• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Pence 'grateful' for Japanese companies creating jobs in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

The Mount Fuji Dialogue, an influential Japan-U.S. forum, presented Pence with its inaugural Global Leadership Award to honor his efforts as governor of Indiana to attract Japanese businesses.

"I'm grateful to all the Japanese businesses that are investing all over the United States at this very moment," Pence said in his acceptance speech.

He explained that the U.S. government was working to ease regulations and cut corporate taxes. "Under President Donald Trump, I can promise you, the United States will drive growth like never before," he said.

He noted how Japanese businesses were creating jobs in the U.S. through trade and direct investment, citing SoftBank Group and Toyota Motor. The latter has announced plans to make additional investments at its plant in Kentucky.

"Ever since President Donald Trump's election, Japanese businesses have dramatically increased their commitment to the American economy," he said.

"The truth is simply that a stronger American economy means a stronger economy for Japan and for all our trading partners," Pence added.

The vice president did not directly touch on the U.S. trade deficit with Japan, but stressed that his country "seeks a stronger and more balanced bilateral trade relationship with Japan."

Pence visited Japan twice while he was governor,
and strengthened ties between Japan and the American Midwest, Yuzaburo Mogi, committee chair for the dialogue and honorary chairman of soy sauce maker Kikkoman, said while introducing Pence. Mogi expressed hope that the Japan-U.S. alliance grows even stronger under the vice president's leadership.

Source: http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Eco...ul-for-Japanese-companies-creating-jobs-in-US

facelike

I didn't register that "President Pence" was even incorrect for several seconds.

I have a good feeling that it will be President Pence soon enough. Seeing all the pictures with him in Military jacket looking all 'serious' is likey the GOP's way of validating his image.

Beartruck

Honestly, I can't fault Pence for this. He's being an actual professional here. Not his fault the one actually in charge is a 70 year old 3rd grader.

Got confused for a second. I actually wouldn't mind President Pence. It would be a lot better than our current "leader" in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom