• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Tsundere

Banned
1398268_974500845814_1352619622_o.jpg

Yes!!!!

Azzokk

Neo Member
Not grabbing my PS4 till 4pm today (damn job!) This will be one long day... Congrats to those that braved the crowds to get a unit.

TheContact

Anyone know if it's possible to hook up capture cards like the Elgato? I know it has its own recording but I'm really fond of the elgato

ev0

Just wait a bit, and see if it resolves. I don't know the proper fix, but I do know from a previous thread that you have to hold the power button down for like 10 seconds to shut it off.

Whatever you do, don't unplug the damn thing from the outlet.

:-/
still froze?

Happened to me also. Hold the power button in til it shuts down. Reboot and it will check for errors then reboot. Scared me. Deleted warframe for now.

Thanks guys. Yeah I really didn't want to pull the cord. I just had to hold down the power button for a really long time. Felt like longer than 10 sec. Scared me for sure heh

Hugstable

Banned
Woo System is updated and ready to play! Probably gonna jump into some Resogun first and then Killzone.

If anyone wants to add me my PSN: Hugstable. I got Killzone, AC4 and NBA2k14

Is there a way to arrange the order of your games on the PS4's home menu? Seems like they're arranged in the order they're downloaded/inserted in to the drive.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I searched and didn't seen anything.

Elchele

Thanks guys. Yeah I really didn't want to pull the cord. I just had to hold down the power button for a really long time. Felt like longer than 10 sec. Scared me for sure heh

great! you should delete the warframe files as the other user suggested, just in case :)

Z3M0G

THANK GOD

While playing killzone I noticed terrible verticle and horrizontal lines in the display. Then I noticed they were in the UI as well.

My TV was set to 16:9... I set it to "Just Scan" and they went away.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for the delay.

You do not need a camera, it is entirely gyro based and works far better than I would have ever imagined.

Also, Setup complete! There is still a little bit of cable management to do between the two stands, but otherwise, it's all set.
10868874783_5b21afedfe_b.jpg

Genius set up!

TheContact

Sorry for the delay.

You do not need a camera, it is entirely gyro based and works far better than I would have ever imagined.

Also, Setup complete! There is still a little bit of cable management to do between the two stands, but otherwise, it's all set.
10868874783_5b21afedfe_b.jpg

Rest that ps4 on its side?

Everytime I load up battlefield, the game crashes and kicks me out to the ps4 menu. Has This happened to anyone else? It even ejected the disc for some reason when I did a complete shut down.

bob page

Strange how most talk and worrying about possible widespread hardware failure dissipated over night.

Yet another big overreaction?

:)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Decided to get the camera this morning because of all the live streams I saw. Zelda can wait a little longer.

I'm in that boat (camera withstanding). Will have to get Mario/Zelda a bit later because next-gen monies, is lots of monies.

What is this sportsmanship bullshit? I wanna see some blood, dammit I am NOT entertained!

No seriously, it's good to see this. They need to set an example.

The cynical view would be "Our launch in a week will be a disaster - better suck up to Sony because we might need jobs."

I kid.

Was just looking at eBay. People must just be lazy. The latest PS4 just sold for $700 including shipping. WTF?!? They are in stock in loads of places right?

Spasm

Continuing the love is in the air theme:

10869982236_273a7d542a_o.jpg

Also, is anyone NOT able to sign into PSN? My PS4 is just spinning "Please wait..."

Crisco

Banned
Mine reached the local UPS facility by 8PM last night, but it won't be delivered until late in the day. UPS here is terrible, they've shown up as late as 7:30 at times.

Was just looking at eBay. People must just be lazy. The latest PS4 just sold for $700 including shipping. WTF?!? They are in stock in loads of places right?

or they do not know about that.

I see about 6-7 wal-marts with stock around my area. According to online site anyway.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Mine reached the local UPS facility by 8PM last night, but it won't be delivered until late in the day. UPS here is terrible, they've shown up as late as 7:30 at times.

Mine won't be delivered until Monday. :| Originally scheduled for today.

Top Bottom