• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Askia47 said:
Has anyone actually had their CC or Debit card compromised because of this intrusion? Or are people still being vague or careful, because it doesnt seem like much has happened yet.

Wells Fargo, American Express, and Mastercard have said that there has been no fraud activity due to the PSN breach. I wish I had a link, but it was posted in this thread last night.

megateto said:
Something that resembled PSN ids (but could also just be forum nicks), emails and passwords.

Just spit out the site already. Honestly, if its a hacker site, they tend to be very anti Sony and will do anything to make them look bad. Hell, Sony looks bad enough right now. I seriously doubt the file you saw was legit. The only way to know is if someone here can verify that the info is correct about there account.

xapnder

OneMoreQuestion said:
Did you see any PSN IDs or just emails and passwords?

nick,email:password

a example (not real)

1. xxxxxx,xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx:xxxxx
2. xxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx:xxxxxxxxxx
3. xxxx,xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx:xxxx

Just spit out the site already. Honestly, if its a hacker site, they tend to be very anti Sony and will do anything to make them look bad. Hell, Sony looks bad enough right now. I seriously doubt the file you saw was legit. The only way to know is if someone here can verify that the info is correct about there account.

The list is real

xapnder said:

a example (not real)

The list is real but not from PSN,

Where is it from then? How did they get the info?

megateto

xapnder said:

a example (not real)

The list is real

Seems you and me have seen the same list. Less than 4100 names too?

darkwing said:
if the list is real, new thread? to warn the users

Exactly, I want the fucking info to see if I'm on it and I want to see it with my own eyes. Also, if all they got was 4046 PSN ids, thats very good news.

Zoe

megateto said:
Something that resembled PSN ids (but could also just be forum nicks), emails and passwords.

It could be PSN ID's if it's anything like GAF where you could put it in your profile.

itxaka

Defeatist
Askia47 said:
Has anyone actually had their CC or Debit card compromised because of this intrusion? Or are people still being vague or careful, because it doesnt seem like much has happened yet.

Mine was canceled last week (19 or 20) because they suspected fraud attempts. No more info was given to me unfortunately so I can't either confirm or deny that it has something to do with it. But I only use paypal to pay on the internet, no credit card attached to it.

webrunner

Are there only "guessable" brute-forcable passwords (like the gawker leak) or are there also crazier "j42lkfgun" style passwords which means that yes, they actually did store them in a retrievable way on the server and need to be held accountable for negligence.

webrunner said:
Are there only "guessable" brute-forcable passwords (like the gawker leak) or are there also crazier "j42lkfgun" style passwords which means that yes, they actually did store them in a retrievable way on the server and need to be held accountable for negligence.
That's assuming that list is actually from PSN.

Salaadin

cjtiger300 said:
Exactly, I want the fucking info to see if I'm on it and I want to see it with my own eyes. Also, if all they got was 4046 PSN ids, thats very good news.

Im dying to see the list as well to see if Im on it but Im sure he doesnt exactly want to start throwing around files with names and passwords on it and spread it around even more.
Still, Id at least like a username listing just to check if my name is on there. I dont care about emails or passwords.

Hazelhurst

spats said:
They don't want to miss another store update day so I'd say it goes up may 3rd.
Making sure the PSN is secure is their main concern. They said they're not bring it back online until it's secure.

webrunner

Rebel Leader said:
Great, Now we have a supposed list.

(did I say it right?)

The "Supposed" alleged "List"
30367.gif

Does anyone know if when you changed your password on PSN, did it send a confirmation email? I changed my passwords after the gawker/kotaku hack, but I can't remember if I changed my PSN pwd.

meppi

cjtiger300 said:
urs. The individual spent over $500 dollars on three different transactions when my bank called me due to the strange activity. .
Hehe, that actually makes me wonder what my bank would consider strange activity on my part. :)

Not wanting to go into details of course, but being a big fan of Japanese (retro) games and asian films, you'd be surprised at the effort I go though to find that one particular out of print item that's extremely hard to find.
Must have a psychological profile added to my account I think, so they can compare of it fits my usual behavior. ;)

