• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prose with Bros |OT| Proof that every noun in the English language is filthy (iOS)

PTVZ6.png

That's "Bros" as in "bros," not the the eighties pop combo.

Prose with Bros is a game for your iDevice that's available both free with ads, or for $2 without them. In it, you're given 50 random words from a pool of 1,100, and you have to construct some kind of sentence, poem, or text from them. Someone else is given exactly the same 50 words, and they do the same thing. The app then reads it out to you, so you can put in pauses and stuff for effect. Like this.

5658268903_d18a1823fe.jpg
5658268757_8d646ef8ce.jpg

Then, for the next 24 hours, other users of the app vote on your sentences and decide whose is funnier, or cleverer. The winner, well, wins. You can also give kudos if you really like them.

It sounds simple enough, but almost instantly the game has become pretty much "make the dirtiest sentence you can with the words you're given." You don't have to be dirty, but there's a lot of filth.

Which is amazing, and I have never laughed so much at an iOS app before. Maybe it's a sign of my immaturity, but hey, I don't care. It's hilarious! And it's creative as hell, because there are actually no rude words in the app at all. I was voting on some earlier and was faced with the phrase "wobbly milk bubbles" and it nearly killed me!

5658841682_79685e9917.jpg
5658840528_4bd85722dd.jpg
5658227559_5153082217.jpg

5658797504_75f3dc4488.jpg
5646894227_29617b80e0.jpg
5646524957_15a8b3ef7a.jpg

I also used the phrase "puny love cannon" earlier on, and I've never ever been prouder than when I constructed the sentence "all shall kiss my crack, only you cunningly poke beef up in there."

It's time for some prose, GAF. WITH YO BROS.

Usernames in this thread!

aesop

"Explode your creamy butter in my socks or the clumsy cowardly minions which dance terribly shall jig diabolically."

username: wordeffer

Pete Rock

Sounds a lot like Acrophobia, but with refrigerator magnet vocabulary rather than acronyms, both in execution and in terms of the results. When is a console going to get one of these fun little games? Although I suppose it's better for mobiles given the drifting attention spans and sporadic nature of checking in on the voting.

Rawkus

Ferrio said:
Exactly like a flash game I used to play. Forget it's name.... hell think it was a popcap game even.

You're thinking of Psychobabble. And yes, that's exactly what it reminded me of, too.

no angel

This game is genius, I'm literally crying with laughter over some of this shit.

"shave my stanky pickle publicly and bite the magic schnizel with pleasure. also itch your filthy scrumptious jamtart it may feel magnificent"

The stephen hawking voice that reads them to you is the cherry on the cake.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Hoooooly shit this app makes me laugh out loud repeatedly. Now accepting challengers - my username is ErrorJustin

Edit: I've seen some great ones that weren't filthy, too:

"I forever whip the mo-ped just for a gangsta kick" I saw just now. Too perfect.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
"Her trembling hands rubbed meetballs
and it was glorious
I cream on head"

Probably my Prose with Bros magnum Opus. I couldn't decide between head and eyes, for the final word.

DoctorWho said:
All of the sentences people are coming up with have to do with sex.
Yeah, but that makes it even more satisfying when you destroy someone with something clean. Like the one I made in the OP about the hugging unicorn.

To be honest though, the sex is where the comedy lies. I totally just lost it at "I would attack your mom if she could take a snake between her cheeky bushwhack."

windfish

love this game, great find! this will entertain me for a good while, premature is the way to go!

username: kakekater

"My doctor is terrible. He feels you in a van. But look who calls back."

"They say mom is a phenomenally fat sasquatch."

"The nasty ninja laughed after shamelessly coming on a dead magic unicorn. I wanted it for riding."

no angel

toythatkills said:
5660309555_a29f186d11.jpg

I made an actual poem. It's not getting the appreciation it deserves :(
I'm appreciating it, sadly I think it's the prospect of chewing on my
Magnificent loafer that's getting all the attention.

SmithnCo

This is hilarious. Basically a competition to see who can make the most sexual sounding sentence.

Username: smithnco

Top Bottom