• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preview for 'The Red Turtle' (animation, no dialogue, co-produced by Ghibli)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

Searched, found nothing

tumblr_nuqkc4m4bP1rb1rgoo1_540.gif

tumblr_nuqkc4m4bP1rb1rgoo2_540.gif

More at the source (mostly french)

http://www.catsuka.com/news/2015-09-15/the-red-turtle-premiers-petits-extraits-via-arte

More info via wiki

The Red Turtle is an upcoming French-Japanese animated film directed by Michaël Dudok de Wit. It tells the story of a man who tries to escape from a desert island and battles a giant turtle. The film is without dialogue. It is the director's first feature film.

The film was produced by Why Not Productions and Wild Bunch in association with Studio Ghibli. According to Vincent Maraval, head of Wild Bunch, he visited Studio Ghibli in Japan in 2008 and met with Hayao Miyazaki. Miyazaki showed him the short film Father and Daughter and asked him to find its director, Michaël Dudok de Wit, with the prospect of co-producing a feature film. Wild Bunch approached Dudok de Wit in London and convinced him to take on the project. The screenplay was written by Dudok de Wit and Pascale Ferran.

Some additional pictures

red-turtle-images.jpg

Lock if old

Xe4

Banned
I know I'm five days late, but I'm bumping this because I'm super excited for this movie, and I feel like it needs more views. A three minute clip received a standing ovation at Annecy. It's entirely hand drawn, exept for the turtle, which is CGI.

vityaz

I know I'm five days late, but I'm bumping this because I'm super excited for this movie, and I feel like it needs more views. A three minute clip received a standing ovation at Annecy. It's entirely hand drawn, exept for the turtle, which is CGI.

Is the clip available to view anywhere yet?

Pau

Yes, more beautiful 2D animation please. Thanks for the heads up, OP. Hopefully a release in other countries isn't too far off.

Akahige

I figured the guy was CGI, those animations in the gifs are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom