• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 online pack no more?

alejob

Damn Ps2 shortage.

I've been looking for a PS2 online pack for 2 weeks and havent been able to find one. Now I see EBgames.com don't have it listed.

So is Sony pulling the online bundle deal? If they are then they SUCK! I have seen a couple of normal PS2s. But only a couple in the entire town.

Whats up with this?

Alcibiades

The last time we received combo packs was about a month ago, now we've only got regular ones (a good 40), and I doubt we'll be getting the combo again...

to be honest, nobody cared about the network adaptor, but people would always choose the combo pack cause they didn't want to have to buy a game...

They're gone. :(

Best bet is to check your local stores, probably not the game ones as they're all out. So Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Circuit City, KBToys, Comp USA, etc. Call ahead of time to save yourself some headaches. Most stores won't hold it, but it's better to know they've got some than to try and randomly hit.

Actually, even the core system is getting just about impossible to find.

efralope said:
The last time we received combo packs was about a month ago, now we've only got regular ones (a good 40), and I doubt we'll be getting the combo again...

to be honest, nobody cared about the network adaptor, but people would always choose the combo pack cause they didn't want to have to buy a game...

Are all the regular 40 ones the latest model? (with the little yellow plus sign on the box)

Still tons of PS2 online pack+ models around here, although all of the non-eb stores around seem to be trying to sweeten the deal by adding Crazy Taxi and Tomb Raider AOD. To be honest, I'm not sure that's sweetening anything though...

alejob

Well, I finally found one. The last one in town I think.

I got it at a hastings. The funny thing is that I went there before and they had it but it was marked at $199.99. I went back this weekend and the price tag was ripped off. So I asked for the price and it was $150.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I thought the online pack was supposed to be forever more...wasn't that one of Sony's E3 announcements?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
kaching said:
I thought the online pack was supposed to be forever more...wasn't that one of Sony's E3 announcements?

We maybe looking at the cleaning out of the channel for a new bundle(that's rampant, wild, wholly unconfirmed speculation BTW).

Top Bottom