• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post interesting apartment buildings

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Please.

Ponte City is a skyscraper in the Berea neighbourhood, just next to Hillbrow, Johannesburg, South Africa. It was built in 1975 to a height of 173 m (567.6 ft), making it the tallest residential skyscraper in Africa. The 55-story building is cylindrical, with an open centre allowing additional light into the apartments. The centre space is known as "the core" and rises above an uneven rock floor. When built, Ponte City was seen as an extremely desirable address due to its views over all of Johannesburg and its surroundings. The neon sign on top of the building is the largest sign in the southern hemisphere. It currently advertises the South African mobile phone company Vodacom.

9Dw7Osw.jpg

The Nakagin Capsule Tower is a mixed-use residential and office tower designed by architect Kisho Kurokawa and located in Shimbashi, Tokyo, Japan. Completed in 1972, the building is a rare remaining example of Japanese Metabolism, an architectural movement emblematic of Japan's postwar cultural resurgence.[1] It was the world's first example of capsule architecture built for permanent and practical use. The building still exists but has fallen into disrepair. As of October 2012, around thirty of the 140 capsules remained in use as apartments, while others were used for storage or office space, or simply abandoned and allowed to deteriorate.

How about nice and interesting?

Pinnacle@Duxton in Singapore:

HZc043p.jpg

Vmvydkk.jpg

btw you can pay 5 bucks to get onto the 50th floor skybridge even if you don't live there :)

torres-blancas-1980.jpg

Torres Blancas,in Avenida de América, in Madrid. Built in the 60s to be a luxurious and innovative building, tree-inspired or something, now it's anything but white and sticks out like a sore thumb as something brought either from Star Wars, Blade Runner or Oddworld.
Expectation:
228024_389183334488605_466188573_n.jpg

Edit: inside it's amazing apparently,wouldn't mind living there. GF objects tho.
Reality:
974_torres_blancas_2.jpg:first

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
torres-blancas-1980.jpg

Torres Blancas,in Avenida de América, in Madrid. Built in the 60s to be a luxurious and innovative building, tree-inspired or something, now it's anything but white and sticks out like a sore thumb as something brought either from Star Wars, Blade Runner or Oddworld.
Expectation:
228024_389183334488605_466188573_n.jpg

Edit: inside it's amazing apparently,wouldn't mind living there. GF objects tho.
Reality:
974_torres_blancas_2.jpg:first

This looks cool.

And damn, fancy. What is that square part at the very top in the first photo? Restaurant or some separate penthouse?

From what I remember it's just the extra space that the elevators etc. need. There's no restaurant within the complex AFAIK but I think stuff like child daycare.

Habitat 67 in Canada looks pretty cool. I'm a big fan of brutalism.
1200px-Habitat_panorama.jpg

wP401JX.jpg

oh I like that style. It looks like Godzilla's lego blocks haha.

Totally forgot about the Interlace condo in Singapore as well:

QvRXjK0.jpg

r61gmiE.jpg

Nabbis

Those ugly buildings would look nice if someone actually bothered to repaint and repair them. Hardly anything looks good after 50 years if you don't take care of it.

MCN

Banned
Those ugly buildings would look nice if someone actually bothered to repaint and repair them. Hardly anything looks good after 50 years if you don't take care of it.

Just...be careful with the cladding, though.

This looks cool.
It's ugly af today, the concrete exterior is stained to hell and back, the window finishes are falling apart, the urban architecture around it treats the building like an annoying oddity... (the first picture is old)
The whole thing is like a remnant of old, unrealized ideas. And yes, it looks fucking cool.

I fucking hate this building. Its not interesting in any way and sticks out like a sore thumb. Awful.

Yup. Worse thing is that you can see this monstrosity from almost anywhere in the city. I can see this shit from as deep as mid-Queens. I guess if thats what the builders were going for then job well done.

Gero

Other than Dubai, I feel like Singapore has nice buildings. The ones pictured above are just really nice, love the architecture.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bosco Verticale, Milan.

Apologies for the cg I actually took a photo a few months ago from our equally rad new office building but apparently deleted it. It does in fact look like this though.

lxp92tv.jpg

Office building from this post...

S7kXfPI.jpg

Rick Deckard's apartment is actually a house (Ennis) but quite real and actually in Los Angeles.

pCQxZgz.jpg

ddK6NDz.jpg

Top Bottom