'm a more confident person because of it. It's not perfect, but it's a major improvement. I can now do things on my own like going theaters or hitting up a restaurant which is pretty liberating. There haven't been any major drama at work or my personal life. 2014 is also ending with a bang. I landed a gf which I haven't had in awhile and I just got a promotion.

I'd give 2014 a 4/5. The missing point is due to still having some insecurities and not feeling like I have a best friend yet like I did in my previous city."

:) You seem like a nice guy. Getting a "nice guy" vibe.

Brakke

Banned
Tonight I was talking on the phone and my dog jumped up and sat on my chest and then licked my face and surprised me so I guess we made out for like one point five seconds??

Not exactly "positivity" but it left me laughing uncontrollably for a bunch of minutes.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Since no one posting something I might as well use this to announce that my son not only frequently calls me papa now he also walks on his own since yesterday!

bonus pic for even more positivity

Top Bottom