• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PR - Xbox Live for Pro Evolution Soccer 4

cja

Xbox Live for Pro Evolution Soccer 4

Konami of Europe confirms full online compatibility for Xbox version of its legendary football title

Konami of Europe has confirmed what every Xbox owner has been waiting to hear: its much vaunted Pro Evolution Soccer 4 will be compatible with the Xbox® Live™ service, allowing users to play against rival fans in real-time online matches.

Due for release for Xbox® in November, Pro Evolution Soccer 4 will mark the Xbox debut of what is rightly regarded as the definitive football simulation for any video game system. Developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, the series is renowned for featuring all the moves, flicks and intricacies of football, whilst giving the player full control over a host of instantly recognisable world stars. The previous PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PC versions have been hailed as classics for each format, and the Xbox version is certain to follow suit.

The release of the Xbox game will be the first time the series has been playable online. Via the easy-to-use Xbox Live service, players will be able to play against Pro Evolution Soccer 4 fans all over the globe in real-time matches while the service will also be able to facilitate a rating system, allowing players to form mini-leagues. It marks a huge advance for the series, and follows Konami of Europe's successful implementation of the Xbox Live service to facilitate full online play in Dancing Stage Unleashed.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 sets new standards for realism and intuitive gameplay, adding a wealth of new ideas to the established series. Players now have more individuality to their movements and appearance, with famous players instantly recognisable through their speed, the way they run and even the way they receive and pass the ball. Likewise, a host of new free kick and set piece systems have been implemented, while the passing and shooting systems have been enhanced to allow for more one-touch play, chipped through-balls and first-time strikes.

The Xbox game also features club teams from Holland, Italy and Spain leagues under official license from them, with the world's best players beautifully realised via the game's stunning graphics. Pro Evolution Soccer 4 also benefits from an on-screen referee for the first time, with the official running up and down to track play, and breaking up heated disputes as tempers flare. With a Master League system allowing users to create their own dream team of star players, and an extensive training mode on hand to refine free kicks, close control and first-time passing, it is easy to see why Pro Evolution Soccer 4 enjoys its reputation as the definitive football game.

"The inclusion of Xbox Live in Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is another example of Konami of Europe listening to its consumers," commented Kunio Neo, President, Konami of Europe. "The ability to play this incredible online will introduce Pro Evolution Soccer 4's many subtleties and intricacies to a whole-new audience, and further expand its reputation as the ultimate football experience."

"We're very excited that Pro Evolution Soccer 4 will include Xbox Live functionality," said Michel Cassius, senior director, Xbox platform and marketing. "Xbox Live will bring a whole new level of football excitement to Pro Evolution Soccer 4 fans and we welcome its debut on Xbox as it joins the ever-growing lineup of Xbox Live titles coming to Xbox this Christmas."

http://uk.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=34

At last. :D

segasonic

awesome just awesome

Outrun 2, Halo 2, PES4

My life is complete. I may die now. :D

2004 - Year of the.... you know the rest

Drexon

Banned
It's $65 in europe for a year. You don't think "Oh, what'll that cost me per day? 18 cents?", you think "Damn.... that's expensive, even for a year.".

Pug

True Live cost around £29.99 a year now in the UK, and its good value. Thing is come the next generation or maybe late this gen Developers/publishers will be charging to play many of the PS2 online games especially those from EA. Mind you thats not to say they won't be charging on top of Xbox live, buts that for MS to sort out.

Miburou

Is it so much harder to make the game online-playable on PS2 compared to Xbox? Any word on whether WE8 will be Live-compatible when released in NA?

Sweet. I didn't get my hopes up at all for the past few days. We've been gutted before regarding online play and I just didn't want it to happen again.

Cannot bloody wait for this. Oh the hours I'll put into this will be scary. Must invest in a PS2 controller adapter thingy though. :D

thorns

Banned
I wonder how they're going to do r1 r2 thing on the ps2 with the xbox controller.. Would be cool if the running would be fully analog using the triggers :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
MINI-LEAGUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome

you all = 0wned**

**by me, at Pro Evo.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hell yeah...

Now this is worth getting XBL for, Nothing other than Rallisport 2 has tempted me to get it yet, and 1 title wasn't really enough to justify the purchase, but Rallisport 2 and PES4 and we're on baby, we're on!

Fowler

Oh shit oh shit oh shit.