If the supposed list is real would that presume the hackers only managed to get 4,000 entries from the pool of 77million accounts that has frequently been touted? Because, that would kinda be good news wouldn't it?

webrunner

meppi said:
Hehe, that actually makes me wonder what my bank would consider strange activity on my part. :)

Not wanting to go into details of course, but being a big fan of Japanese (retro) games and asian films, you'd be surprised at the effort I go though to find that one particular out of print item that's extremely hard to find.
Must have a psychological profile added to my account I think, so they can compare of it fits my usual behavior. ;)

One timne I got flagged for possibly fraudulent when I went to a local hobby store which I had gone to virtually every week buying things all the time. They ended up having to give me a new card because once they flag it it's their policy to cancel the card once they auto-flag it, even if the card was assuredly not stolen.

I didn't know whether to feel pissed or safe.

Salaadin said:
Im dying to see the list as well to see if Im on it but Im sure he doesnt exactly want to start throwing around files with names and passwords on it and spread it around even more.
Still, Id at least like a username listing just to check if my name is on there. I dont care about emails or passwords.

Agreed, but I'm intrigued as well. I want to know if I'm on it.

Grampasso

borghe said:
being careful. there have been rumors and unsubstantiated claims that sony has warned the networks of potential fraud, but nothing factual. Sony's official statement is that the card database is encrypted and there is no evidence that leads them to believe that the card numbers were stolen.

edit - and yes, people have said that they've had fraudulent activity on their account, but there is no indication or reason to believe it was related to this other than coincidental timing. There has definitely not been a pattern or anything like there has been with other confirmed credit card thefts.
Fuck you.
Just fuck you and your insane bullshits, I don't know how you're still being able to post here.
I had to come back home from the city where I work and probably will lose several work days (at least 300-400€) for this reason, so FUCK YOU.

infinityBCRT said:
Does anyone know if when you changed your password on PSN, did it send a confirmation email? I changed my passwords after the gawker/kotaku hack, but I can't remember if I changed my PSN pwd.

It does.

Grampasso said:
Fuck you.
Just fuck you and your insane bullshits, I don't know how you're still being able to post here.
I had to come back home from the city where I work and probably will lose several work days (at least 300-400€) for this reason, so FUCK YOU.
Nothing he said was bullshit. Visa MasterCard and some other themselves said there have been no suspicious activity regarding cards with PSN purchases. Sony themselves said the data was encrypted and that there was no evidence it was taken.

And even if you are telling the truth, without proof it's still "unsubstantiated". No need to jump on him like that.

Salaadin

webrunner said:
One timne I got flagged for possibly fraudulent when I went to a local hobby store which I had gone to virtually every week buying things all the time. They ended up having to give me a new card because once they flag it it's their policy to cancel the card once they auto-flag it, even if the card was assuredly not stolen.

I didn't know whether to feel pissed or safe.

My bank called me 3 weeks ago to question activity on my card. The transaction? The gas I paid for 10 minutes earlier. The transaction showed up with a timestamp of 7:30 when I paid for the gas at 8:30...I guess the pump had the wrong time or something like that.
They questioned it because I had already bought another item with the card at 8:15...setting off this confusion because there was no way I went back in time to buy gas.

Rapstah

Grampasso said:
Fuck you.
You had not to work because there was no sign of your card being stolen?

EDIT: Okay, reading your previous post this post doesn't fit into your story. Disregard.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
xapnder said:
you can put spaces in a psn id? I don't remeber now and in that list there are nick with spaces.

No, you can't. That's why my nick is "Bloody_Marcel" instead of "Bloody Marcel"

Grampasso said:
Fuck you.

I'll admit your entire situation sounds batshit insane, but your problem isn't Sony, it's Fineco. With a "normal" bank you'd have solved any issue in a couple phonecalls.

Abylim

Well, I think having the psn down has made me focus or something, just got my second platinum in a week, GoW1.

Looking forward to syncing my 70+ trophies so far xD

Just in case people missed it...

"All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken."

"Spokesmen for Wells Fargo & Co., American Express Co. and MasterCard Inc. said they were monitoring cardholder accounts and hadn’t seen unauthorized activity relating to Sony. "

JB1981

Grampasso said:
Fuck you.

WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom