• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 error code 107552-0 when trying to copy game data to and from storage expansion. Anyone else encounter this?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Aside from the internal storage, my PS5 has the expansion SSD and also an expansion HDD. So I like to copy games to and from these sources so clear up room on one or the other. Last night I was trying to move some games around and several of them kept getting the error code 107552-0. It just wouldn't allow me to move them no matter how many times I tried. I also noticed those games that gave me this error code also are no longer able to have patches downloaded for them. One of them was GT7 and I tried to download the latest update for it, and it would start for a few seconds then give me an error saying it can't update. Another game I tried had the same thing. I tried that multiple times and the update fails at the same exact point in the download every time so I figured the data might've been corrupted, which would explain why it wouldn't update and failed at the same exact point. But it was able to boot up just fine and play. If it was corrupted I don't think the game would be playable, would it?

The only solution I've found is to delete the games off the system and reinstall. Anyone know what's up with this or also encounter this issue? I googled and other people seem to be getting this issue, but no one has found a surefire fix.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Safe mode/Rebuild database apparently fixes it.
How to start your console in Safe Mode

Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds.
The power indicator blinks for a few moments before turning off.
Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again.
Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep sounds when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Safe mode/Rebuild database apparently fixes it.
How to start your console in Safe Mode

Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds.
The power indicator blinks for a few moments before turning off.
Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again.
Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep sounds when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
Didn't work for me for whatever reason, it seems to work for some and not others.

I would format the M2 SSD check it with a PC if the drive is in good condition and reinstall the game from scratch. I saw many comments on amazon about drive which die or become slower (half the speed).

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
in these cases is alway better to remove any external HDD (M2 included) and check that internal storage is working. Then you can add external storages one at the time checking if it works as expected.
I did some tests. It doesn't appear to be source specific. Meaning, one game wouldn't copy from internal SSD to expansion SSD. One game wouldn't copy from expansion SSD to expansion HDD. If it was just one source not being able to copy to or from I'd worry about that, but it seems to be an issue with specific game installs themselves. And only some, not all. I only found 3 that had this issue so far, the rest were fine.

I'm not sure if PS5 games could be copied to external HDD storage (no matter the type, plate base, solid state or M2) connected to the USB port. If I'm not wrong then this is not an issue.
Have you tried to delete, reboot and download again the game that cannot be moved from internal SSD to the external M2 SSD storage?

Last edited:
Top Bottom