• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Online Bundles?

hanzo

Banned
Can't find the PS2 online bundle pack anywhere. Do they still have them or is the deal over? I just see regular PS2's with no BBA.

B'z-chan

Banned
Its called Discountinued. Some place's might still have them in warehouses and stuff. But sony stoped shipping the 50,001 PS2 online sets back in June if i'm not mistaken.

DCX

DCX
Why did they stop shipping them? New online pack coming out or are they done with it?

DCX

DCX said:
Why did they stop shipping them? New online pack coming out or are they done with it?

DCX

They're releasing a new model. It'll still be an online pack when they start shipping them, and likely still with ATV. Although they could change it to SOCOM 1 but I doubt that.

DCX

DCX
Great :( Just when i went out and bought one, an online pack with SOCOM would be great.

DCX

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Socom!? Awww dammit, I just bought a PS2 online pack last week and got ATV (it's pretty boring if you're not into ATV's)

I'm not saying they're going to pack in SOCOM, it's just that they could because it's old enough now and they've got SOCOM 2 to stack up on sales. It'll likely still be ATV. Seeing that people seem to be more interested in that idea, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea. :p

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not saying they're going to pack in SOCOM, it's just that they could because it's old enough now and they've got SOCOM 2 to stack up on sales. It'll likely still be ATV.

SOCOM is M-Rated, so they won't bundle that.

Joe

im pretty sure both xbox and ps2 will see new bundles within a week or two (reason for "shortages").

I'm planning to buy a PS2 the coming couple of days, I'd really like to know the chances of a new bundle/model coming out soon, cause if so then I'd rather wait. I just want a new PS2 before MGS3, but having it right now would be great too since I already have the money burning a whole in my pocket.

cvxfreak

adelgary said:
I'm planning to buy a PS2 the coming couple of days, I'd really like to know the chances of a new bundle/model coming out soon, cause if so then I'd rather wait. I just want a new PS2 before MGS3, but having it right now would be great too since I already have the money burning a whole in my pocket.

It doesn't seem like a sure thing, that's for, uh, sure. ;)

hanzo

Banned
Went to fry's today and they were selling the network adapter in a bare white box for $20. It looks like they ripped it out of the PS2 bundles to sell. Anyone have any idea what the new online bundle pack will be? I need to get a PS2.

ChrisReid

Defensor said:
How do you explain the Halo-Xbox bundle?

That was a special item for a special segment of the market. Halo was enscribed on the freakin console case. However it makes sense not to bundle M-rated games with your primary holiday console bundle. You're targeting families, gift givers, etc, at that point, and there's plenty of E and T rated games that'll go over better.

Top Bottom