• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 - Berserk Trailer

Miburou

A little on the blocky side, but can still be fun, as long as it isn't 75% cut-scenes like the DC game was.

And why is the title in Korean?

That was FUCKING AWESOME! This better come to America ASAP! Christ I love everything Berserk.

Edit: My over-enthusiasm for this trailer comes after my disappointment of the previous one... There's still a lot of things about the game I'm not crazy about and things I'd have liked to be better/different, but I like this trailer much more than anything I've seen of the game so far.

Dude that freaking ROCKED!!! Although I am not as hot on the latest volumes of the manga as I was the first 20 volumes.
The whole magic thing sort of screws up the whole feel of the series where it is just this normal human being against this world that he can no longer comprehend or control and all he has is his rage
. That said the trailer looked AWESOME. Is it worth it to get a cheap ass DC and Sword of the Berserk? How rare is Sword of the Berserk?

AfroLuffy

Sword of Berserk on DC is great.

Until I played it, I had only heard murmerings about the series, that game sparked interest in the series instantly.

I'm wholly against english voice acting, but i'll admit, i liked the job eidos did with sword of berserk. Really, guts sounded exactly like he should have; the anime dub voice for guts pales in comparision.

Anwyays, that trailer...my god...I need berserk ps2 announcement tommorrow sammy!

Anticipation for this game just surpassed MGS3 for me.

Also, i need an mp3 of that song, pronto!

The whole magic thing sort of screws up the whole feel of the series where it is just this normal human being against this world that he can no longer comprehend or control and all he has is his rage.

Having read through 27, I feel exactly the same way. I really don't know where Miura is going with this new arc, but I still have faith.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Bieng a Berserk fan this thing is bought if released stateside. I would assume so since the anime did fairly well. I'm reading the translated manga now and I'm hooked. I lost it when I saw Guts throwing down with Nosferatu Zodd!! I want this game BAD!!!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
*EXPLODES*

Please make this game be a fun as fuck beat 'em up a la Dynasty Warriors. The previous videos showed a simple and mundane battle engine, god I hope they fixed that up!

EDIT: I just watched the video and the engine certainly isn't the best. More importantly is that the modelling is fucking awesome and captures the characters perfectly!

What is it with Junior members not using spoiler tags? Oh well, now that it's all out in the open:

AfroLuffy said:
Having read through 27, I feel exactly the same way. I really don't know where Miura is going with this new arc, but I still have faith.

I find it funny that people can't deal with elemental spirits but have no problem with demon swords, vampires, fairies, and basically most of the other crazy shit from the series.

And the anime dub rocked.

As far as the game, I'm with TekunoRobby on this one; I really hope the battle system gets fixed up (the new armor would be an interesting addition too, if you can imagine viewtiful joe style activation), because the video of combat got boring fast. The new trailer certainly looks more varied, though.

Edit: +1 for referencing the davyback fight, though

nitewulf

whoa...that looks fantastic. wish it was a bit more colorful though.
also...obviously berserk is still very popular, since they keep making the games...so why not continue the anime?? damn!!

Docpan

The ending of Berserk was the biggest cliffhanger bullshit of all time. Why even start at all if you're gonna end it like that?

And screw the manga. I've tried that right-to-left crap and I just can't stand it. Is there a very DETAILED summary of the Berserk manga somewhere on the net?

Subitai

Wow. That was really impressive. I downloaded the translated Manga. Does it end with 27? It definitely stayed true to the manga like you all said.

I don't think it will get here though.

Where is a good place to get the old DC game?

Subitai said:
Wow. That was really impressive. I downloaded the translated Manga. Does it end with 27?

According to the author, this is only the beginning. Unless he gets traditional manga writers sickness and decides to cash out before volume 40, this could be 50-80 volumes, easy.

Bebpo

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
According to the author, this is only the beginning. Unless he gets traditional manga writers sickness and decides to cash out before volume 40, this could be 50-80 volumes, easy.

I think he was talking about the PS2 game :p

Crazymoogle said:

Off topic...

80 volumes!? Don't they only release 2 vol. per year? I pity the manga readers...

Yeah, and Dark Horse seems intent on releasing only ~4 volumes per year in the US... can you imagine? At 80 volumes, it'd take 20 years to release the whole thing!