Now, how the hell do I get a UK Xbox + UK PES4 out here without blowing an arm and a leg on shipping? :)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and to everyone saying "you'll be owned..." - I hope you've been playing since ISS Pro days or you're in for a whole world of hurt :p

*adds name to list of arrogant blowhards*

"The Xbox version, however, was something that needed closer inspection. Graphically, we felt it was arguably a little inferior to the PS2 version. The smoothed over sprites almost felt a bit unreal without the PS2's jaggedness to obscure over their inconsistencies, and in general the look was smoother rather than sharper. There was no evidence of slowdown though, and we have a feeling it'll look better blown up on our telly at home in any event. It is a shame that Konami didn't take the opportunity to really up the detail level, but then having not done so with the PC version of PES3 last year we can't say we were totally surprised."

eurogamer.net

Prine

Banned
king zell said:
Xbox is mine!

but I want to play the US Ninja Gaiden :(

is there a way to play US games on PAL Xbox?

or how about playing PAL PES4 on US Xbox ;)

I think theres a good chance of PES4 being region free, i'll test it out when the PAL version is released in November.

AS of now, region free XBL games i own/tested:

Rainbow Six III
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorow
Rallisport Challenge II
Crimson Skies
Spiderman 2
PSO Ep 1&2

Solid

We're not just get screwed on the online, but the graphics too!!!

I'm not buying this game. Konami can go to hell.

PES4 will be replaced with GT4 this fall.

thorns

Banned
Prine said:

I think theres a good chance of PES4 being region free, i'll test it out when the PAL version is released in November.

Rainbow Six III
Rallisport Challenge II
Crimson Skies
Spiderman 2
PSO Ep 1&2

Do you need a NTSC capable TV to play NTSC games? Or is it totally independent? I would like to buy RSC II from US since it's MUCH cheaper than here in sweden..

Deepthroat said:

according to eurogamer the xbox version has worse graphics than the ps2 one.....

Prine

Banned
thorns said:
Do you need a NTSC capable TV to play NTSC games? Or is it totally independent? I would like to buy RSC II from US since it's MUCH cheaper than here in sweden..

im afraid so. You'll need your TV to run at 60 Hz or higher

king zell

Prine said:

Rainbow Six III
Rallisport Challenge II
Crimson Skies
Spiderman 2
PSO Ep 1&2

ok.. I will wait for you to test the game :)

thorns

Banned
ok then no luck for me with my really old tv.. I thought maybe the game code was same on both disks, it was just the Xbox made the game run at different resolution/framerate...

cja

Only downer is the November release. We PES freaks have to pick up the PS2 version due early/mid-October. :)

Bluemercury said:
according to eurogamer the xbox version has worse graphics than the ps2 one.....
Eurogamer do seem to sway that way but they have various caveats, "arguably", and commenting how the Xbox version may look better on big screens. More importantly for me is their comment about the Xbox version having no slowdown. Unlike the PS2 where slowdown is described as reduced but not eradicated.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
thorn, just buy a cheap shitty old TV. Even the crappiest ones these days will support NTSC.

Or, get a component-VGA converter and use a VGA monitor

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
man the game could look like pong for all i care, PES ON LIVE! mini-leagues! awesome!

Deepthroat, buy a frikkin' xbox ffs.

Shompola

Banned
Deepthroat said:

Wait is Konami your soul mate or something? You act like Konami cheated on you.
There are various xbox games that come with free live subscriptions that can easily be cancelled with just a phone call, don't you own atleast one of them?
Also is GT4 really coming out this year? Chances are you'll have no game to buy/play this fall lol.

Solid

Ghost said:
Deepthroat, buy a frikkin' xbox ffs.
I have one. But how nice is it to have PES1, 2, 3 on PS2 and 4 on Xbox?

Also is GT4 really coming out this year? Chances are you'll have no game to buy/play this fall lol.
It's still on track for November I believe. If not just replace it with Star Ocean or Silent Hill 4.

lachesis

great news - too bad we will have to wait longer for NA release. :(

Anyhow, I'm wondering how are they going to implement the personal edits for this - as many people would want to use the updated roster and correct names...

lachesis

Solid

Ghost said:
Huh? you lost me, nice for who?
Me, and everyone else who sees my collection ofcourse.

The serie belongs on PS2 so they should concentrate on that one. But that's just my opinion. Konami was the last company I thought would do such a thing. They are soon on par with Capcom.

Socreges

Banned
PLEASE bring this to NA. One vague article from IGN isn't convincing enough. Nor of any sign of Live support here.

Mike Works said:
So XBL only costs 48 cents a year now?? That's way better than $50!!
It's like shooting DopeyFish in a barrel sometimes.

bloke

cja said:
...players will be able to play against Pro Evolution Soccer 4 fans all over the globe in real-time matches...
All over the globe? I wonder whether Konami will release WE8 Live in Japan, prolly not but it'd be cool to play with japanese WE maniacs.

Top Bottom