• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PR] Final Round of Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja Tournament to Be Held in Tokyo, Japan

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TORRANCE, Calif., August, 16th---After months of mystery surrounding the final round of the Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja Tournament, Tecmo and Xbox Live proudly announced today their plans to hold the Master Ninja Tournament World Wide Finals at the Tokyo Game Show 2004(TGS) in late September. The top winners from the first and second tournament will win a trip to Tokyo, Japan to attend the international video game show where they¹ll compete against Master Ninjas from Europe and Japan in the bloodiest Ninja Gaiden battle to date. More details regarding the event itself will be announced in the coming weeks.

Those Ninja Gaiden fans who have dreamed of a trip to the video game Mecca of the world, Tokyo, Japan and think they have what it takes to win the second tournament, still have a chance to fulfill that dream and win the trip. The first step for any Master Ninja hopeful is to register for the second tournament now at www.masterninjatournament.com. From there registrants must download the new Hurricane Pack: Volume I, through Xbox Live. The new downloadable content gives Master Ninja Tournament participants smarter and stronger enemies, increased flexibility of camera angles and a deadly new weapon to use: the Boujutsu.

The end date for the second tournament is August 30th, leaving participants with two weeks left to complete the Hurricane Pack and upload their scores to the worldwide leaderboard on or before the cutoff date. The player with the verified highest score by the end of the second tournament will automatically win the coveted second spot in the World Wide Finals at TGS. For the official tournament rules, additional prizing, and more information go to www.masterninjatournament.com

About Ninja Gaiden One of Tecmo_s most treasured franchises is given new life in a whole new action-packed Ninja Gaiden. The player takes on the role of the powerful and mysterious ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, who seeks revenge after his clan is massacred by the Vigoor Empire.

Boasting 100% action, Ninja Gaiden allows the player to unleash their inner ninja with smooth game play, speedy battle sequences, and a variety of advanced acrobatic ninja moves from running and flipping off of walls to hanging and swinging on rails. The player also has a variety of primary and secondary weapons at their disposal that when used in a combination, create advanced weapon attacks such as damaging wall-based assaults and all-powerful ultimate attacks. Xbox Live compatibility, a host of challenging levels and visually exquisite environments, are just a few more reasons why Ninja Gaiden raises the bar in the action gaming genre.

Ninja Gaiden is available now at all retail outlets where video games are sold, with a suggested retail price of $49.99 and an ESRB rating of Mature. Gamers can order Ninja Gaiden at Tecmo_s website (http://www.tecmoinc.com). For additional information on the game, visit the official Ninja Gaiden website (www.ninjagaidengame.com).

About Tecmo, Inc.

Tecmo, Inc., located in Torrance, California, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tecmo, LTD in Tokyo, Japan and is a leader in the interactive and wireless entertainment industries. Tecmo_s wireless division, Tecmo Mobile, recently kicked-off its new portable prowess with the launch of its classic football game, Tecmo Bowl, available to download on select mobile phones for some hard-hitting action on the go! Tecmo develops and publishes video games and content on wireless platforms and next-generation consoles. Tecmo has gained worldwide recognition with product lines such as the brand new Tecmo Bowl for mobile carriers, and award-winning franchises including Ninja Gaiden , Dead or Alive, Fatal Frame, Monster Rancher, and Gallop Racer.

About Xbox

Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.

About Xbox Live

Xbox Live, which launched in the United States Nov. 15, 2002, allows gamers to play multiplayer Xbox games with other gamers everywhere via a broadband connection. With a built-in hard drive and Ethernet port, the Xbox console is the only video game system built from the ground up for online gaming, negating the need to buy additional, costly peripherals or upgrades. Xbox Live enables gamers to easily find their friends; talk to other players during game play through the Xbox Communicator headset; download current statistics, new levels and characters to their Xbox hard drive; and play onlineÐall exclusive features to Xbox Live.

Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you know, if i gave it enough time, i bet i could win the master ninja tournament. there are very few individual encounters in which i can't beat the time limit...the problem is stringing them all together. of course you don't have to do it all in one run - you can just repeat segments of the game over and over and over until you get it right. eventually, i'd end up with near-perfect runs on every level. so, as i said, it's more a matter of time than talent.

as it happens, i don't have the time. but a trip to tokyo would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom