• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible hint to new multiplayer gametype for Halo 2?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I was messing around on Bungie.net looking at my match by match results, and I cant help but notice that its not called Capture the flag, its called 1 flag CTF. I think this could be a major hint towards 2 flag CTF.. obviously some of the maps are not set up for this.. but alot of them are pretty symetrical..

please please please give us normal CTF and race :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Huh? Normal CTF is already in there. 1 Flag CTF is an option you can turn on and off.

I Flag CTF is when the two teams alternate between offense and defense. There is only one flag in each round.

There is also Multi Flag CTF and Classic CTF, but I think the only difference might be whether your flag has to be home to score.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I sure hope Bungie offers some cool downloadable content though. New maps and game modes would be great

ArcadeStickMonk said:
There is also Multi Flag CTF and Classic CTF, but I think the only difference might be whether your flag has to be home to score.

In addition to the home to score rule, and having more than 2 teams, I think you must also wait for the flag to reset in Multi-Flag CTF while Classic allows you to return on touch.

and if you make a custom ctf gametype, you can even modify the auto return time and other stuff...

man when i saw this thread, i was hoping for hints of a return of RACE mode

Oni Link 666 said:
Yeah, I want Hang 'Em High back in.
hang 'em high with no scoped pistol would be a breath of fresh air... though the higher jump sure would make getting the RL alot easier than having to crouch jump to the pillar then jump below the platform and grab it...
when i think about it, there are alot of jumps that you can probably make, and make easier now with the higher jump...

Redbeard

Banned
Now that they've got destructible parts of the environment, it would've been cool (though I don't know how feasible) to have an entire base that's destructible. The objective, of course, would be to turn your opponents base into rubble.

Top Bottom