• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prime Video Orders Animated Video Game Anthology Series ‘Secret Level’ From ‘Love, Death & Robots’ Creator

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
New-World-Spelunky-and-Tim-Miller.jpg

Via Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Prime Video is blending video games and animation for one its biggest bets in the adult-animated space to date. According to sources, the streamer has teamed with Tim Miller and his Blur Studio, the creative team behind Netflix’s acclaimed series Love, Death & Robots, for another adult-animated anthology, Secret Level.

Like Love, Death & Robots, whose episodes are based on short stories, video game anthology Secret Level, created and executive produced by Miller, consists of original short stories which are set within the worlds of beloved video games, I hear. Details are scarce but Amazon Games’ New World, Spelunky and PlayStation titles are rumored to be among the games and IP featured on the series, which is expected to be unvealed soon, likely during Gamescom’s Opening Night Live. Reps for Prime Video declined comment.

Secret Level is produced by Amazon MGM Studios and Blur Studio. Dave Wilson serves as executive producer and supervising director.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Video game anthology is a great concept. Live-A-Live basically. Surprising how few people have tried this.

I guess this is just animations though? I was thinking it was an actual game anthology.

Last edited:

yurinka

Sounds cool, but Blur Studio only made 8 of the 35 Love, Death & Robots episodes. The other ones were made by other animation studios from all around the world.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Sounds cool, but Blur Studio only made 8 of the 35 Love, Death & Robots episodes. The other ones were made by other animation studios from all around the world.
Blur will coordinate and will act as a main production center ofc. I doubt that they are capable of producing an entire season by themselves without halting their movie CG business entirely.

Top Bottom