• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Does anyone know if the PS5 Pro 30th anniversary box will have the same OG Playstation color scheme as the digital 30th anniversary box?

Bojji

Every time I look at the PS5 Pro promo, I can't help but to think something is missing..

sSeaNZn.jpeg

Disc drive.

I've contracted PlayStation support through every method I can think of in the UK just to request a time orders will go live and every response I've had is literally, we get our information when it goes live on the blog. All we can say is September 26th.

Neofire

This is going to sell out. You'll have scalpers selling this at $1000+ on ebay this holiday.
If it does sell out it will be because of scalpers not because of actual gaming demand. I've seen to many people complain about the price.

• LOL
Reactions: XXL

reinking

Gold Member
Try to find dumbass's to sell them to for doubled the price? Want a pat on the back for stating the obvious? 🤷🏿‍♂️

Don’t be a dick. You know the scalpers are going to sell through them just like the PS5 launch. They were selling the regular PS5s for well over $1000 at launch. You think they are not going to be able to do the same for the Pro?

They just have multiple PSN accounts on multiple browsers/tabs to get into the queue more than once.

Sure like I said it doesn't stop them outright but I know for a fact it worked for me and another person. I was able to get my GPU and another PS5 off best buy when they did something similar. You'll never be able to outright stop them but it's much better than just leaving it open to purchase like any other device.

what time Europe? Edit: 10 am UK does it mean 11 CEST ?

10 am in the UK is 4:00am cst. I hope this is wrong.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

10am means I'm deffo not going to work tomorrow, fuck that. I'll get up at 5am as normal and spend the next 5 hours hitting F5.

Kerotan

So another 10am local time for the region timing (also matching with Australia and Singapore). So the question I think for us U.S. types is if we're going with eastern or pacific time.
That should be 10am in Ireland too. I don't get why this info is coming so late.

Euler007

The pro is a scam, just terrible value and games will look identical. Don't get fooled into buying one, just let me grab mine first.
Especially the limited edition. Take a day or two to think about if you really need it, maybe the money could be better used elsewhere. There's no rush, and you shouldn't buy when feeling pressured.

NeonDelta

my usual 10am Thursday meeting was cancelled a few days ago, still wondering if I’ll pull the trigger or not. Probably won’t sleep tonight thinking about it

RCU005

Someone who knows statistics, please calculate the probability of getting a 30th anniversary PRO out of 12,000 taking in consideration the scalpers.

Without any knowledge, I say 0%

Last edited:

Neofire

Don’t be a dick. You know the scalpers are going to sell through them just like the PS5 launch. They were selling the regular PS5s for well over $1000 at launch. You think they are not going to be able to do the same for the Pro?
I mean GD dude have you not seen the economy? And it's 700 in the US in some nations it will be close to 1000. Not everyone lives in a bubble man. 2020 ain't 2024.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I’m on the fence. I want it but I don’t feel like Sony gave me enough reasons to buy one at launch. I can wait I think … I think …

Someone who knows statistics, please calculate the probability of getting a 30th anniversary PRO out of 12,000 taking in consideration the scalpers.

Without any knowledge, I say 0%
I'm going to try and get one, and if all else fails, I'll be forced to buy from a scalper like I did for a launch day PS5.

Elios83

Already logged in the PlayStation Direct.
My chances to get the 30th Anniversary Pro bundle are higher than zero at 0.01% 🤷‍♂️ :pie_roffles: 🤭 but I want to hope that at least preorders for the standard Pro model will last a few hours given the price.

Last edited:

sendit

If it does sell out it will be because of scalpers not because of actual gaming demand. I've seen to many people complain about the price.
Price will be based on the demand. If scalpers are easily selling the PS5Pro at $1000+, that means demand is there.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I mean GD dude have you not seen the economy? And it's 700 in the US in some nations it will be close to 1000. Not everyone lives in a bubble man. 2020 ain't 2024.
We will know soon enough but I have seen this “scalpers buy them all up” thing for years acting like those items do not ultimately end up in the end users hands. Unless a scalper is dumb enough to jump in too late they usually have a pretty good record of selling through. I dislike the practice but I am not foolish enough to think people will not buy them.

They said the same thing about the PS5. This is always the excuse. It's such a cop out. If it doesn't sell out you'll come back screaming I told you so and blaming Sony for the price. If it does sell out then you'll say it was just scalpers.

Top Bottom