• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prankster uses plastic wrap as road trap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/07/18/plastic.trap.ap/index.html

Sunday, July 18, 2004 Posted: 9:01 AM EDT (1301 GMT)

TOWN OF WAUKESHA, Wisconsin (AP) -- A prankster tightly wound plastic wrap around traffic poles across a two-lane road, causing a motorcycle accident that injured two people.

Daniel Buckel, and his girlfriend, Theresa Brzykcy, were riding south of Waukesha on Tuesday when their motorcycle crashed into the plastic wrap set up 3 to 4 feet above the road -- wound thickly from traffic poles on opposite sides.

Buckel, 22, was within 10 feet when he saw the makeshift barricade, and hit the brakes.

"It's appalling, and it's really frightening," Brzykcy, 19, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "What was their intention? This should make people more aware that pranks like that are not as harmless as they seem."

Buckel was cut above his eye and broke his finger. Brzykcy also suffered scrapes and bruises.

Buckel is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

Last year, several parked cars were found bound in plastic wrap to prevent drivers from getting inside, Detective Steve Pederson said.

Thaedolus

Last year, several parked cars were found bound in plastic wrap to prevent drivers from getting inside, Detective Steve Pederson said

Because the incident in the article, and a common college prank are one-in-the-same!

Iceman

I blame the evil and greedy plastic wrap industry.. they don't care how dangerous their products may be.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
StoOgE said:
wow.. how dead does that road have to get to let someone do that?

I never thought about that
Geeze, it must take at least 5 mins to set up something like that (assuming 2 were involved).
During that 5 mins there cannot be any traffic either way in sight

Not to mention, what is the chance the traffic that comes first is a motorcycle!

Wierd chances

XS+

Banned
Iceman said:
I blame the evil and greedy plastic wrap industry.. they don't care how dangerous their products may be.
I blame Tom and Jerry and Roadrunner cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom