• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 on XBL (semi-confirmed?)

thorns

Banned
The closest thing to confirmation from Konami has landed at PESInsight regarding PES4 going Online. In an e-mail sent to a forum member, Konami confirm that the game will indeed feature an online mode on the XBox. No further details are available, but we are hopeful more will be announced over the weekend at the Gamestars Live event in London.
Here's the email:
Today I got a mail from Konami:

Beste Han,

Ik mag je inmiddels al wel vertellen dat de nieuwe PES 4 voor de Xbox in ieder geval live gespeeld kan worden. Verdere informatie heb ik helaas niet.

Translation:
Dear Han,
Now I am allowed to tell you that PES 4 can be played on-line with X-Box LIVE
That's all information I have.
http://www.pesinsight.com/news.php#fus_193
http://forum.pesinsight.com/showthread.php?t=14326

Shompola

Banned
BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Damn, I was trying to keep myself from buying anymore consoles. FUCK!!!

It should rock though.

I believe it' coming to PC aswell. So if you only want Xbox for PES then I think PC version will be a better option.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
dont they cut analogue control for the PC version? (its just 8-way even with a controller i heard)

Volt

Would be nice if true although I don't have XBL (yarr) so it doesn't really matter that much to me, PES4 is on my Must-Buy list either way :)
Isn't it supposed to be released near the end of October in PAL territories ? Can't wait to get my hands on it !!

B E N K E

It will be in Microsofts Xbox Live-section at Gamestars tomorrow. I heard this a couple of weeks ago at Konami's office. But I suppose the waiting is because they were unsure if they would be able to acchieve it in time...

JMPovoa

As far as i know, PES games never were analog controllable games....

Is PES4 going to change anything on that??

JMPovoa

And what's the most cool is that the game plays very good with the controller S. I've done it through the PC version. Even those who like using the R2 on the PS2 can do it with the black button on the xbox's controller seamlessly within a few minutes play

thorns

Banned
Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
15 november

Halo 2 on Nov 11 and PES4 on Nov 15.. :D
I'm quite skeptical about Konami's ability to make a fully featured and glitchless online play mode though.. Let's just hope that they do better than what Capcom did.

Socreges

Banned
The Konami rep in all likelihood just meant the same online capabilities in the past few PS2 versions. Which is not online play, but download features.

Prine

Banned
From NTsc-uk forum

Yes I played it but I'm not PES/WE expert. I didn't detect any slowdown. I have some footage that I will upload as soon as I have found a firewire cable. It looked alot better than the PS2 version.

Its official :D

Another AAA game for XBL! Thankyou Konami

Blimblim

The Inside Track
It only confirms the menu is there, we still don't know if it's live aware, scoreboards or full blown live play.

pilonv1

cja said:
Spong say full online play. So still no confirmation then. :)

spongdart.JPG

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Blimblim said:
It only confirms the menu is there, we still don't know if it's live aware, scoreboards or full blown live play.

*licks lips*

There's still hope that they'll cut live support before release... excellent.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
ooooww looks fun

I remember how ps2 fans couldn't believe it would be on xbox, and now not only is it on xbox, but online

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I think after this news it's safe to conclude that Xbox Live > PS2 Online

edit: Welcome back, Gash! This place wasn't quite the same without your biased ass ;)

megateto

I hope MS is wise enough to spend part of the remaining marketing budget they had for Xbox to HEAVELY promote this in Europe.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
LOL, Konami's relationship with Sony is starting to waver a bit.

cja said:

HOLY SHIT!

*orders Xbox*

*throws PS2 out the window*

=p

Just Kidding. I wuv you, PS2.

But I need to know if Konami is releasing it for Xbox in the US, because eventhough I live in Costa Rica I'd get a NTSC Xboxen. Anyone knows?

Jan

I think that they won´t ship the game on USA .

I´m hope they fixed they annoying slowdown in the area .

moai

I think that they won´t ship the game on USA

wrong.

Making its way from the insanely devoted fans of Japan to the riot-inducing fanaticism of Europe, Konami now brings its vaunted international soccer series Winning Eleven 8 to the still-wondering-if-they-like-it US crowds. Winning Eleven 8 comes to PlayStation 2, and for the first time, Xbox, for a deeper, more subtle game of futbol in spring 2005.

link

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
no built in leagues/cups by the looks of things :-/

Still guess its easy enough to make our own.

king zell

exhibition alone would be huge

we can make our own tournaments :)

but November 15th is not the best time to release the game (MGS3, MP2, Halo2).. will we have time :(

Socreges

Banned
moai said:
They could just be talking about PES4 on Xbox. Especially since I haven't seen anything official from Konami.

If WE8 truly is coming out on Xbox, though, and with Live, YES YES. I'll channel all of my fervent anger with Konami into strong play to destroy all of you newbie Xbots.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Seems like most of the xbots wanting this already have the PS2 version so i wouldnt be so confident :D

Socreges

Banned
Ghost said:
Seems like most of the xbots wanting this already have the PS2 version so i wouldnt be so confident :D
I think I made it clear that I'm in NA. Where NO ONE owns the game.

Still, if given the choice, I'll whup your asses in the East, too. ;)

Deepthroat said:
I don't play online so for me it's still the PS2 version to go.
Same here. I greatly prefer playing games with friends. But WE/PES is my exception. It'd be nice to actually play against some people on my level or above.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, the news of full online play came from a Konami rep at GameStars Live in London yesterday. It's 100%

Back off to the show now. Great. Imagine E3 in Rubbish Land and you should get the idea. There's a pub there though, which is nice.

Top Bottom