Anyway, that trailer... f*cking... rocked. I continue to pray for a US release. :D

One scene in there caught my eye... at about 1:30 into the trailer, there's a scene where
Black Swordsman Guts faces off against his dead comrades from the Band of the Hawk, including a young Caska.
Where'd that come from?!? I don't remember seeing that in the manga, and IIRC I'm caught up to vol. 27-28 (the beach interlude after Guts gets the Berserker Armor)...

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
80 volumes? Where did you hear that? I call bullshit. Its been taking 14 years for the current 27~28 volumes, 2 volumes per year, by the time berserk would reach 80, Miura would be in his in his late 60's if not more.

40 volumes sounds more reasonable, especially since Guts aged quite a lot in vol 27 and lost some weight, if he keeps that up with the berserk armor, it wont last another 20 volume.

Buggy Loop said:
80 volumes? Where did you hear that? I call bullshit. Its been taking 14 years for the current 27~28 volumes, 2 volumes per year, by the time berserk would reach 80, Miura would be in his in his late 60's if not more.

Read quotes from Miura himself, Buggy. The man thinks he has a long way to go. Who knows, maybe he'll pump out material faster or something; some series do go past 40 volumes. I'll certainly breathe a sigh of relief if he cuts it that short, though.

Spike: The best bet would be the game is it's own plotline again, so the game team can make up all sorts of situations to catch fan interest.

Subitai

Spike Spiegel said:
Yeah, and Dark Horse seems intent on releasing only ~4 volumes per year in the US... can you imagine? At 80 volumes, it'd take 20 years to release the whole thing!

Anyway, that trailer... f*cking... rocked. I continue to pray for a US release. :D

One scene in there caught my eye... at about 1:30 into the trailer, there's a scene where
Black Swordsman Guts faces off against his dead comrades from the Band of the Hawk, including a young Caska.
Where'd that come from?!? I don't remember seeing that in the manga, and IIRC I'm caught up to vol. 27-28 (the beach interlude after Guts gets the Berserker Armor)...
Woah, I missed that. I know I didn't see that before. I'm guessing they were maybe demons taking the likeness of the old hawks.

Only 2 to 4 volumes a year? OMG. I'll check back in 2010.

Prine

Banned
Man that was AWESOME! Captures the Anime perfectly! Griifith looks so cool!

Are they following the original Berserk story (anime) or is it continuing from Berserk?

Im hoping for the later, but some of those scenes and encounters tell me its based on the Anime :(

No bad thing i guess as its easily the best Anime ever, but i really want to know what happens after Berserk. Last 2 episodes fucked me up real good.

Edit: I hope they use the same voice actors from the anime, its some of the best dubbing i've heard. Grifith voice was exceptional

SaitoH

God damn, that's awesome. I just played the old DC Berserk again a couple months ago. What's that quote that everyone uses ... uhhh ... my frothing demand for this game increases.

^w^

Ps. Another season of the anime needs to come out.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Subitai said:
Wow. That was really impressive. I downloaded the translated Manga. Does it end with 27? It definitely stayed true to the manga like you all said.

I don't think it will get here though.

Where is a good place to get the old DC game?

I must have these translations! GIMME! PM ME! Something!!!

*dies*

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Prine said:
Man that was AWESOME! Captures the Anime perfectly! Griifith looks so cool!

Are they following the original Berserk story (anime) or is it continuing from Berserk?

Im hoping for the later, but some of those scenes and encounters tell me its based on the Anime :(

No bad thing i guess as its easily the best Anime ever, but i really want to know what happens after Berserk. Last 2 episodes fucked me up real good.

Edit: I hope they use the same voice actors from the anime, its some of the best dubbing i've heard. Grifith voice was exceptional

It's based on the current manga chapters actually.

Docpan said:
The ending of Berserk was the biggest cliffhanger bullshit of all time. Why even start at all if you're gonna end it like that?

And screw the manga. I've tried that right-to-left crap and I just can't stand it. Is there a very DETAILED summary of the Berserk manga somewhere on the net?

You're lame.

Prine

Banned
sp0rsk said:
It's based on the current manga chapters actually.

Really? In the trailer Guts has that mark on his neck, but he's in a snowy environment, which made me think it might be different :D

ANd i dont remeber seeing the naked fairy ;)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
You're all lame, there I said it. Want to fight about it? Bring it on!

In all seriousness I think this game has a very decent possibility of releasing here since the mangas and animé did rather well in terms of sales. Also you have the DC game so atleast there's a bit of a legacy going.

Top Bottom