• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita Community Thread [Read Last Post Before Making New Threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

what I really like about the new PSABR build is the player color of the finisher

PSABR Vita looks better than the console one

dat OLED

codhand

images

vita-gaf

dallow_bg

nods at old men
*sees community thread gets locked*

*opens ANOTHER community thread*

Good decision-making skills

But he opened it in the Community section.
We need this!

Seriously. The Vita thread was the only good place for Vita, and super useful to talk in general about it.

Skyzard

Banned
Indeed, not only is it a safe-haven from the negativity, it provides a great place for people who are interested or have questions to come and have them answered.

Perhaps we can copy the OP from the old thread?

I pm'd TE, then waited about 15 seconds for a reply before opening the new thread :p damn I need my vita home.. Can always c&p a whole bunch of good info if this lasts, no problem I'm sure (credit etc).

Apath

It ended before its time.

But he opened it in the Community section.
We need this!

Seriously. The Vita thread was the only good place for Vita, and super useful to talk in general about it.
It was the safe haven to avoid the barrage of "Vita is dead", "Vita has no games", "All Vita games are ports". R.I.P.

maybe it is time to bump all the vita threads to the front page so we can discuss those games. Then keep them there. Feels like this will make it harder to find new news.

It ended before its time.

It was the safe haven to avoid the barrage of "Vita is dead", "Vita has no games", "All Vita games are ports". R.I.P.

Indeed. I went to post something, but now I forget what... and was told the thread was closed... I was thinking "we shouldn't be on the next OT already, right?" and then saw Kagari's post. :(

I mean where else am I going to ask Vita owners about the ability to transfer cart saves to my PC and then back to the Vita for use with a digital copy (of UMvC3). It's not like everyone and their mother owns a Vita, so if I go in the UMvC3 community thread, I'm probably not in the right place to ask. WHERE WOULD I GO MAN?! WHERE?! The only logical answer is HERE!

zroid

Banned
Why would this thread get locked? Isn't having threads to discuss random gaming shit as a community the whole point of a Community Forum?

The other megathreads were basically community threads in the gaming forum. Makes sense they were locked.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Still frustrated about Dokuro not appearing on the Canadian PSN store. I was having a small panick attack yesterday night, "WHAT DO I SPEND 86.01 DOLLARS ON NOW"?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Carl

We always posted new threads when there was new news, and we discussed the new news in the new thread. The main thread was more for talking about games that didn't have threads for them, or for the Vita in general.

I see no reason why the old thread needed locking, to be honest.

So what, we have to make a thread for every Vita game that gets released now? lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's for the Gaming forum.
This should be fine for the Community forum no?

Who knows. They move popular/multiplayer titles over here because it "fits community as you're fostering an online community" but console threads don't?

Like I said: Baffling move and there's really no rhyme or reason/explanation behind it and I doubt we'll ever know. Like I said though, ya'll might want to PM Kagari or another mod to make sure this is Kosher.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It won't get locked. By being in Gaming Community, we no longer get confused with Steam/XBLA as platforms vs. digital platforms. And we can continue to talk about small games instead of going into/creating an OT the same way people in the Steam thread ask about whatever game is on sale instead of visiting the OT. Wait.

Yeah, we're safe.

Huh? I don't get the math... :\
I've only purchased Retro City Rampage so far. Dokuro+ 1 year of Plus + Jet Set Radio and Sunflowers was the plan. *shakes fist*

Canadian release will take place on November 6.
Oh, I think I can set aside Halo 4 for it.

Carl

Honestly I don't get why they just didn't move the threads to community.

This is exactly why i think they want to get rid of these sorts of threads. If they just didn't want them on the Gaming Discussion side, they could have just moved them to Community...

Skyzard

Banned
Who knows. They move popular/multiplayer titles over here because it "fits community as you're fostering an online community" but console threads don't?

Like I said: Baffling move and there's really no rhyme or reason/explanation behind it and I doubt we'll ever know. Like I said though, ya'll might want to PM Kagari or another mod to make sure this is Kosher.

Good idea tbh, should be ok as people as saying but will send one over since I was the one who gave up first !

zroid

Banned
If they lock this thread too then so be it. But there's no reason to panic or anything, we won't get penalized for trying to subvert the mods' intentions if those intentions weren't clear.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If they lock this thread too then so be it. But there's no reason to panic or anything, we won't get penalized for trying to subvert the mods' intentions if those intentions weren't clear.

We're drafting a better response in a minute to the types of threads you should be making.

You can still have community-ish threads, but they're a bit more compartmentalized and focused.

Skyzard

Banned
The only thing that is a little worrying is that they didn't move it to the community thread but just locked them :S

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Examples of threads that should be made:
-Vita PSN Store |OT| (This would be focused on the Vita PSN store and the games on it)
-3DS eShop |OT| (This would be focused on the 3DS eShop store and the games on it)
-Vita Hardware/OS Tips And Tricks
-3DS Hardware/OS Tips And Tricks
-Vita Game User Reviews (These have to actually be somewhat lengthy and high quality and not just be a megathread chatroom under the guise of a review thread. If you recommend a game here, you should have at least a few paragraphs about why you like it and think others should buy it. This will be moderated.)
-3DS Game User Reviews (These have to actually be somewhat lengthy and high quality and not just be a megathread chatroom under the guise of a review thread. If you recommend a game here, you should have at least a few paragraphs about why you like it and think others should buy it. This will be moderated.)
-3DS Online Multiplayer Gaming Community And Friend Code Sharing Thread
-Vita Online Multiplayer Gaming Community And PSN Username Sharing Thread
-If you want to discuss a singleplayer game, make a thread about the singleplayer game or use the OT.

Examples of threads that should not be made:
-Bumping old threads to turn them into the same thread.
-Community version of the same thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom