• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your favorite browser extensions/plugins/addons

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

i don't want this to turn into a battle of which browser is best. Please just post your faves.

These are all Firefox exensions, and should work with versions 0.8 (which i have) and higher.

The following can be downloaded from http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/. There may be one or two that aren't on the page. Just let me know and i'll try to hunt them down.

Dictionary Search - Adds the ability to search for highlighted words in the context menu right under "Web search for..."

IE View - For the odd site that won't display correctly in Firefox, it adds the option to "View this page in IE" in the context menu.

AdBlock - Blocking for powerusers. Adds the ability to block Flash files and much, much more.

Bandwidth Tester - Does what it says from within the browser.

Bugmenot - On pages that require registration to view articles (like nytimes.com), adds the BugMeNot option to the context menu, which pops up a username and password to login. i think there's an Opera plugin, and the main site has logins for these sites as well for people who don't want to or can't install extensions.

Session Saver - Similar to the built-in function in Opera, this saves open tabs (and windows i think) and reopens them upon opening the browser or browser crash. Doesn't save posts though, at least not yet. :)

Link Toolbar - Adds site navigation to the browser with features like go up on level, go to root, and last site.

calder

Tabbrowser Extensions = crucial.

Instead of DictionarySearch I use Dict.. Same idea, but instead of searching web dictionaries it uses a seperate protocol.
The Dict project is a Mozilla plugin that allows you to easily define words on a Web page. Simply select a word, right-click, and you'll see a menu option to define the selected word. The definitions are returned in a new window.

The Dict project is an implementation of a DICT protocol client. The DICT protocol is defined in RFC 2229. By default, the Dict plugin queries the DICT server on dict.org for definitions, but it can be configured to use any DICT server.
I like the spartan little plain text window it opens up but sadly it doesn't function at work for me.

aoi tsuki:
Bandwidth tester? I hadn't heard of that one, and I can't find it on texturizer or update.mozilla.org... you have a link to the homepage?

Triumph

Banned
AdBlock. This is the thing that keeps me from seeing heinous things, like Joshua Sloan and Adelgary's avatars. Indispensable, really.

nitewulf

that sounds very useful, is there a similar plug-in for netscape? usually i just manually go to dictionary.com, and it can get pretty tedious after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom