• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I know Im just being silly but does anyone else think the blu-ray slot is recessed two far between the top/bottom of the unit looks like getting disks in will be fiddly?
dualshock_system.jpg

After all of these years my PlayStation 2 will finally be banished to the closet on Friday when I must move my PlayStation 3 in its place to make room for the PlayStation 4.

Lihwem

Controller : $59/€59
Camera : $59/€49

Why aren't both at the same price in euro given they cost the same in dollar ?
€49 controller plz

Our local best buy won't have demo kiosk. It is too small. Same for Xbox. Oh well. They still don't have anything ready except the paper destiny tower in the ps4 section.

Knoxcore

I want info on this matter too. I´m really intrigued if it´s going to be able to play Matroska files as the Sony Bravia W800 tv´s.

If it does I'll be shocked as most pirated films are mkv. I don't think Sony will allow such a codec on their system given they implemented Cinavia protection into the PS3.

Has there been any word on which games support Playasyoudownload? I know Killzone does, per the FAQ, but have any other titles mentioned support?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Try emailing yourself an Amazon gift card and putting it towards your PS4 order. That's how I payed my PS4 down little by little.
Hasn't doing this reset the delivery date for some people, though? Tread with caution.

Shax

Neo Member
I'm taking a vacation day on the 15th for the launch. I'm so stoked, next Friday can't get here fast enough. I've been a Xbox fanboy since the first console but now I'm switching sides. The PS4 will be my primary and the XBOne will be for exclusives.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just got a spare DS4 today. It's just a controller but it's got me hyped. New triggers are amazing.

I saw one at Target the other day and put my hands up against it. I was really confused because I remember people making a big deal about it being larger than the DS3. Looks like the sticks threw me off.

I managed to play what looked like the E3 demo version of Knack at my local GameStop. I am so stoke I bought Knack and I'm beyond hyped for this Friday!

I'm debating whether I should take a vacation day Friday. Originally, as luck would have it, I was supposed to have Friday off because it was my turn to work Saturday. Turns out, they don't need me Friday, so I'll have to work. The reason I'm considering it is because my preorder is from Amazon, so the FedEx/UPS guy probably will leave one of those "failed attempt at delivery" notices on my door. They are like ninjas as it is when you are home, but when you aren't it's practically impossible to receive your package on time.

Also, should I be concerned about launch game availability? I had the Watch_Dogs Amazon bundle, but with WatchDogs delayed I want to pick up ACIV. I'm worried it might be sold out come launch day. Should I pre-order?

Top Bottom