• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP cel-shading fighting game "Bleach" mag scan

lunlunqq

Sorry if old, but this cel-shading on psp's looking good!!! :D :D

71376_2.jpg

71376_3.jpg

That game was originally supposed to be on the PS2. Same with Ape Escape 3. SCE seems to be moving games over from the PS2 to the PSP.

lunlunqq

AndriaSang said:
That game was originally supposed to be on the PS2. Same with Ape Escape 3. SCE seems to be moving games over from the PS2 to the PSP.

Well, i guess ps2's future lineup (FFXII, DQVIII, Wanda, etc) is strong enough to give it a smooth last year. It really does not need another average-looking cel-shading fighting game... However, this on a all new psp could mean amazing eye-candy and a potential system-seller.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
That looks nice, but I'm doubtful about the gameplay. Who are developing this? SCEI themselves?

ferricide

Kiriku said:
That looks nice, but I'm doubtful about the gameplay. Who are developing this? SCEI themselves?
doubtful, but japanese mags never list the developer. meh.

this has a decent chance of coming out here -- the manga is, and soon the show will be IIRC.

pilonv1

I'm talking about acquiring the show, which is still yet to be licenced. Which means no games outside of Japan.

XS+

Banned
Once again, for the Japanese-savvy, the 2nd scan (top half, gold box) lists the 'maker' as SCE.

mr2mike

Banned
cool, makes it look like the PSP was made to cel shade.

jiggle, missed that tidbit about no lockout for games, is that really true?

jiggle

mr2mike said:
cool, makes it look like the PSP was made to cel shade.

jiggle, missed that tidbit about no lockout for games, is that really true?

Yep. confirmed the day after the price was announced.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
waifish schoolgirl versus spiky haired kid with absurdly large sword? if they put in a giant mech and an amorous squid, it'll have the entire spectrum of anime themes covered!

Bandai could very well release a PSP oriented Jump! Super Stars.

On another note, I have to say that screenshot really impressed me.

neptunes

pilonv1 said:
I'm talking about acquiring the show, which is still yet to be licenced. Which means no games outside of Japan.

narutofan stated that the show is in the process of being licensed here in america.

Not to sure of that though.

acklame

jiggle said:
The way Bandai milks its franchises, doubtful Naruto won't make it to PSP eventually.

Bandai already announced a naruto, one piece and dbz game for psp. It's three separate games though, not naruto v.s. one piece v.s. dbz.

A game doesn't need to be licensed out of japan for it to be released domestically.

For proof of the pudding look at Victorious Boxers.

Being a fan of Bleach, I'm going to have to import this. Man, that would be worth importing the system for me, though I'll probably still wait for the American release. Looks awesome though, IMO.

Top Bottom