• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-apocalyptic science-fiction action RPG and PlayStation China Hero Project title 'AI LIMIT' will launch for PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam in 2024

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Looks like Noisy Pixel recently did an interview with the devs of AI Limit. Here's the summary, but best to read the full interview which is on their website:
In our recent interview with AI Limit producer Yang Bin, we were able to learn about the inspirations behind this highly anticipated title, the unique design choices, and the challenges faced during development. AI Limit is an action RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world where players control Arrisa, a Blader with a transforming left hand and a variety of weapons to battle enemies. Yang Bin shared insights into how classic science fiction influenced AI Limit’s setting, the thought process behind character design, and what players can expect in terms of gameplay mechanics and future updates. Notably, the focus on delivering “excellent combat and smooth controls” stands out as a central theme, alongside the exciting confirmation of plenty of extra costumes for the protagonist, Arrisa.
NdkG06U.png

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Banned
It actually looks decent from the shots shown. It's an action game that actually incorporates natural spacing and doesn't relegate everything to a parry system or force you to interact with every move in a predetermined way, which is rare and a good sign these days.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Gematsu have done an interview with them as well. I've read through it and noticed this interesting paragraph about how PlayStation is supporting these devs through their China Hero Project which I thought is worth sharing:

How has being part of the China Hero Project program benefitted development?

Yang Bin:
“Sony Interactive Entertainment offers project management advice and opportunities for market exposure and brand promotion, which are very important to us. Sony Interactive Entertainment also provides middleware, QA, and sound support, plus consulting from PlayStation Studios, all for free. I deeply appreciate it.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom