• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progressive Scan List

BuddyC

Would it be possible to get a full list of Gamecube games that support progressive scan? What about PS2 and XB?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Things you should also note:

Activating Gamecube Prog Scan = Holding B During Startup
PS2 Activation = Holding Tri + X after PS2 blip (SSX3, Primal), or in the menus

teiresias

Does the PS2 Triangle + X thing work on Jak II and Ratchet & Clank 2??

I ask because I tried to play them through my VGA adapter from the Linux kit, but since I couldn't see the menu there was no way for me to navigate to the progressive scan option.

Do you hold it just after you hear the PS2 "whoosh" sound?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
nope, those require you to do it through the menus in the game, which ends up being a pain in the ass for moitors/tvs that don't support progressive scan.

Hmm, let me record the button sequence

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
teiresias said:
Does the PS2 Triangle + X thing work on Jak II and Ratchet & Clank 2??

I ask because I tried to play them through my VGA adapter from the Linux kit, but since I couldn't see the menu there was no way for me to navigate to the progressive scan option.

Do you hold it just after you hear the PS2 "whoosh" sound?
teresias, you need to hold down I think R1 +Select(I think) to boot up the ps2 in 480i mode when using the ps2 vga adaptor to see the PS2. Also hows your ps2 linux kit?

Suikoguy

Jak 2 - Progressive Scan Combination

After first sound effect, press start
Wait a sec then press Start again
Arrow down Twice
Press X
Arrow down one
Press X
Arrow down Twice
Press X
Press Left
Press X
Press Left
Press X

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando - Progressive Scan Combination

After inital jingle wait a few seconds then Press Start
Arrow Down Twice
Press X
Arrow Down Once
Press X
Press X
Press X

teiresias

teresias, you need to hold down I think R1 +Select(I think) to boot up the ps2 in 480i mode when using the ps2 vga adaptor to see the PS2. Also hows your ps2 linux kit?

would a normal computer monitor display 480i?? I don't think the front-end menu supports anything but NTSC output (or PAL if you're in a PAL region). I know there's a key sequence for booting the PS2 into NTSC mode when using the Linux kit, but I've never used it.

The linux kit is neat, but I haven't been able to mess with it at all for over a month because I can't have my PS2 networked to the PC right now and I refuse to try and do anything with it on the TV. Before I had that happen I had compiled some VU demos which were pretty neat and had setup FTP, and a VNCserver so I could log into it via my PC. It's a neat piece of kit, and hopefully since I'm interning next semester and won't have much classwork to do I'll be able to play around with it and actually get to coding some vector units (which is my main interest over programming the MIPS core, but hey, maybe I'll do a bit of both).

Suikoguy

teiresias said:
would a normal computer monitor display 480i?? I don't think the front-end menu supports anything but NTSC output (or PAL if you're in a PAL region). I know there's a key sequence for booting the PS2 into NTSC mode when using the Linux kit, but I've never used it.

The linux kit is neat, but I haven't been able to mess with it at all for over a month because I can't have my PS2 networked to the PC right now and I refuse to try and do anything with it on the TV. Before I had that happen I had compiled some VU demos which were pretty neat and had setup FTP, and a VNCserver so I could log into it via my PC. It's a neat piece of kit, and hopefully since I'm interning next semester and won't have much classwork to do I'll be able to play around with it and actually get to coding some vector units (which is my main interest over programming the MIPS core, but hey, maybe I'll do a bit of both).

The majority of computer monitors don't
I have a high end workstation monitor and it does not, even 600+ CRT don't either
Its worth a try, the monitor will say outta scan range if it does not work.

Just use the combinations above, if there is a game that you want the combination for i'll try to get it.

Top Bottom