• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 – PC Version Won’t Be The Same With PS4/Xbox One

Last year, Konami released a PC version of PES 2015 that felt like a mix between the old-gen and the current-gen versions. Naturally, a lot of PC gamers wondered whether this would be the case and this year. According to PES European Product Manager, Adam Bhatti, stated that PC will not be the same with the Xbox One and PS4 versions, and not the same with the X360 and PS3 versions.

As Adam told NextGenGamingBlog:

“It’s not the same as PS4 or Xbox One. And it’s not the same as PS3 and X360. It’s its own thing. PS3 and X360 will see some minimal changes that will definitely benefit from the things like MasterLeague and micro improvements. And some of those things. And you’ll feel the gameplay change. The PC version will have its own sort of entity there. It’s got a lot more the features of PS4. A lot more the features of Xbox One.”

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/pro-e...t-be-the-same-with-ps4xbox-one-incoming-demo/

Damn, I was actually getting excited for PES 2016.

Not bought it since 2007 (PES 2008) and sadly looking like that won't change.

Xater

How long did it take them to get the PS3/360 version onto the PC? I remember that also not happening right away.

Liamario

Banned
They're holding it back, to get people to buy the console versions (probably due to piracy on PC). It's the only reason I can think of.

Cigol

Okay so maybe I'll buy it on the PS4... oh wait, no I won't thanks to the abysmal frame rates in the previous version which led me to buying it again on the PC (so two times a fool). That's it, I'm done. I want to say I'll go buy FIFA instead but I'm not mental.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
No PES 2016 for me then. It's really stupid that they develop a "special" PC version rather than port the PS4 one. So it's a bunch of bullshit.

deb7058

Neo Member
Bought the game on pc last year to support them. Wont buy until they make it at per with ps4 & xb1 in terms of gameplay.

Okay so maybe I'll buy it on the PS4... oh wait, no I won't thanks to the abysmal frame rates in the previous version which led me to buying it again on the PC (so two times a fool). That's it, I'm done. I want to say I'll go buy FIFA instead but I'm not mental.

60fps is abysmal for a sports game?

la_briola

Most people I know bought a PS3 and then a PS4 because the PC ports are shit.

Remember when AMD CPUs couldn't play vs Intel? Yeah...

Kazdane

I have PES 2015 PC, and as far as I've seen, the only difference with PS4 was internal resolution being locked at 720p no matter which resolution you used, and some graphics looking a bit worse.

The internal resolution couldn't be fixed even with GeDoSaTo (or at least I didn't manage to), but there are plenty of mods out there to improve the graphics. So, if it's the same situation with 2016, I'll probably bite, because the gameplay is miles ahead of FIFA.

Kikujiro

Wtf is this bullishit post? PES15 runs at a smooth 60fps on PS4.
Educate yourself:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-pes-2015-face-off
On to the frame-rate metrics, and we're immediately presented with strong 60fps performers on both PS4 and Xbox One. Simply put, the actual core gameplay runs at a perfect update without a single hiccup to mention; and, unlike FIFA, this applies to all set-pieces and gameplay camera modes. It's exactly as it should be, with the PS4's locked 1080p60 delivery every bit as consistent as in Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes. Likewise for Xbox One, the resolution drop is a tough pill to swallow, but playback itself is at an unerring 60fps.

gelf

Did the PC version of 2015 match the PS4 version in terms of gameplay or was it behind in that as well? I don't care about the graphics but I don't want to be playing a game that's behind in how it plays also.

I'd still prefer PC for ease of editing if all else but graphics was equal.

Kazdane

Did the PC version of 2015 match the PS4 version in terms of gameplay or was it behind in that as well? I don't care about the graphics but I don't want to be playing a game that's behind in how it plays also.

I'd still prefer PC for ease of editing if all else but graphics was equal.

Exact same gameplay.

sohois

I've got the PC version of 2015 and it's absolutely fine. So far as I'm aware it's just a few minor graphical bells and whistles missing with no other differences. It still looks nice regardless

As others have said the gameplay is exactly the same. Whilst it is certainly irritating not to have access to all the extras when PCs are perfectly capable, unless you "play" games solely to look at stuff there isn't any reason to skip the PC version

Top Bottom