• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Froze For The First Time Today(FIrmware 2.51)

Hi everyone strange issue

Yesterday I installed the brand new 2TB seagate/samsung hard drive..so I have been redownloading my games..today I started downloading more and all of a sudden as I was in the download section downloading some games, it froze and the PS4 turned off, I had to manually tur it back on(Pressing the power button on the PS4) it rebuilt database and all is fine now..but that has NEVER happened to me before and want to make sure something else isnt going on. When the PS4 turned back on I noticed a network error then it loaded the PSN network so not sure if maybe a network error caused this to happen. This happened almost 2 hours ago and everything seems fine. Had the PS4 on all day yesterday downloading and it was fine too so I guess if there was something defective about the drive it would happen more often?

If this is the wrong forum for this question my apologies just not sure what to make of this, its happened only once but still worried about it since its a new hard drive

Im sorry my mistake..but yeah going on five hours now and no problems..maybe it was a network problem causing this I had read that PSN did some kind of maintenance last night maybe that had something to do with this because if the drive were defective it would happen constantly. Not sure how to move this thread to the correct forum to get more advice

K will do..but by what it sounds like(The freezing thing) does it sound like something I should worry about or was it just one of those things, maybe a PSN network problem that caused the freeze

Top Bottom