• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro you buying?

are you still buying?

• Total voters

Osthyvel

I bought a Sega fucking Saturn for $399 in 1995. $700 in 2024? HA! I'll buy a case of PS5 Pros! I'm old! I have savings! I have inheritance moolah! I just bought a new car with cash! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
Well... i'm wealthy to, and thats mostly because i made some good choises.

Today i choose to dust of my Ps3 again, so much gems to that console.

Sony makes me go backwards with their choises.

Each to his own etc...

reinking

Gold Member
Well... i'm wealthy to, and thats mostly because i made some good choises.

Today i choose to dust of my Ps3 again, so much gems to that console.

Sony makes me go backwards with their choises.

Each to his own etc...

I have Nigerian Prince wealth. It should be hitting my bank account by the end of the week. Suckers.

Paw Paw Reaction GIF

FunkMiller

Of course I’m fucking not. I have a good gaming laptop, and this stupid fucking thing has zero games to justify its existence or idiotic price point.

Barakov

I hate it doesn't come with a disc drive, but it's only 100$ more than a 2TB Series X and it's being marketed as a 2TB, 4K, RT 60fps machine twice as powerful as a PS5.
That alone makes it not worth it to me. Plus you add in the price and it's quite easy to ignore this thing.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
BRO!!!!!!!!

I just signed up. It’s a fucking game changer. You’ll laugh, but I started with Starfield maxed out and it ran beautifully. Zero dips.

It just fucking works! I might be done with consoles.
No skin off my nose. Enjoy whatever you game on.

Yeah, willing to get an import version too if the console is delayed in my country. However, games are what matters so gonna need to see that list of 50 games being prep for the pro.

GloveSlap

Never say never, but i doubt it. $700 with disc and stand would have already been really pushing it. Without those included, just no.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Not buying not because I can’t afford it but because it’s not giving me anything new that my PC do not already

th4tguy

I don’t even care about the disk drive but that price is bonkers. They looked at what ps5 base was selling for by scalpers and decided this price is a steal.
This is what we get when Sony doesn’t have good competition.

It's very expensive but if the TIV holds then my girl's OG Digital will trade for $360 or above so $350-400 after trade in. I'll give her my slim.

It's basically like if I had to buy a new PS5 but cheaper.

RAIDEN1

Wait until the Playstation 6 is out that will be over $1000....And WHO is Sony going up against here with this 1.1 edition of the Playstation, Microsoft aren't in the game, and Nintendo is sticking to its own guns when it comes to horsepower...is there a pent up demand for a PS5 Pro...is Konami releasing a Metal Gear 6 exclusive for the Pro like what MGS4 was for the PS3? No they are not...so it doesn't have much of a compelling case..

Thabass

Cringe poll options, I voted the equivalent to No. I don't use my PS5 enough to really warrant to spend the money on a Pro. I usually use my PC to game nowadays and I don't couch game enough either. Also I have a laptop gaming PC if I want to do some couch gaming and it does really well for being a laptop.

There's so many things going against the PS5 Pro that I can't see myself getting it just to have a more powerful PS5. Also a lot of the games I want to play are coming to PC anyway. So, kind of a wash for me.

simpatico

Beth from accounting: "Mark are you sure people will pay $800 to change the FSR setting?"

CERNY: "They'll pay"

Beth from accounting: "Maybe we should wait to announce it so we can show them a new game at the same time to help sell it"

CERNY: "They'll pay"

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Yep pc gaming the utopia of cheap hardware lmao these comments keep cracking me up
Never said PC was cheap.

I've just had more use for PC than I do for a PS5 Pro, especially since it doesn't include a drive? I've mainly used PS5 for movies and co-op couch games with friends but as we're getting older that just isn't a priority anymore.

I don't think that's an uncommon situation. Tough concept to grasp, I know.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I really think that $700 price point is encroaching on PC pricing. It just doesn’t make sense to buy a Pro at that price, when you can build or have a pc built for a few hundred more.

I was dreading the price reveal, knowing if it was $500, I’d likely jump on it, despite my reservations. But $700 without a disk drive or a horizontal stand, which is how my PS5 is stored, that’s just ridiculous. It’s not a matter of not having the money. I just can’t support a mid-gen refresh with its limited updated specs and the unwanted storage space, at the price. It’s a vote with my wallet.

Bojji

Of course, people complaining can be poor somewhere else. Still cheaper than a PC with similar performance.

But you are forced to what options devs choose for you, on PC you can choose whatever performance/iq profile you want. Plus cheaper games and free online.

Answering OP - for this kind of money? They can go fuck themselves and this 2019 piece of shit CPU they are using.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Never said PC was cheap.

I've just had more use for PC than I do for a PS5 Pro, especially since it doesn't include a drive? I've mainly used PS5 for movies and co-op couch games with friends but as we're getting older that just isn't a priority anymore.

I don't think that's an uncommon situation. Tough concept to grasp, I know.

That’s all fine and dandy but why the hyperbole and outrage?

“They can fuck off” meanwhile you’re primarily a PC gamer. As if you were ever going to get this anyways?

Last edited:

Krathoon

Does the disc drive come with a new side for the system?

Edit: Oh, I see. It snaps on. I did not realize it pops off like that.

Last edited:

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I'll get one eventually or if they are readily avilable but I'm not exactly going to be clawing for one at launch like I did a ps5.

The problem being I have no idea what Sony is planning on releasing 6 months from now. What is getting me hyped on the possibility of playing it with all bells and whistles enabled?

People need to stop bringing the "inflation" argument, we're talking about electronics, not food, or housing.

Also, keep in mind TSMC isn't the only provider of microchip wafers.

Nintendo plans to use Samsung for Switch 2.

EpSFEiVXEAI6TxF

EkOP5ezUcAgUs79

Can I just take a moment to say switching to PC first gaming is an amazing and liberating feeling. Worth the upfront investment and I get to play a good majority of the games getting released if I want them (I mostly never buy newly released AAA games but I can). There is only one thing left for me to care about Sony and it's a remote possible thing at this moment.

My ps5 went from my first place to play to now general media player for one of my tvs.

But that's not the only reason I am holding on to it. The device serves for one thing and each year that passes, it grows more and more unlikely.... it's sole purpose of existing for me is as the Bloodborne 2 machine.

I will say this. I have few consumer weaknesses and that fucking IP is one of them. I do not gives a rats ass about the rest of their console exclusives. I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne 1 and fucked with other games since my PC then was dogshit for games made 2010. And now I am holding out hope we will see BB 2 by the end of PS5 life cycle. I will not get a pro though for it and my current pc is better. Fuck the price as well. And if it spans into the PS6 era, well... hoping that shit is cross gen or Sony smarts up to the PC market. Not hopeful for either scenario happening.

Last edited:
Console gaming is a more enjoyable and frankly superior experience for most people. I like high end tech, the one exception to that is my PC/laptop. A budget option does all I need for work, media and some retro gaming. Pair that with the best console of the day and it's a far better value proposition than chasing high end PC gaming.
So what happens if Steam releases a Steambox at the same price but with free online play and the full Steam library?

Eszti

Banned
Yes i will buy but only after the inevitable price drops.

This thing is more than 1000$ in my country with a disc drive.

This thing will not even move 1 million units at this price. it will drop fast.im really certain in it. if not i sit it out. i can easily afford it but its objectively not worth it. i jumped from pc gaming back to sony for this? i had a 4070ti pc and a rx 7900xt pc but i was just sick of pc gaming. but 920€ for a console is insane even if it would have 100% more gpu power.

45% more gpu Power is not good for that price especially on a console. Remember the Ps4 Pro gave us over 100% more gpu Power for the same price as the launch ps4!

I dont care if pssr is in it even if i think it will be good an dpush the 45% to around 80% and even 100% with RT but still. raw power is always better.

Sony is simply testing the waters, xbox is no competition anymore. sony is literally the Nvidia of consoles. and if people will buy that pro say good bye to affordable good value consoles from Ps6 on. if the cfonsumer fucks now up, its over with good value. Sonys marge is over 100% on this console, for comparison nvidia gaming gpus marge is 60-70% that should tell you everything you need to know.

Top Bottom