• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro final price prediction thread

How much will the PS5 Pro cost? (Pick one for no disc and one for disc)

• Total voters
Either way it won’t be cheap due to the PS5 still not having a price drop yet. I would venture to say $599 to $699 for the digital and the disc based options.

Imtjnotu

Price doesn't matter

money GIF by Interscope Records

Barakov

$599 Disc Drive.

I'd be more than happy if they released it $499 and lowered the price of the base model. That'd definitely be a way to move units.

eNT1TY

Too expensive compared to the value proposition these console had at launch. When the X and the 5 came out you'd hard pressed to find a pc as performant as either at their pricepoint without some extreme compromises like bottom tier components and likely poor upgrade paths due to crap mobo. Now for a bit over $600 (which i predict the pro will cost) you can build a fairy competent system though still farily compromised as opposed to say a $750 build that would trounce a ps5 pro, but if you can shell out 600 bucks for a playstation chances are you could cough up an extra hundred and change and build something stronger with upgrade potential.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Changed my mind. One SKU at $600. Originally had one at $550 and the other at $600, but will Sony really have 4 SKUs out?

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Hoping for a nice spec bump and 699 price point.

Probably will be a rather boring spec bump with a 599 price point.

bender

What time is it?
for the longest time I thought they'd try to get it to $499 and drop the price of the base consoles but with recent price increases in other territories, I think it will be $599 (no idea on the disc drive). I think anything more than that, and maybe even that, will chase away a lot of the market for the device.

Fbh

$699...maybe with disc drive.
Current Sony is going more the Apple route, and they aren't going to try and give it a competitive price because they don't really have any competition right now, specially for something that's just an optional more powerful SKU.

When the rumors first started I bought into the idea they would release it for like $550 while lowering the price of the base model. But with them increasing the price of the system in Japan recently and even raising the price of the controllers I don't that's going to be their approach.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
$599 with a 1tb drive. Its not going to be twice as powerful or anything like that. its going to play ps5 games in a higher res and/or better framerate just like the ps4 pro did. maybe better RT.

//DEVIL//

PS5 is 4 years old. the price of that system should have went down. but they are clowns and still pushing the post covid and ecnomoy bullshit to keep the price as its.

so fine. whatever, keep that price. joke on us for still paying that much for a 4 year old console. even video cards that are twice as powerful are about that mark.

However if the PS5 pro is anything above 600$, then they can shove it.

Generic

I used to think it would be 599$ with disc drive, but after the dual sense price increase it will probably be $699.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
$459 no disc drive but small storage space.

$549 for a good size drive.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I guess it's 600 digital with nothing more, and a bundle with a drive and some game for 650

Top Bottom