• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 MGS4 80GB bundle available for preorder at circuitcity.com

bluemax

Banned
Tempting but I think I'll hold off until amazon has it since I have prime...

Gamestop doesn't seem to be taking preorders on them, at least not at the brick and mortars.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously considering ordering this. Any word on how many units Sony's going to release? Might be better off waiting till launch and getting it at Targe the first day.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ahoyhoy said:
Seriously considering ordering this. Any word on how many units Sony's going to release? Might be better off waiting till launch and getting it at Targe the first day.

From what I understand, it's supposed to be the successor to the old MotorStorm bundle.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Kagari said:
From what I understand, it's supposed to be the successor to the old MotorStorm bundle.

So, by June, this and the 40GB units are going to be the only ones in stores? Sounds like they should be easy enough to find.

ahoyhoy said:
Seriously considering ordering this. Any word on how many units Sony's going to release?

Lots if they are actually making new motherboards, but realistically this is probably blowing out old 80GB stock.

TaeOH

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Lots if they are actually making new motherboards, but realistically this is probably blowing out old 80GB stock.

Doubt it is only old 80gb stock, if they had stock they would have kept the Motorstorm pack coming IMO. I think whatever old 80gb stock they had went out in March, there was one week that the Motorstorm pack was received and available briefly at many stores.

Sony admitted themselves that they underestimated the demand for BC. This bundle should be sold for a while.

ezekial45

Banned
These bundles are in limited supply, correct? I unfortunately don't have the funds to pre-order it at the moment. I wasn't expecting them to allow pre-orders so early.

Johnas

So if I'm reading this right-

On June 12, I will be able to go home with an 80GB MGS4 PS3 bundle?

The only date I had read before was that one near the end of June, on Amazon I think.

Is this basically verified now, this bundle will be available on June 12?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Johnas said:
So if I'm reading this right-

On June 12, I will be able to go home with an 80GB MGS4 PS3 bundle?

The only date I had read before was that one near the end of June, on Amazon I think.

Is this basically verified now, this bundle will be available on June 12?

It is June 12th.

Johnas

Kagari said:
It is June 12th.

Sweet relief. Thank you!

Since you work at GS, any idea when I can go pre-order? I already have the LE of the game itself pre-ordered, didn't see anything about the bundle on the website a minute ago.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Johnas said:
Sweet relief. Thank you!

Since you work at GS, any idea when I can go pre-order? I already have the LE of the game itself pre-ordered, didn't see anything about the bundle on the website a minute ago.

We haven't heard anything yet. We're probably not even doing them. No one wants another repeat of the Xbox 360 launch debacle.

MrDaravon

Kagari, have you heard anything about your store allocations for the regular 80gig bundle? My friend's store in CA (he's a manager) was told he was getting SIX for a medium size busy store. Someone else on CAG said his store was told four. It's possible these are just initial allocations for day one, but I keep saying I hear really low quantities on these and no one seems to believe me :lol

I awesomely am probably going to be able to borrow a co-workers PS3 to play MGS 4 on, so I can stop stressing out about it now.

ezekial45

Banned
ezekial45 said:
These bundles are in limited supply, correct? I unfortunately don't have the funds to pre-order it at the moment. I wasn't expecting them to allow pre-orders so early.

Anyone?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SailorDaravon said:
Kagari, have you heard anything about your store allocations for the regular 80gig bundle? My friend's store in CA (he's a manager) was told he was getting SIX for a medium size busy store. Someone else on CAG said his store was told four. It's possible these are just initial allocations for day one, but I keep saying I hear really low quantities on these and no one seems to believe me :lol

I awesomely am probably going to be able to borrow a co-workers PS3 to play MGS 4 on, so I can stop stressing out about it now.

I haven't worked in 4 days so I'll check tomorrow. To be fair, getting 6 in one shipment is normal. My store is high traffic though so usually when we get PS3s in we get 10-12.

MrDaravon

Kagari said:
I haven't worked in 4 days so I'll check tomorrow. To be fair, getting 6 in one shipment is normal. My store is high traffic though so usually when we get PS3s in we get 10-12.

If initial allocations are going to be 6-12 there's nooooo way that's going to be enough :lol

Much better bundle compared to that "Gunmetal ripoff!" :D You even get a voucher to download PAIN. So you get a free PSN, MGS4, 40 more gigs, plus backwards compatibility for $100 less sounds like a bargain to me. Plus if you really wanted to get the custom paint job you could get it for $50 and save the other $50 for say COD4 GOTY at Circuit City!

Heres the link for COD4 in case someone wants it:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?linkid=j13459594k31063&affiliateid=k31063&mid=&oid=207889&WT.mc_n=777592&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=AFFILIATE%20MARKETING&cm_cat=PERFORMICS&cm_pla=AFFILIATE%20WEEKLY%20NEWSLETT->BYOL&cm_ite=273897%2020080221_NON%20REDIRRECTING%20FOR%20BYOL%20TEST&cm_keycode=777592

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SailorDaravon said:
If initial allocations are going to be 6-12 there's nooooo way that's going to be enough :lol

They will probably start shipping us the units on June 6, when they start shipping the games. I imagine stores will get more between then and the 12th.

Will wait for Amazon.

Circuit City recently got $900 out of me, I don't want to make them think I like them THAT much. Thanks for the link, though!

Hopefully it'll be free shipping. I don't mind the wait at this point. So long as I don't have to pick it up at Gamestop, I'll be happy either way.

Bleak Harvest said:
Will wait for Amazon.

Circuit City recently got $900 out of me, I don't want to make them think I like them THAT much. Thanks for the link, though!

Hopefully it'll be free shipping. I don't mind the wait at this point. So long as I don't have to pick it up at Gamestop, I'll be happy either way.

Its also free shipping.....buuuuuut you also have to pay tax, so I guess it cancels it out. :lol

Bleak Harvest said:
At amazon.com? I somehow doubt it...

lol, no I was referring to the CC deal I posted. In Amazon I think orders over $25 qualify you for free super saver shipping or something.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey guys, does this PS3 have "MGS4 Limited Edition" written on the actual console like the SPECIAL SPECIAL bundle does?

Struct09

omg rite said:
I think the only shipment of this may be at launch.

Sony would be stupid to limit it that much. This is basically the new Motorstorm bundle, the really limited bundle is the Gunmetal one.

Rhindle

I'm still pretty skeptical that they suddenly decided to restart production of older mobos after having phased them out in 3 regions.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Struct09 said:
Sony would be stupid to limit it that much. This is basically the new Motorstorm bundle, the really limited bundle is the Gunmetal one.

Pretty much. Sony know people want a BC option.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rhindle said:
If that's the case, why offer it only in 1 bundle in 1 region?

Cause SCEA does stuff differently than SCEE or SCEJ? I don't know. Doesn't Korea still have the 80GB?

Top Bottom