• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Zep

Banned
fake

And like I told rareside in our AIM convo.. Anyone who hits a HR to dead center @ Polo Grounds during the league or these two tournaments (and shows the replay) will get a free game from me.*

*Don't expect that shit until Holidays

eznark

Banned
Zep said:
fake

And like I told rareside in our AIM convo.. Anyone who hits a HR to dead center @ Polo Grounds during the league or these two tournaments (and shows the replay) will get a free game from me.*

*Don't expect that shit until Holidays
Who gets to pick the stadium? Home team?

That Hoffpauer bomb totally went have went out to dead center.

Zep

Banned
Im not sure about that. I played rareside last night and when Hamilton missed a liner, the shit rolled ALL the way out to dead center...It must have taken 10secs in real time just for him to recover it.

Miguel

I'm BAAAAACK!!!

rareside, we can play tonight if you have a chance, if not, uh... I dunno. Let me know when you're available and I'll try to make some time around then.

rareside

I should be able to play tonight! Let me know your AIM as I should be around.

This tourney should also have a "PLAY BY" date instead of a "PLAY ON" date. That way players are responsible for coordinating their own matches when they're free.

Zep

Banned
If you two wanna play earlier, that's cool. I just wanted to give certain people(FMT, Blackace,CB3,Smokey) a few extra days.

Set a 1st rd deadline to the 12th..we're in no rush here.

Miguel

rareside said:
I should be able to play tonight! Let me know your AIM as I should be around.

This tourney should also have a "PLAY BY" date instead of a "PLAY ON" date. That way players are responsible for coordinating their own matches when they're free.

molina118

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
So i may not be the worst player in this league!

I'm going to be the worst, I have a bad feeling my skills have declined :\ . Ive been practicing offline against my bro who has never beat me before and so far I can't for the life of me beat him and he stinks worse than you and Dm combined. :p Not sure if it's rust, the Stros getting even worse or like I said my skills took a huge nosedive.

Btw before anyone asks to play me online if they see me on the PS3.... I can't right now. My brother is moving to San Fran and this is like my last week to hang out with him for a long time.

Bros before GAF hos.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I beat pheeknicks. i must be better than him.

Not really surprised by that though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"I beat pheeknicks"

:lol

I'm completely shocked.

Miguel

And don't think I didn't see what you wrote about me, Matrix. You're going down. I'll win this tournament AND beat you in a best of 3.

you-will-fail-o.gif

Matrix

Miguel said:
And don't think I didn't see what you wrote about me, Matrix. You're going down. I'll win this tournament AND beat you in a best of 3.

you-will-fail-o.gif

If you get further than me in the tourney you get the team anyway :lol

When I have time, I will beat you again in a best of 3. Better start practicing Mig, this Stros team stinks.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Just got back from the gym, let's go. My PSN is Atreides815. You're dbswisha right?

Yeah

I'm about to play DM in my 2k league, and I had less than 500MB on my PS3 HD so I had to clear a lot of shit (Haze lol and The Show data for every edition all the back to The Show 07)..and now I have 28GB free:lol

It's DL the huge patch so after my 2k game I'll play you and n1ghtz.

Matrix

Anyone notice an increase in errors? :\

I'm practicing on HOF with the Stros in season play and I have 4 errors in 2 games. Two by my 3rd baseman and two by my SS.

I never had this issue in 09 and my fielders were actually worse.

CB3 said:
I beat pheeknicks. i must be better than him.

Not really surprised by that though.

you're just like hunter. bragging about exhibition wins. i win games when they COUNT(<---link and i hope you personally enjoyed scoring in near single digits for 3 straight quarters). and you fucking pussed out of a rematch last night to watch the office?

and yes there is an increase in errors i swear, which I'm not opposed to, but one or two plays a game my infield makes a LOL throw

Matrix

I'm not even having the crazy throwing errors from overthrowing or bouncing the ball in the dirt due to shitty arm strength.... yet. I'm having the ball hit right to my 3rd baseman/SS and they go to throw and the ball just falls out of their hands :lol I would see that sometimes in 09, but 4 already in 2 games o_O

It's already cost me two f-ing double plays and I lost my 2nd game against the cpu cause of this.

Something just feels different with the infield fielding and I can't put my finger on it yet as to what it is.

Zep

Banned
nope

One thing that Ive noticed is the SS/3B/2B not getting rid of the ball when their meter is charged. I then figured out to hit the analog stick and he throws it??? Weird shit.

Matrix

Ssssh you suck

Matrix

Zep said:
nope

One thing that Ive noticed is the SS/3B/2B not getting rid of the ball when their meter is charged. I then figured out to hit the analog stick and he throws it??? Weird shit.

wtf I wonder if that's my problem :\

eznark

Banned
Late in a close game (if you are winning) it is impossible to make a 3rd to 1st throw without an overthrow if there are runners in scoring position.

It's also impossible for Matt Gamel to not commit an error (which is pretty realistic)

Zep

Banned
Settings to play by:

Difficulty - HOF

Guess Pitch - Off

Strike Zone - On/Off - Its your call here, no matter.

Hot/Cold Zone - Off

rareside

ROUND ONE COMPLETE! Great game Miguel!

Miguel (Astros) vs Rareside (Rangers)

Astros took an early 1-0 lead in the first inning by capitalizing on a human fielding error and knocking a runner in with a Berkman double.

Rangers got their first hit in the 4th inning, and later tied the game on a deep sacrifice fly that allowed Julio Borbon to score all the way from 2nd base. (1-1)

Ian Kinsler broke the tie in the 6th inning when he smashed a hanging curveball to the left field bleachers. (Rangers 2-1)

Cruz hit 2-run single in the 7th inning to add some insurance. (Rangers 4-1)

Kinsler took a mistake fastball in the 8th inning to the leftfield bleachers (Rangers 5-1)

FINAL
Rangers 5
Astros 1

Matrix

:lol

I just noticed Zep changed to the Phillies, that makes it fair! :lol

"I'll win this tournament"

Sorry Mig, you got to stop trash talking.

Rorschach

How has the lag been? I'm hearing bad things. :(

About to open this fucker up. Went to get it yesterday because I got tired of waiting (note to everyone, never trust MrBob and his "deals").

btw- Fry's has a great deal! 80 cents off!!! :O

Zep

Banned
Rorschach said:
How has the lag been? I'm hearing bad things. :(

About to open this fucker up. Went to get it yesterday because I got tired of waiting (note to everyone, never trust MrBob and his "deals").

btw- Fry's has a great deal! 80 cents off!!! :O

Depends. Ive had lag-free games against Sanjuro, Eznark, Rareside and Windu. My bad games came against Bob(on a wireless connection) Lambtron(on a network with other computers) and CB3. My game with CB was actually pretty good anytime it was in the green...problem was, it didn't stay that way for long periods, which caused some seriously bad lag.

You could play one perfect game against someone and the rematch would be really unplayable. So in other words, its still up in the air...Which is why we're doing this.

Top Bottom