• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Primal = $4.99 @ ebgames.com

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
With tax and EB saver shipping for me... $7.33

What were the highs and lows of this game?

AeroGod

Highs: Good voice acting, cool story, some awesome levels

Lows: Everything else

IMO, its a pretty solid 7/10 and well worth that price.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It had a good soundtrack, but I think people said the music in the game doesn't really represent the original soundtrack

Solid

The game will never end. I played it for 20 hours+ and just made it to the third world (of 4). How long is it? Not that it matters anymore since I dont own it but it would be nice to know.

AeroGod

Deepthroat said:
The game will never end. I played it for 20 hours+ and just made it to the third world (of 4). How long is it? Not that it matters anymore since I dont own it but it would be nice to know.

Erm, it took me about 25 hours I think. I dont really remember but something like that. It does trudge along though, yet I still enjoyed most of it. Most of its problems stem from the boring combat and puzzles. Like Soul Reaver yet not as good :/

Wario64 said:
It had a good soundtrack, but I think people said the music in the game doesn't really represent the original soundtrack

There were 2 soundtracks released. There's one that's the battle soundtrack which is just heavy metal music, the other is the official soundtrack that's done by the Prague Philharmonic.

i've wanted to buy this game, but then i think back to how incredibly dull and boring the combat was and i cringe. The graphics are fantastic though, and it seems to have some HUGE worlds.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
DarienA said:
With tax and EB saver shipping for me... $7.33

What were the highs and lows of this game?

High's = everything... music, story (really good), voice acting (really good), gameplay (exploration, puzzles, etc...), graphics (oh yeah!!!!).

Low's = combat (not a big low and everything changes when you get the Vampire form).

Panajev2001a said:
High's = everything... music, story (really good), voice acting (really good), gameplay (exploration, puzzles, etc...), graphics (oh yeah!!!!).

Low's = combat (not a big low and everything changes when you get the Vampire form).

Yep that form is awesome the laser whip. The first 2 are pretty mediocre but you can avoid most combat during that time so it's not so bad. The last form is pretty nice too, it had to be since that's the most combat heavy mission there is. The vampire section is definetly the high point of the game in terms of everything, combat, music, characters, story ect.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wario64 said:

No, the music was used very well...but almost entirely in cutscenes. Keep in mind that there is a very good story here and a rather large number of lengthy cutscenes to go with it, so the music is not wasted. It really makes a strong impression during those scenes.

Now, the in game audio is largely ambient, but they do use some of the orchestral tracks around various places (while you explore). The battle music, thouogh, is just a bunch of generic rock music. Thankfully, you can turn it off...which is exactly what I did. Sadly, the boring combat feels even more so when there is no music to drive you.

I really enjoyed the experience, but it makes a fairly weak game. The exploration was interesting, the puzzles were decent, the world was incredible, the story and characters were top notch, and it managed to keep me playing until the end...but the combat is pretty darn awful.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Alright I ordered it... I'd say I'll post impression but hell I ordered Dropship a bit back and haven't even popped that in my PS2 yet... it's all about Shadow Hearts Covenant right now...

Top Bottom