• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

bob page

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.03 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

PlayStation 4: Launch Edition
Price on order date: $399.99
Price charged at shipping: $399.96
Lowest price before release date: $399.96
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.03

$0.03 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.
lol

Vizzeh

Banned
Wow, I am happy for you. Here in Scandinavia, and I wont be getting a launch unit. If Amazon were to list some new units I would order a PS4 and as bunch of games right away. :D

I think I may have got that pre-order because they were final stock, probably PS4's that people couldnt afford to pay for. If my console arrives on the 19th November, then I have 10 Days to play about with it and clarify that its full working before I collect my pre-ordered Killzone megabundle PS4, A fella in work is interested in it :)

My concern is, if I get this PS4 on the 19th In the UK, will PSN UK work correctly with it :) /update etc

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yea setup now stuck on Please wait...after I entered my PSN ID and everything. Think the network is getting hammered.

Got mine a little while ago. Update is going by really slow but no issues so far. I'm gonna let it update while I'm at work so it'll be nice and ready for me when I get home. Thanks AT&T for having really crappy Internet speeds.

EGOMON

Is there a thread for PS4 streams? i need to feed my thirst :(
Middle East here we won't get PS4 until late December

Synless

Gold Member
How do you organize the things you download on the main bar? I have 4 games now all in that main area and it is driving me nuts.

witness

Well the zeitgeist caught me so I applied for a new credit card and now I'm getting a PS4 as soon as I can find one after I get my card in the mail. Now to explain this to my wife.....

ckohler

How do you organize the things you download on the main bar? I have 4 games now all in that main area and it is driving me nuts.

You don't. They are listed in the order in which you last accessed them. So they change depending on what you do. Most recent on the left.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Dont suppose anyone can tell me if the PS Plus code in the box can be used by a former subscriber? Mine just ran out and I really want to play Resogun at launch.

todahawk

vRCyr0h.jpg
Greatness Arrived

I have the same thing. Looks great, and even has some vents down by the base of it for added air dissipation. Solid as a rock ^-^

Is it solid? The stand the giant bomb guys used in their video made it seem wobbley.(not sure what brand, it was unmarked)
If you accidently hit it with your elbow for example, would it tip over?

sock

Posted this in another (dead) thread, hoping for more visibility here.

I've noticed some definite oddities in how the PS4 handles multichannel audio. I'm using optical, and I've tried every combination of bitstream priority and enabled formats in the optical audio settings, with optical as the primary.

Bluray movies sound just like they should, but video from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon have no audio coming from the center channel. Also, Killzone seems to only use the center channel for things like reload sfx and UI sounds, while Resogun has no center channel audio at all.

Anyone else hearing what I'm hearing?

The download and installs are seperate like the PS3? Is the process still beyond slow as well?

The download and install are two separate processes but it all happens in the background seamlessly. You don't ever have to watch the bar like you do on PS3 and so far it's been pretty fast for me.

Aeroangel

Banned
So with Warframe it froze the entire system the first time I tried installing had to Reset using the power button. After I reset it went into safe mode then I was able to update warframe and play with no issue.

And every other game seems to work great too =]

AmyS

I'll stay offline off PSN for weeks if I have to. I don't care if I don't use it before January.

So far my PS4 experience as gone without a hitch, but I do worry very much for everyone else out there, offline and online, with the hardware itself and with PSN.

My PS4 is just barely warm and I just go done playing another 45 min or so of BF4 SP.

Gonna give the system a rest now. Gotta get some sleep myself.

Will continue later and will update.

Odrion

Banned
Oh man, the controller's lightbar is kinda bothersome, I can't find a way to play it without hitting the screen unless I cross my leg over it.

Priz

Yesterday was very busy for me. They decided to move year end inventory to last night. I also had a CD release party for a friends band 1 hour away in San Francisco and the Midnight launch at Fry's to pick up my console.

Got to Fry's around 12:25am with hardly any cars in the parking lot. Went in, they told me they were doing the B2G1F deal as well, but only on certain titles. My amazon shipment was slated to arrive today, but actually arrived yesterday. The only title I was interested in that I didn't receive and was still in stock was Need for Speed (and it wasn't part of the promo). The girl suggested I buy two copies of NfS and then pick a free game "and just give the other copy of that game to a friend as a gift". They also mentioned for one day only, they dropped the price on the 2 year extended warranty from around $150 to $59. I seem to remember a few tweets from certain people suggesting that it was worth it to get the extended warranty so I went for that.

I had to put down a $100 deposit for the system and apparently they gave the system specifically held for me for someone else, so when they went to check me out the credit wasn't working, saying it had already been used. No one at the registers could remember the guy who helped bring me forward's name other than he was "the chinese guy" so no one knew who to talk to. One of the head people finally came forth and brought another piece of paperwork which made the discount work, so I paid for it. When the receipt printed out, my name was on the payment page I had to sign for, but it replaced my name with someone else on the main part of the invoice. The manager just kept saying "That really doesn't matter, the only thing they need is the invoice number." The other employee said "But if he uses the warranty, won't there be a problem with it being a different name when he brings it in?""No, no, it will be fine." So I left figuring at least if there was a problem for 2 years, I'd be covered.

Went home, set up the system, installed the update off USB drive and put the system in standby mode and set a few games to download and went to bed. This morning I was checking to see if they downloaded ok and noticed on the system I can get 3 years of "accidental damage" for $59 or 3 years of just extended warranty without accidental damage for $49. So, same price as Fry's but for 3 years instead of 2.

Should I try to cancel/refund the Fry's extended warranty? I mean, it's nice that I can go locally and just swap it but for the same price I can get 3 years instead of 2, it'd just take longer to replace if needed.

Suggestions/input? :)

Yeah. Kotaku put one out. On mobile though. So I don't have it. Someone else will have to help me out here.

Not really. They posted a video that showed the cable could not be fully inserted. I have yet to see a picture of this mysterious bent pin and/or piece of metal. You would think with the numerous people saying they are having HDMI issues we would have a picture by now.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't know if this is the best place to ask (due to how the thread's moving), but...how's NBA2K14? If I'd ever have the possibility of picking the platform this Holiday seasons, that's the title I'm most interested in.

I mean: I read the reviews and all, but I'd like impressions by who's playing with the actual game now.

Dug

Banned
Quick question, why is it showing my real name all over my dashboard? I made it so it would just show my PSN name but all I'm seeing is my real name.

deadeye

I got one today at the Sony store. No pre-order needed, just walked in and got it. Only thing is if you didn't pre-order it, you had to buy it as a bundle. It came with an extra controller and any launch game, I got Killzone.

I wasn't on planning on getting one at launch, but since the opportunity presented myself I couldn't resist.

I came home, connected it, updated, now I'm just downloading the free games of PS+. No issues yet. I'm loving the Live playstation streams.

Top Bottom