• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro you buying?

are you still buying?

• Total voters

Osthyvel

Money is not a issue for me, but no way, i always upgrade things like this day1, but no, this will maybe not flopp like Concord, but it will flopp.

Nintendo has such a chance here, with a good pricing the new switch will sell tons and tons of units!

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
I would have been day-1 at £599. Now I’m thinking that I’ll just wait for the appropriate amount of discount first.

Xtib81

I was 200% convinced I would be there day one but with that Price tag, I'm now considering moving to PC and get a 4070ti or something similar even though it's more expensive. I need to see the pro in action because what they've shown hasn't been convincing.

Last edited:
The no disc drive thing doesn’t bother me at all, only buy digitally but theres no software that takes advantage of this console, IDGAF about 60fps. If they show a game that looks dramatically better than it does on Ps5 I’d consider it. But as of now I see no point. Might as well just start building a PC at this rate

Last edited:
Was looking to get a new graphics card too, need to upgrade the 3060ti. So don't think I can justify the pro and the card need to think about it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I bet you have a 4090 too
A 4090 as in one PC with a 4090?

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

SyberWolf

i think i probably wont buy a console anymore.
if it was the US price in EU i might get it, but 881 usd in europe is a little too much tbh.
curious if Xbox can do better.

Monkfish877

What a ripoff!!! Take my advice, don't waste your hard earned money on this, Sony hasn't released a single game yet that utilises the full power of the base ps5 yet, what makes you think they will for the ps5 pro?. As we saw in the video, the games look pretty much same to me across both of the systems, not a chance in hell I'll be suckered into buying this thing, what a waste of money.

rotorfire

Neo Member
I was pretty firmly on the bandwagon, figuring the price would be 600eur low end, 700eur high end. 800euro, without a disc drive, leaves me flabbergasted. I don't think I've even used that word before. Reminds me of the PS3 launch.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Never in my mind it crossed they would target this 800 € in europe. If you had a disk tray to the mix, where I'm from it scales the price to 919 €.

It's absolutely insane what they're trying to do here.

If I managed to grab a promo bundle somewhere down the road, I'll probably binge it, otherwise...

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

Bond007

I was 100%
But I think they sort of failed this diehard.

I will preorder and decide as we get closer and learn more. I probably will- but buying a digital console does not sit well with me, combined with that price. Ultimately its not about the price for me but its hard to justify the combination of the two if that makes sense.

King Dazzar

Who am I kidding, yes. But I'm aware that I'm being corporately rogered in doing so. I can even feel Sony spreading my bum cheeks as we speak.

Eimran

Fuck that. Been gaming for 25 years but I'm not paying for a midgen 800 console with no disk drives and a pisspoor library of first party titles.

I'm not gonna bail them out their financial disaster with Concord. They can go fuck themselves.

Said it million times before. The worst world for gamers is Sony without competition.

Robb

Gold Member
I was convinced I was getting one until I saw the pricing.. I think it’ll be, like, $950+ where I live.
Jenna Ortega Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Might just get the base model instead during the holidays. All I really want to play is AstroBot. But then again, I really really really want to play AstroBot.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I was convinced I was getting one until I saw the pricing.. I think it’ll be, like, $950+ where I live.
Jenna Ortega Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Might just get the base model instead during the holidays. All I really want to play is AstroBot. But then again, I really really really want to play AstroBot.

You don't need a Pro for that, it looks amazing and runs perfectly on PS5 Amateur.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Oh no, the original was difficult enough to get. Also the thing is simply not interesting enough.

Imo, the announcement would have been more interesting by announcing surprise titles. A brand new, refreshed UI featuring one or two innovation.

Here it's just, hey here's the stronger PS5, you'll play Ratchet at higher framerate,bye. 700$

That was dry af

Banjo64

cumsessed
No. In fact I can’t think of a bigger slap in the face to their fans ever. I am already out of the ecosystem, and will only jump back in when they seriously crash and burn and reevaluate their position in the market.

So deluded and out of touch it’s funny.

Robb

Gold Member
You don't need a Pro for that, it looks amazing and runs perfectly on PS5 Amateur.
Yeah, I know. The Pro was more of a “might as well wait and see what it is” kind of deal for me anyway since I don’t own a regular Ps5 at the moment.

Top Bottom