• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 gone mute - help!

My PS2 seems to have gone completely silent - my receiver isn't picking up an optical signal from it (depsite that there's that red light coming from the PS2's optical port) and the regular stereo connectors aren't working either. The problem isn't the receiver or the TV, as they work with the rest of my stuff....

Has anyone else had this problem?

RuGalz

Make sure the game you are trying to play supports optical out? I never looked at the optical out port for game that intentionally not support it so I don't know if the port stay active or not in those games.

zmet

Yeah, Gradius 3 & 4 didn't output through the optical out - anyone know of anymore games
that don't output through the optical out?

Nah, I think my problem's different... it's not that it's quiet, it's that my receiver can't pick up an optical signal from it.

I was able to get the sound back by going back to my old AV cables instead of using the CMYK ones... but it looks like no more optical audio for me.

Top Bottom